2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

No news hopefully means no *njur*es.
But really, anybody got anything?
Who's up? Who's down? Who's crushing it? Who's emerging?
C'mon boots on the ground people...dish.

Every defence is different, but when I played my defence played a lot of Match/ Shapes coverage and Hybrid Zone/ Man.

We’d often leave the Boundary CB in man and play zone match to the field. Or in full match coverage the boundary CB would play “cut to carry” where he was effectively in Man without over the top help if the receiver ran a deep route outside the numbers.

Of course there would be complicated rules for things like crossers and we always had a stud boundary CB that allowed us to do this.

I’m sure we won’t get this level of granularity from Fran or Robinson before the season, and I’m happy to hear insights to the contrary from any of our numerous football savvy posters.
sutomcat you have the basic understanding down but steve said it right. Every team flip their corners for different reasons, Its based on your scheme and what you are trying to take away. Most throws are to the boundary. They are easier throws so some coaches like to put their best cover corner there. Some coaches want their best tackler on the boundary. Some want their best cover guy following the opponents best wr no matter what side of the field he's on.

chris cornell 90s GIF

SPOONMAN!

Might shape up to be the most underrated add of the offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom