2024 bowl projections thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 bowl projections thread

I'm not ready to make predictions. Every team in the ACC has upgraded themselves with the transfer portal and there are many unknowns the way I see it. I will be happy if our coaching works out better than previous and our team is capable of eliminating most of our past mistakes. We appear to have better talent now and hopefully it will show up in the wins. GO ORANGE !!!!!!!!!

I'm not ready to make predictions. Every team in the ACC has upgraded themselves with the transfer portal and there are many unknowns the way I see it. I will be happy if our coaching works out better than previous and our team is capable of eliminating most of our past mistakes. We appear to have better talent now and hopefully it will show up in the wins. GO ORANGE !!!!
I think our enhanced depth will be a huge plus this year!

GT VT NCS MIAMI Have all been picked by various outlets as contenders to make the ACC championship game. Cal is going to be good. BC is going to be improved. Nevada has a talented team. I see these 7 games as all being winnable if we Stay healthy but none of the are locks. This team on paper does have a chance to run the table or finish at 500. Everything is new which I believe is good. Personally I think we are going to have a great year but it's not going to be a layup.

GT VT NCS MIAMI Have all been picked by various outlets as contenders to make the ACC championship game. Cal is going to be good. BC is going to be improved. Nevada has a talented team. I see these 7 games as all being winnable if we Stay healthy but none of the are locks. This team on paper does have a chance to run the table or finish at 500. Everything is new which I believe is good. Personally I think we are going to have a great year but it's not going to be a layup.

Agree, I see all these people saying that this schedule is so easy

Well sure it was in previous years but as you said…

Georgia Tech, not a rollover anymore
Virginia Texh, they’ve rebounded and are on the rise and could be dangerous
BC, with Obrien as the new HC and Castellanos, they could be sneaky good
Miami, they think they are a natty contender and brought in a ton of solid pieces
NC State, is a legit top 25 team this season

That’s 5 games right there that could very easily be L’s for cuse

UNLV at UNLV is going to be tough, whether we want to admit it

Cal at Cal is also going to be tough. The travel alone puts us at a huge disadvantage

That could be potentially 7 losses right there.

I think we need to pump the brakes a bit here and remember we have a BRAND NEW HC who is going to be learning on the fly. I expect him to be a very good coach but there are simply things you can’t prepare for until you’ve been a HC before.

It’s also cool because all 7 of those potential losses could also be wins too.

Should be an exciting season

Agree, I see all these people saying that this schedule is so easy

Well sure it was in previous years but as you said…

Georgia Tech, not a rollover anymore
Virginia Texh, they’ve rebounded and are on the rise and could be dangerous
BC, with Obrien as the new HC and Castellanos, they could be sneaky good
Miami, they think they are a natty contender and brought in a ton of solid pieces
NC State, is a legit top 25 team this season

That’s 5 games right there that could very easily be L’s for cuse

UNLV at UNLV is going to be tough, whether we want to admit it

Cal at Cal is also going to be tough. The travel alone puts us at a huge disadvantage

That could be potentially 7 losses right there.

I think we need to pump the brakes a bit here and remember we have a BRAND NEW HC who is going to be learning on the fly. I expect him to be a very good coach but there are simply things you can’t prepare for until you’ve been a HC before.

It’s also cool because all 7 of those potential losses could also be wins too.

Should be an exciting season
Yeah no I cut the break lines.

Miami comes up with new ways to lose every season. Maybe SU can be the brain fart game for the 'Canes.

They have Pitt in the Holiday Bowl and no bowl for us? What?
Pitt continues to get much more respect than us nationally and in the ACC as they have done better than us in the Win / Loss column. I believe part of that is that we were in the Atlantic and they were in the easier Coastal division but they still have been beating us head to head for the last several years until last year. If we want respect, which I know we do, we have to pack the dome, support the team as a fan base, and most importantly WIN!

Pitt continues to get much more respect than us nationally and in the ACC as they have done better than us in the Win / Loss column. I believe part of that is that we were in the Atlantic and they were in the easier Coastal division but they still have been beating us head to head for the last several years until last year. If we want respect, which I know we do, we have to pack the dome, support the team as a fan base, and most importantly WIN!
It is imperative we make it 2 in row vs. these guys!

True but what did they do off-season to warrant a Holiday Bowl pick??! Maybe Fenway?

ESPN dudes:

Bonagura: Armed Forces Bowl vs Tulane
Schlabach: Gasparilla Bowl vs South Carolina

IMG_1308.jpeg

This is what I ranked the degree pf difficulty for our ACC schedule:
1 Miami
2 Georgia Tech (done)
3 @ BC
4 @ Cal
5 @ Pitt
6 @ NC State
7 Virginia Tech
8 Stanford

I expect SU to lose 1, 3 and 4 and finish 9-3 this season. But 3 and 4 are very close to the toss-up. If we get lucky, we can pass BC and Cal and finish 11-1. There is a chance we can become ACC No. 2 and get a playoff bid in that case.

Last edited:
This is what I ranked the degree pf difficulty for our ACC schedule:
1 Miami
2 Georgia Tech (done)
3 @ BC
4 @ Cal
5 @ Pitt
6 @ NC State
7 Virginia Tech
8 Stanford

I expect SU to lose 1, 3 and 4 and finish 9-3 this season. But 3 and 4 are very close to the toss-up. If we get lucky, we can pass BC and Cal and finish 11-1. There is a chance we can become ACC No. 2 and get a playoff bid in that case.
I think three through seven is hard to distinguish because some have played easier schedules and others have played poorly though expected to be better. The good news is, I don’t think any of those teams have a better offense than Georgia Tech.