2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Either I'm not paying close enough attention (not sure how it would be possible to pay more attention than I am) or there hasn't been much said about Vallari. Anyone know if he's expected to have much of a role this season? Has the level of talent increased so much that he's getting lost in the mix?

Villari has a minor injury if I am not mistaken

Interesting tidbit that I continue to see in these practice videos, Fran has a com headset on, and seem like most position coaches have the same.

I wonder if this is to streamline communication channels between reps and positions.

And then i begin to ask myself, as someone who is still a bit concerned over Frans gameday capibilities, that wouldn'tit make sense to practice communication stratigies before the first game? I mean...with all the new coaches, and team players, wouldn't you want to be detailed enough to practice / trial communication plans well before the first game?

Again, could be something, could be nothing, but this is the first time I have ever seen coaches with that type of headgear running around practice.

That would be because this is the first year they can use in helmet communication devices.

NCAA approved it during the offseason.

The era of signals on the sidelines for college football are done

Interesting tidbit that I continue to see in these practice videos, Fran has a com headset on, and seem like most position coaches have the same.

I wonder if this is to streamline communication channels between reps and positions.

And then i begin to ask myself, as someone who is still a bit concerned over Frans gameday capibilities, that wouldn'tit make sense to practice communication stratigies before the first game? I mean...with all the new coaches, and team players, wouldn't you want to be detailed enough to practice / trial communication plans well before the first game?

Again, could be something, could be nothing, but this is the first time I have ever seen coaches with that type of headgear running around practice.

Isn’t wearing the headsets in practice working out the trial communication strategies and plans well before the first game?

That would be because this is the first year they can use in helmet communication devices.

I dont think they are done.. only the QB gets the headset, the rest still need to get things sent in.

This will take electronic warfare to a new level. Frequency hopping, signal jamming… oh lord.

Pretty soon fans will be transmitting an “electronic attack” when the other team’s qb is on the field… and dialing in unscripted plays.

Good thing we have several local companies who excel in this field.

Miles was a late addition to the class I believe? Perhaps not true. Crazy that someone that big and strong was sitting there late
Committed to Syracuse February 19 according to this article:

He had a pretty good offer list, "Boston College, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers, West Virginia and others"

Kind of feels like he was waiting out for a better offer. He definitely has the faith thing going, so maybe Fran Brown came with the angle that mattered instead of talking about only playing time and NIL.

This will take electronic warfare to a new level. Frequency hopping, signal jamming… oh lord.

Pretty soon fans will be transmitting an “electronic attack” when the other team’s qb is on the field… and dialing in unscripted plays.

Good thing we have several local companies who excel in this field.

Keep an eye out for a mustachioed man in the stands holding a jammer. He goes by "Stallions".

One thing I’d disagree with is corner, I think this might be the weakest unit. Lots of dudes, but we’ll see who emerges.
Unfortunately, I agree. Also from the limited clips I’ve seen, it seems like it’s the group that has drawn the ire of HCFB the most - however this might be because it’s the position he played and coached.

Hoping Grant emerges as a solid #1 and Barnes is a quick study - he certainly has the size and athleticism.

Unfortunately, I agree. Also from the limited clips I’ve seen, it seems like it’s the group that has drawn the ire of HCFB the most - however this might be because it’s the position he played and coached.

Hoping Grant emerges as a solid #1 and Barnes is a quick study - he certainly has the size and athleticism.
From what I’ve heard is Bellamy is already the 1 for sure now there looking to see who’s gonna lineup across from him

An owee? *ducks for cover*

dirty-mouth.gif

Good stuff here. I haven’t watched this show before.

One thing I’d disagree with is corner, I think this might be the weakest unit. Lots of dudes, but we’ll see who emerges.
It's too bad Tommy is moving on. I think he's done a nice job at covering SU sports and building that podcast. Ashley seems great though and can hopefully keep it rolling.

Totally agree. That and D Line. Seems like the defense have been beat on by the O since the new regime took over. Saw it in the spring game too. Hopefully that just means we’re an offensive juggernaut!

I can’t repeat it enough, but how great is the unfettered access we all a sudden have to coaches and players. This is what we’ve been clamoring about for years. Before it was the football season ended in Nov/Dec and then you don’t hear more than coach talk from the head man until game 1. I’ve said it countless times, but how do you expect community buy-in if you have no idea what’s happening with the program? I love that Fran not only trusts his assistance coaches to speak to the media, but the players as well, and it’s doesn’t seem like they are directed at what they can or cannot say. It lets you feel like you’re actually getting to know the team, which ultimately should increase community support, especially if we can win at the level Fran’s shooting for. After 8 years of being locked out, and only handed coach speak at the best of times, lies at the worst. Now we have this. Personally, I feel this is exactly how a program should be ran. No insecurities that someone may be stealing some minor detail. I know it does for me, but overall i think this will buy a lot of good will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom