2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

1722523095637.jpeg

LT (weatherspoon) LG (Bradford) C (Reed) RG (Petry) RT (Washington)

Interesting! I hear Fran mention mark petry often in regards to leadership, effort etc. I think he is going to stick as starter there. Clearly Fran wants the mountains at tackle with big spoon and Washington both 6’-7” / 6’-8”. I think no one is take reeds center spot. Man that must be tough to be E Cruz and lose your tackle spot after starting - but the cream rises. The depth on OL is insanity compared to our past. We can bring in miller from UGA, E Cruz with a bunch of starts, wohlabaugh with a solid past at UK, Ilao also has experience…. I mean sheesh. This is what Fran’s done in such short time, completely stocked the cupboard at OL in comparison to our past. This is HUGE, as we all know.

Interesting! I hear Fran mention mark petry often in regards to leadership, effort etc. I think he is going to stick as starter there. Clearly Fran wants the mountains at tackle with big spoon and Washington both 6’-7” / 6’-8”. I think no one is take reeds center spot. Man that must be tough to be E Cruz and lose your tackle spot after starting - but the cream rises. The depth on OL is insanity compared to our past. We can bring in miller from UGA, E Cruz with a bunch of starts, wohlabaugh with a solid past at UK, Ilao also has experience…. I mean sheesh. This is what Fran’s done in such short time, completely stocked the cupboard at OL in comparison to our past. This is HUGE, as we all know.
Its one rep so hard to know exactly what that lineup means. But yes the depth should certainly be there this season.

Last edited:
in 2023 our defense had 22 turnovers, tied for 3rd in the country?!? I didn't know that stat and certainly would not have guessed at it. Interesting.

Also, Robinson said of his defense in the spring. "We're gonna make sure that it's simple where they can play fast, be in a four down-down front and get out there and do multiple things. We want to be an aggressive unit. We don't want to sit back and fish. We want to hunt."

I absolutely love that comment and happy to hear it! Makes me think the spring game first team defense that didn't look great was mostly because of the defensive play calling was very conservative and not aggressive scheme wise. Good news for the defense but maybe we want to temper the offensive expectations slightly? Nah... thats no fun!

Maybe now that Washington is here we want to see what he can do at RT and since we know a lot about Cruz at LT we want to get Spoon some reps at LT weather that is possibly starter or just back-up snaps. I assume he was mostly taking snaps at RT in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom