2024 bowl projections thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 bowl projections thread

However many wins it takes for us to start using the transfer portal is what I want...
That's prolly more about how many losses, my friend.

Reactions: gbo
These people are morons. I don’t usually crap on national writers or recruiting rankings. But in this case, some of the season predictions make no sense. Worse than last year or about the same with the massive talent upgrade. Uh….. ok.
I suspect they are handicapping the coaching staff due to experience. The schedule and talent upgrade are undeniable, so that's the only thing I can think of. Outside of McCord getting injured, anything less than an 8 win season would be a major, major disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

Yup, and Dino would still be here and we'd be convinced that we were on the right track!
Funny how a couple of breaks could have changed the narrative.
But, knowing what we have now, maybe it's okay that things worked out like they did.
Fate is a funny thing.

I normally like these things no matter how far in advance they are done but leaving us out of a bowl is just laziness. I doubt McMurphy even looked at our schedule.

We’re in a weird era, where checking the opinions and predictions of national writers is pointless - the folks who are worth paying attention to aren’t there. I’ve seen LeBatard explain why that’s happening - the most talented folks do better if they break away from major media sites. Anyway, guys like Josh Pate are big on Syracuse and thinks the Orange are an ACC dark horse. Honestly, how many guys (who have made really good predictions in the past) are big on ‘Cuse this year is causing me to be unrealistically optimistic going into the season

If we are just a solid team 10 wins is there for the taking. Once we see how GT and Stan go we will have a better on how serious we can be.

5-2 at home, beat UNLV and fine 1 win away at BC/Pitt/Cal and thats 7

6-1 at home, beat UNLV and find 1 win away at BC/Pitt/Cal and thats 8

7-0 at home, beat UNLV and find 2 of BC/Pitt/Cal and thats 10.

If we have a QB/oline still standing when we get to Pitt and its all doable.

Nc st/VT/Miami are hardly Clemson of old

It's all on health. If we can stay even reasonably healthy on the line and at QB, 10 wins is not unrealistic. Considering we had neither last year and made a bowl with a much harder schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom