2023 Transfer Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Dolan to Maryland official. Article says he has two years of eligibility left, so he could presumably take over for McAnaney after being back up next year.

McNaney has two years left as well. He was a freshman in 2020.

Slim pickings for goalies in the portal with Dolan and Hinicks off the board. Fairfield starter James Corasiniti is in there, saved at 51% this year but was previously in the high 40s before that and may not be much of an upgrade over Thompson/Gavin. Maybe someone like Chayse Ierlan enters when Cornell's season is over. To be honest I have no clue which Ivy players can still return to their schools and which have to go elsewhere. It all depends on if they took a leave from school during Covid or not.

We should have tried to pursue Dolan as I suggested awhile back IMO. Liked him more than Dobson. He would have a good shot at starting next year, rather than riding the bench at Maryland, which he will be doing because he’s not taking McAnaney’s spot. We are bringing in a really good goalie in McCool, but it would’ve been nice to have a proven goalie at the D1 level to compete for starting minutes.

McNaney has two years left as well. He was a freshman in 2020.

Slim pickings for goalies in the portal with Dolan and Hinicks off the board. Fairfield starter James Corasiniti is in there, saved at 51% this year but was previously in the high 40s before that and may not be much of an upgrade over Thompson/Gavin. Maybe someone like Chayse Ierlan enters when Cornell's season is over. To be honest I have no clue which Ivy players can still return to their schools and which have to go elsewhere. It all depends on if they took a leave from school during Covid or not.
i'll be mildly surprised if demopolous wants to risk 2 more years of backing up at brown. not proven in college, same as an incoming recruit. and maybe ivy to anywhere without a degree is going to be looking at duke, nd, another ivy or any other usual suspects. he was originally committed to hop.

Interesting pickup for Georgetown. Kelly is a lefty and mostly a finisher. Georgetown’s current lefty finisher, Dylan Watson is currently in the portal and rumors are that he is indeed leaving. So this could fill a need. Still a lot of rumors that this will be Dordevic’s likely destination. Also I’ve seen rumors that Brian Minicus from Colgate is headed there.

Interesting pickup for Georgetown. Kelly is a lefty and mostly a finisher. Georgetown’s current lefty finisher, Dylan Watson is currently in the portal and rumors are that he is indeed leaving. So this could fill a need. Still a lot of rumors that this will be Dordevic’s likely destination. Also I’ve seen rumors that Brian Minicus from Colgate is headed there.

G-town needs more firepower on its attack as witnessed by Sunday's upset. This is a good pick up but they definitely need Dordevic as well. Two grad guys but probably the only way they can get the firepower they will need to make a run next year before they lose a lot to graduation.

For those of you who enjoy the Hopkins thread over at Fanlax there is a classic HopFan 16 vs JHU06 battle going on right now. Riveting stuff...

Some of the best content on that site! The two of them should get together and do a roundtable discussion with Doc B and put it on You Tube, that would be must watch content for us that spend to much time on Fanlax.

For those of you who enjoy the Hopkins thread over at Fanlax there is a classic HopFan 16 vs JHU06 battle going on right now. Riveting stuff...
I have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine. Sometimes I worry that they don't have enough angst over there, but then they rally.

Some of the best content on that site! The two of them should get together and do a roundtable discussion with Doc B and put it on You Tube, that would be must watch content for us that spend to much time on Fanlax.

I would pay to see that

G-town needs more firepower on its attack as witnessed by Sunday's upset. This is a good pick up but they definitely need Dordevic as well. Two grad guys but probably the only way they can get the firepower they will need to make a run next year before they lose a lot to graduation.
Kelly is a fairly weak attack. Started I believe full time in the 2021 season and only put up 31 points. Maybe they did throw Tilman and others down there occasionally but still. Solid feeder and finisher but does virtually nothing off the dodge. Would be a downgrade from Watson if they try to get him to replace his offball production. Breshi not giving Trippi a shot over Kelly or Solomon at attack was a bad move. That guy has been a dodging problem since he was a freshman. Had a great year for Georgetown and I assume would have stayed at UNC if they gave him a more serious role. Unfortunately Breshi will not suffer for his bad moves as the upcoming Petro Duffy attack combo will be a menace going forward.

Kelly is a fairly weak attack. Started I believe full time in the 2021 season and only put up 31 points. Maybe they did throw Tilman and others down there occasionally but still. Solid feeder and finisher but does virtually nothing off the dodge. Would be a downgrade from Watson if they try to get him to replace his offball production. Breshi not giving Trippi a shot over Kelly or Solomon at attack was a bad move. That guy has been a dodging problem since he was a freshman. Had a great year for Georgetown and I assume would have stayed at UNC if they gave him a more serious role. Unfortunately Breshi will not suffer for his bad moves as the upcoming Petro Duffy attack combo will be a menace going forward.
Breschi has his guys and if you are not one of his guys you don't get the playing time.

Reilly is headed back to Georgetown

FO position in the portal is a wasteland. I don't see any difference makers who can help Cuse immediately but maybe someone will enter during/after the NCAA tournament.

FO position in the portal is a wasteland. I don't see any difference makers who can help Cuse immediately but maybe someone will enter during/after the NCAA tournament.
Still hoping Chase Mullins enters the portal. What about Lake Baker out of Penn State. He was a four-star

The sisselberger rumors aren’t going away, though.

Still hoping Chase Mullins enters the portal. What about Lake Baker out of Penn State. He was a four-star

There will definitely be more guys in the portal. Once the season ends more guys will decide to jump in. SU needs to pursue any big name and also look into someone under the radar like they did with Ben Williams.

i'll be mildly surprised if demopolous wants to risk 2 more years of backing up at brown. not proven in college, same as an incoming recruit. and maybe ivy to anywhere without a degree is going to be looking at duke, nd, another ivy or any other usual suspects. he was originally committed to hop.

Rumor on Fanlax that he is in the portal.

Rumor on Fanlax that he is in the portal.

Will be serious comp for him as a couple of different teams could use him. Hop and other IVY squads will likely be all over him.

I am surprised the FOGO position hasn't been a bigger topic of conversation on here. We've discussed goalies a lot, but even if we enter Fall Ball with McCool, Gavin and Thompson as the only goalies in the mix, that's not a disaster. Syracuse currently as two FOGOs on the roster, one a freshman and the other a sophomore who barley got any playing time last year (they clearly weren't worried about burning Fine's redshirt last year). This is the number one need of the team right now, and I don't think anything else is close.

I am surprised the FOGO position hasn't been a bigger topic of conversation on here. We've discussed goalies a lot, but even if we enter Fall Ball with McCool, Gavin and Thompson as the only goalies in the mix, that's not a disaster. Syracuse currently as two FOGOs on the roster, one a freshman and the other a sophomore who barley got any playing time last year (they clearly weren't worried about burning Fine's redshirt last year). This is the number one need of the team right now, and I don't think anything else is close.

Yup FOGO is the biggest issue right now by far. I assume that most are thinking like myself that SU will add in a few transfers or a late recruit or soemthing to add to the mix. Hard to see any scenario where they don't add at least 1 if not 2 additional FOGO's. Even a D2 guy would make sense at this point.

Yup FOGO is the biggest issue right now by far. I assume that most are thinking like myself that SU will add in a few transfers or a late recruit or soemthing to add to the mix. Hard to see any scenario where they don't add at least 1 if not 2 additional FOGO's. Even a D2 guy would make sense at this point.
What about Gavin Gibbs the incoming FOGO? Haven't heard anything since signing day.

It may not be that they "weren't worried about burning Fine's redshirt" it could be that his parents didn't feel like paying an extra 70k just so he could have an extra year of eligibility. Economics always a factor at a private institution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom