2024 MLB Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 MLB Season

Over It Ugh GIF

And the rest...

Expanding rosters and Mondays off after doubleheader should do it. I would probably look to Saturdays instead.
Sundays are always a travel day for at least 50% of the teams. Hard to travel after 2 games. I think the Saturdays would work. Also, now with the ghost runner in extra innings, the chances of marathon games is substantially decreased.
Also, the games are done more quickly with the pitch count and pitching change rules.
The combination make the doubleheader less daunting.

Julio went 4 for 4 last night and Raleigh homered from both sides of the plate. Today it's the nice put out -
No jinx

The odd stat of the day that came up in the Jays broadcast.

Ernie Clement was has hit only 6 HR's this year (in 176 AB's) has:
1) The HR with the highest pitch (above the plate this year in ALL of MLB
2) The HR with the 2nd lowest pitch above the plate this year in ALL of MLB.

Clement is a high contact guy - doesn't walk or strikeout much. (3 walks in 176 AB)
He can swing at and basically hit any pitch - unfortunately that doesn't make him a great hitter because it leads to a lot of weak contact.

If the season ended yesterday playoff matchups:
#3 Seattle vs. #6 Boston
#4 Yankees vs. #5 Minnesota
#1 Cleveland, #2 Baltimore byes

#3 Milwaukee vs. #6 Mets
#4 Atlanta vs. #5 St. Louis
#1 Philadelphia, #2 LA Dodgers byes

You guys will have to let me know how the HR derby goes because that rendition of the Star Spangled Banner just broke every screen and window in my house.

Perhaps the worst rendition I have ever heard of the SSB by a singer of at least some note (I think of some note anyway, based on the grammy nominations, never heard of her)

Have heard some really bad renditions of O Canada over the years - one of the most memorable was some guy in Vegas singing O Canada, and midway through he started singing it to the tune of O Christmas Tree.

Last edited:
First ever major sport national anthem to lead to a rehab assignment.

I hope she is successful in getting the help that she needs and overcoming her issues.
Her rendition was better than Carl Lewis NBA All Star performance.

Looks like her agent is doing some quick PR work. On the positive side, now millions of people (like myself) will have heard of her for the first time after last night’s debacle.
One of the responses to that tweet was "Rehab isn't supposed to be fun!"

C'mon - how can you read that and think she was serious? :rolleyes:

Can you please go back to players wearing their own uniforms instead of these dumbass uniforms. Makes the fan experience so much better as well.

Nobody is seeing this, and saying damn I need to go to mlb.com and buy some of this crap.

I'm watching on about 10 minute delay, but they just said if you want to know which teams these guys play on you can look at the caps -- the AL Caps (or is it the NL) is impossible to make out what is on the hats. The NL at least you can -- but good luck with that when you are not given a zoom camera view.

You can probably find the thread on last year's ASG and I probably whined about the same uniform crap.

One of the responses to that tweet was "Rehab isn't supposed to be fun!"

C'mon - how can you read that and think she was serious? :rolleyes:

If I had to go somewhere which I know would not be easy or fun, I would probably sarcastically comment "Well this is going to be fun" as sort of a way of dealing with the uncomfortable situation.

Could certainly be PR too, and she is going nowhere as well.

Last edited:
He's amphibious!

I wonder if they will just have him focus on one side (I assume he has a better side or potential with one side) once he joins their system later this month.
Pitching development to take it to the next level is difficult -- making it doubly hard if he wants to do it from both sides.

Like most hitter/pitchers they just focus on the best one (Hunter Greene) -- the big exception being Shohei but he developed as a professional in Japan.

Can you please go back to players wearing their own uniforms instead of these dumbass uniforms. Makes the fan experience so much better as well.

Nobody is seeing this, and saying damn I need to go to mlb.com and buy some of this crap.
I wonder how much $ they make from sales of these stupid things. Cousin Sal from the Kimmel show has a podcast "Against All Odds" and suggested that whatever they do make off those things which can't be that much could fans just pay a small surcharge on each ticket to offset that and just go with the actual uniforms with an All Star patch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom