2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

As I recall, Robinson offered the OC position to another assistant on the Broncos staff. I think it was the QB coach ( who at the time I think was Gary Kubiak ) but I could be wrong. Whoever it was turned it down and Pariani was a fallback option. Robinson never had a plan in place for assistants and ended up putting together a staff that rivaled the Dodgeball team that Vince Vaughn put together. What a dark time in an Orange fan's life it was.

Although in hindsight, it was kind of funny watching him start running option plays by about game 3. It was his McF***it moment.

Oh, and that Dodgeball team won the Vegas International Open. Thanks to some excellent officiating, a pep talk by Lance Armstrong, and a yes vote by Chuck Norris.

It may be a case of practicing and implementing the full catalogue of fronts, blitzes, and coverages during fall camp. Then on a weekly basis based on self scout and opponent scouting, choosing a more limited selection of those options for plays to signal in and plays to check to.

So fall camp might be as “complex” as the defence is going to be. No team ever really has their “full playbook” on the menu for a given opponent.

But, as is often the case, I could be wrong.
Hope so, complex and college dont work. NFL coaches usually dont translate well.
This was my first thought as well about both the offense and defense after listening to a couple of the player interviews. Let's just hope it doesn't take a half a season to figure out. Players need to be able to play without thinking.
i have been watching Nebraska bring in NFL coaches with failure as its Complex. Tony White has come in and done a great job making things simple, we shall see

As I recall, Robinson offered the OC position to another assistant on the Broncos staff. I think it was the QB coach ( who at the time I think was Gary Kubiak ) but I could be wrong. Whoever it was turned it down and Pariani was a fallback option. Robinson never had a plan in place for assistants and ended up putting together a staff that rivaled the Dodgeball team that Vince Vaughn put together. What a dark time in an Orange fan's life it was.
This is correct.

Kubiak was the Bronco OC and QB coach from 1995-2005. He would become the HC for the Houston Texans in 2006.

The plan was to hire Kubiak as the OC at Syracuse. I think that is partly how GRob was able to convince Dr Gross to hire him.

But Gary wisely choose to stay in Denver.

I am pretty sure even if Gary had come to Syracuse with GRob, the GRob era would not have been a good one.

Maybe this happened in a parallel universe somewhere and in that universe, Syracuse is a power in the Big Ten, GRob is in the college football hall of fame, Kubiak is still the HC and Dr Gross is the AD at USC.

I think not.

Even if there are 20 million parallel universes, I do not believe the hire of GRob as the Syracuse HC would be successful in any of them. That said, he was a nice man and my condolences to his friends and family on his too early passing.

I don't believe Brian had ever been an offensive coordinator.

The offense he chose to implement was particularly badly suited to the personnel he inherited.

And he was extremely bady suited to the job of offensive coordinator.

The GRob era of Syracuse football was an unmitigated and historic disaster. Arguably the worst hire in the history in recorded history. I believe it is studied in business schools as a case study in what not to do.

But of all the awful sub-decisions Daryl Gross and Greg Robinson made, the decision to hire Brian Pariani as the offensive coordinator was probably the worst.

In my opinion. I could be wrong. But I am pretty sure I am not.
You are correct sir

This is correct.

Kubiak was the Bronco OC and QB coach from 1995-2005. He would become the HC for the Houston Texans in 2006.

The plan was to hire Kubiak as the OC at Syracuse. I think that is partly how GRob was able to convince Dr Gross to hire him.

But Gary wisely choose to stay in Denver.

I am pretty sure even if Gary had come to Syracuse with GRob, the GRob era would not have been a good one.

Maybe this happened in a parallel universe somewhere and in that universe, Syracuse is a power in the Big Ten, GRob is in the college football hall of fame, Kubiak is still the HC and Dr Gross is the AD at USC.

I think not.

Even if there are 20 million parallel universes, I do not believe the hire of GRob as the Syracuse HC would be successful in any of them. That said, he was a nice man and my condolences to his friends and family on his too early passing.
I've posted this before, but I was close to the Broncos at that time. My business Mentor Pete R was the former GM of the Eagles and great friends with Dick, so we had access to pretty much all of the practices and were on the field for most home games. As an FYI Pete was also an All Pro with the eagles before moving onto a great business career. Anyway, I knew that Greg wasn't going to be a good fit. I didn't know he would end up being as bad as he was.

In the small snippet previews of the All-Access show, it's looking like Emanuel Ross is going to be a stud. Very excited to see what impact he can make as a Freshman
He’s a big freshman wideout and is currently excited to make a difference on special teams. He’ll get an opportunity this year on O.

In the small snippet previews of the All-Access show, it's looking like Emanuel Ross is going to be a stud. Very excited to see what impact he can make as a Freshman
Ross and Willis are moving in lock, stock, and barrel. They’re gonna be in the pool, they’re gonna be in the clubhouse, and they’re gonna be all over that shuffle board court.

Expect both of them to be big contributors and difference makers this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom