2024 MLB Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 MLB Season

The Phillies have one of Major League Baseball’s BIGGEST fans ……….. and he stuck around to see the Phils win in the bottom of the 10th!!

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Ohtani are you kidding me? Anyone watch his game today? 6 for 6. Three homer's, two doubles and two stolen bases. And, oh yes, 10 rbi's.

First player with a 50/50. How many records did he set or break today. Just amazing.

I'm a huge Judge fan but I have to think Ohtani might be having a better season. Obviously, up for discussion.

Ohtani are you kidding me? Anyone watch his game today? 6 for 6. Three homer's, two doubles and two stolen bases. And, oh yes, 10 rbi's.

First player with a 50/50. How many records did he set or break today. Just amazing.

I'm a huge Judge fan but I have to think Ohtani might be having a better season. Obviously, up for discussion.
Holy jeez!
Detroit just caught the Twins for the last AL wild card spot. Mariners 2 back with 9 games remaining.

Holy jeez!
Detroit just caught the Twins for the last AL wild card spot. Mariners 2 back with 9 games remaining.
Reviewing the box score for the 2nd time, I see Ohtani had 8 ribbies with two outs. You would have thought the Marlins would have pitched around him.

Good luck to your Mariners but I think all the baseball world would love a NY/LA World Series. Judge vs Ohtani. Hopefully the baseball gods can do something about it.

Last edited:

He must be the first DH with 50 steals.

Its still amazing to me he can have an injury that would prevent him pitching but not prevent him from hitting 50HR.

He must be the first DH with 50 steals.

Its still amazing to me he can have an injury that would prevent him pitching but not prevent him from hitting 50HR.
Babe Ruth was a heckuva pitcher who eventually devoted his career to hitting. Will Ohtahni get asked to give up pitching to devote to hitting?

Would it be impolitic of me to mention that Ohtani is on my SU fantasy team?

He gave me a great week today...

I think he clinched the win for you today.

I can't see me catching you in any of the 6 offensive categories, and all you need is 6 points as you have the tiebreaker.

I think he clinched the win for you today.

I can't see me catching you in any of the 6 offensive categories, and all you need is 6 points as you have the tiebreaker.
Don't know if I've ever had 18 RBI's in the same day.

Think I've got something like 5 pitchers going on Sat. Might just bench 'em all if I'm still doing well in ERA and WHIP after tomorrow, unless you have a mighty offensive day.

Don't know if I've ever had 18 RBI's in the same day.

Think I've got something like 5 pitchers going on Sat. Might just bench 'em all if I'm still doing well in ERA and WHIP after tomorrow, unless you have a mighty offensive day.

That would seem to be the wise play to clinch the win those categories are locks for you -- I can't catch up those stats.

You can probably start making moves to line up pitchers for early next week.

Ohtani is an alien -- but IMO (and still games to go), Acuna had a better MVP season, just last year. The DH only just still bugs me. I know he's injured so he can't play the field... but it matters.

50/50 is insane because if you can hit 50 homeruns, you usually aren't swiping bags (only a few guys even come to mind who could).

Clear cut MVP, but I would take 2023 Acuna's year over 2024 Ohtani's.

Haven’t been into baseball much since the Red Sox have declined.

But my question is, does Ohtani get 50 steals without the pitch clock?

Same link as noted above, I came across it about a month ago. Some interesting stuff on the impact of the 2023 rule changes (Pitch Clock, Defensive Shift Widening the Bags a few inches, 3 Batter Minimum Rules)

Overall the 2023 Rule Changes, have done the following comparing 2022 vs 2024.
1) dramatically reduced game speeds,
2) dramatically increased stolen bases,
3) have had a small positive impact on run production, but none of it is attributable to increased hitting production. (AVG, OPS, Walk Rate all the same

Following up on #3 above, Runs are up by 3.0%... but AVG is the exact same, and OPS is only up 0.8%. That likely means the extra runs come from the 47% increase in stolen bases, at a higher success % as well.

It doesn't appear the pitch clock or the defensive shift rules, has helped or hindered either party (the pitcher or batter) in the one on one confrontation at the plate. AVG, OPS, Walk Rate and K-Rate are basically the exact same in 2022 vs 2024.

Some particulars.

Time of Game:
2022 - 3:03
2024 - 2:36
27 minutes a game shaved is a major win for me, and enough for me to like the rule changes

3:30 + Games
2022 - 10.5%
2024 - 0.3%
Thank You!

Steals per Game
2022 - 0.51
2024 - 0.75 (up 47%)

Stolen Base %
2022 - 75.4%
2024 - 79.0%

Runs Per Game
2022 - 4.28
2024 - 4.41

Batting Avg / OPS
2022 - .243/.706
2024 - .243.712
I assume an expectation of changing the shift rules was that Batting Avg would go up but it hasn't.

Walks per Game / K's Per Game
2022 - 3.06 / 8.40
2024 - 3.07 / 8.47

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online