2023 USMNT | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 USMNT

A buddy of mine is a Chaplain with the USMNT, it's been interesting to hear his insights on Berhalter as I've been texting him about it - definitely agreed that it's a "safe" decision & that the leash will be short, a lot dependent on the performance in Copa America

Good stuff from Reyna. Don't mind the attitude from him when the quality and effort is there.

Quarterfinal or semifinal has to be the benchmark. Round of 16 is a fail playing on home turf.

Greg returning is frustrating. Less because of tactics and more because of in game management and feel with lineups. It seems a lot to do with it is the support from the players. That can go both ways and the drama that came out of the WC to me would have been too much to keep him in place.. but I guess not.
Yep.. pulisic and Weah really support him. I do wonder what this means for Reyna in the midfield. And what this means for the lb kid who has plays in Germany. I also hope Gregg opens up every spot on the roster to open competition. The kids are good.

Yep.. pulisic and Weah really support him. I do wonder what this means for Reyna in the midfield. And what this means for the lb kid who has plays in Germany. I also hope Gregg opens up every spot on the roster to open competition. The kids are good.

Yeah- let's hope with Greg coming back... the same Reyna we saw tonight is the Reyna we get with him and the BS is put to bed.

It's nice seeing Turner get some boot into his service and no more hitting it with the sand wedge right into a counter attack.

This might be the worst Mexico team I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. US is bigger, faster and more skilled. Even their poophousery is weak sauce. What happened to them?

They really haven't done as good a job with their youth development. Although it's also clear just how much the U.S. has improved talent wise and athleticism wise while Mexico stands pat.

Welcome Balogun to the usmnt… that was amazing to see a striker to track back and take the ball away like that. Wow

Hope he gets to put one in the back of the net and really get a piece of El Tri

Welcome Balogun to the usmnt… that was amazing to see a striker to track back and take the ball away like that. Wow
And what a cheap shot he took for his effort! Welcome to Concacaf and especially Mexico.

Mexico has succeeded in completely taking the usmnt out of their rhythm. Not sure ldt was the move there.

And Pepe scores on his first touch. Can’t make this up. Mexico is just bad

When Aaronson is the 3rd guy off the bench in 3-0 game in the super clasico…. Missing your captain. What a time to be a usmnt fan.

Dest was awesome tonight. Team will miss him in the final.
Mexico and their fans are staying classy as usual.

Dest was awesome tonight. Team will miss him in the final.
Mexico and their fans are staying classy as usual.
We lost two starters and I’m still pretty confident we beat Canada.

Ref not giving the red on the hit to Reyna started this. could have stopped it then. he let the rest happen.
Yep… downhill from there. Will be nice to not have to go through this nonsense for qualifying. It’s too bad Mexico auto qualifies also… they would not survive the hex

Soccer has some weird takes on in game discipline.

A guy goes out of control and clocks a dude with a shoulder with no attempt to really play the ball or make a safe play. Thats a no call.

Multiple out right tackling is just a common foul.

I mean in football if you were to take a guy down from behind with a jersey grab you get more penalty than soccer does.

Then 1 ref tries to control stuff by throwing red cards around. I get tossing guys, but there is a big difference between getting tossed for dangerous play and for guys pushing where a push to the chest is just accepted behavior but if it slips up to the throat is basically a 2 game deal. Mexico had multiple guys throw punches and while the US needs to be better with walking away I'm not sure just standing there and taking it is also the only way to handle it if the other team is going to take it up a notch.

Seems like a middle ground needs to happen. Some of this maybe use hockey rules. You sit for 5-10 min instead of ejection. you do a better job of controlling your temper and maybe its 11 on 9 for a time and players would think twice about some of the stupid stuff.

USSF hires a search firm to get the guy they already had. The benefit of GGG returning is showing fans how bad of an org they are.