2023 Transfer Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Welp. I spoke to someone today who knows Sisselberger really well. Word as of now is, he’s burned out on lacrosse and isn’t interested in transferring. He may in fact join the Lehigh wrestling team.

Welp. I spoke to someone today who knows Sisselberger really well. Word as of now is, he’s burned out on lacrosse and isn’t interested in transferring. He may in fact join the Lehigh wrestling team.
Best of luck to him. Hope he does what's best for him, and not others.

Is your handle a reference to Nazareth PA or Nazareth College?

Or are you one of these guys?

Disappointing to hear. Obviously has to do what’s best for himself. Hope it’s just a rumor though!

Not sure what the other options are but again, season is still not over and I’m sure more guys will enter the portal. Apparently Matt Narweski from Hopkins was “not asked back” by the current staff (according to the thread on FanLax). He had injury issues this year and only finished at 48% but was 56% last year in the Big 10 bubble. Obviously there is the Petro connection. Also his dad wrestled at Syracuse. Just throwing out other options that might be available.

Last edited:
Nicky Soloman to Georgetown. Reported by Post Game.

Curious decision. Does this mean Tucker to midfield? I don’t think Solomon has ever played middie. I think he’ll do well with Haley dishing the ball but will be interesting to see where all these pieces fit.

Curious decision. Does this mean Tucker to midfield? I don’t think Solomon has ever played middie. I think he’ll do well with Haley dishing the ball but will be interesting to see where all these pieces fit.

I think this does likely mean Tucker back to middie, Solomon is not in anyway shape or form a midfielder

Nicky Soloman to Georgetown. Reported by Post Game.

Had heard some rumblings about Solomon potentially ending up here. G-town seems like a much better potential fit. Personally I didn't really see how he would fit in on next years team here.

Not sure if yous ever brought this up or was asked before so forgive me if have. But curious what people’s take is on the transfer portal. Meaning believe was least 10yrs ago maby more that changed it if transfer can play right away as think(could be wrong been while since last looked it up) had to be at school for semester before could play. So i ask do you think this is for better or think will hurt the game? As i’m not big fan of it think creates exactly what have at maryland and helps even solid team become even more dominating.

Actually not sure what rule was before maby wasn’t much diff just know last 2years atleast seems portal us really made a big difference for teams mostly maryland and rutgers .

Had heard some rumblings about Solomon potentially ending up here. G-town seems like a much better potential fit. Personally I didn't really see how he would fit in on next years team here.
Hearing anything good for Cuse? Lol

Hearing anything good for Cuse? Lol

Not a ton out there right now to be honest. SU is in play for Hudgins but that will be a battle and SU probably comes up short there. I expect as more people enter you will see some fits that make sense. FOGO being the main one. I know there was some smoke about the Brown back up goalie but I think that was more the Petro connection.

Not sure if yous ever brought this up or was asked before so forgive me if have. But curious what people’s take is on the transfer portal. Meaning believe was least 10yrs ago maby more that changed it if transfer can play right away as think(could be wrong been while since last looked it up) had to be at school for semester before could play. So i ask do you think this is for better or think will hurt the game? As i’m not big fan of it think creates exactly what have at maryland and helps even solid team become even more dominating.

LAX has always allowed instant transfers.

John Lade and Joe Yevoli were over a decade ago and they played right away.

thank you did not know that. Knew some other sports couldn’t but just assumed was all ncaa sports not that was diff for each. Thanks

Not a ton out there right now to be honest. SU is in play for Hudgins but that will be a battle and SU probably comes up short there. I expect as more people enter you will see some fits that make sense. FOGO being the main one. I know there was some smoke about the Brown back up goalie but I think that was more the Petro connection.

FOGO should be soon. TD connection

I think this would have been a net positive if Solomon had decided on 'Cuse. I think the general consensus is that Birtwistle and Spallina will be starting along Hiltz at attack next season, and Solomon is a very similar player to Birtwistle. But it would have been nice for another proven DI player to join the Orange. I don't think that is ever a bad thing. Both Solomon and his former UNC teammate Kelly were dismissed by a lot of people when they entered the transfer portal, but they ended up at a really desirable destination in Georgetown.

Whether a midfielder or attackman it would be nice to add another dodger to the group for next season, someone who can take the heat off of Hiltz and Spallina who I imagine will do a lot of the ball handling. Tommy Schelling is a name I'm keeping an eye on. I think he would fit in really well with what SU is trying to do next year.

I think this would have been a net positive if Solomon had decided on 'Cuse. I think the general consensus is that Birtwistle and Spallina will be starting along Hiltz at attack next season, and Solomon is a very similar player to Birtwistle. But it would have been nice for another proven DI player to join the Orange. I don't think that is ever a bad thing. Both Solomon and his former UNC teammate Kelly were dismissed by a lot of people when they entered the transfer portal, but they ended up at a really desirable destination in Georgetown.

Whether a midfielder or attackman it would be nice to add another dodger to the group for next season, someone who can take the heat off of Hiltz and Spallina who I imagine will do a lot of the ball handling. Tommy Schelling is a name I'm keeping an eye on. I think he would fit in really well with what SU is trying to do next year.

Normally I would agree but Nicky Solomon isn't really much of a dodging threat and has no prior experience playing midfield or is a guy who you can move to midfield in all honesty. With Kirst already in the fold you already have a finishing type of veteran attackmen in the fold even though Kirst is likely to play midfield. Unless Birtwistle jumps in the portal (hopefully not) I don't see the opening for a finishing type of attackmen. Schelling would make more sense but even then you would have to sit one of Spallina, Hiltz or Birtwistle and bump Leo from the 4th attackmen to 5th. From an offensive standpoint another midfielder might make sense but even then we've already added Simmons and Kirst you would like to have a young guy be it a Rhoa or Kempney or Cordes on that third line with him. Personally I think a guy like Madonna from Hobart would be a good add, could have him play some 1st line and also be the veteran presence on a young second line with Fiorini and probably a young gun.

Wonder if Crawley tries to pull Schelling to JHU? Hopkins' mechanical engineering program is probably pretty strong.

Smart move adding TD without question. Just a little extra perk that could move the needle for a guy deciding between a few places. Phaup having a great year while working with him certainly helps. If it is Stathakis that would be slight downgrade from Phaup, but waaay better than most of our other realistic options. Was under 50 against Reilly at GTown and Naso at Duke, but a little above against Ignacio at OSU, who is quite good, and did well against the UNC crew as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom