2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Interesting. Love hearing that Xavier Miles is doing well. Having good massive DT options in the center of the D is necessary. Sounds like Watson and Xavier will definitely be playing a fair share of snaps. Thought it was interesting when talking about Spoon at Tackle that he was able to drop the weight (30 lbs) to play there. Then followed that up with something like Cruz is "the man" there. Sounds to me that Cruz will be the likely starting LT. Also said that Miller wants to play there as well.

Jakhari "has a legitimate chance of being that guy." Fascinating. Maybe Syracuse.com posted that article on the backup QB a little too soon?

Time will tell. One good scrimmage does not a backup QB make. Let's see if he can put it together throughout camp

Jakhari "has a legitimate chance of being that guy." Fascinating. Maybe Syracuse.com posted that article on the backup QB a little too soon?

Time will tell. One good scrimmage does not a backup QB make. Let's see if he can put it together throughout camp
Very interesting and great news if true. We want Jakhari to take that spot this year, that would be excellent news and would solidify our QB situation going forward. But, I have a hard time seeing him beat the experience of MJ jr. Overall, it’s exactly what we want, our hopeful future QB star truly battling for backup as a true frosh.

Side note, does MJ jr. Have another year of eligibility? If so, very very interesting situation for next season. (Edit: I see MJ jr. Listed as a RS-SR on cuse webpage, but I could’ve sworn a poster mentioned another year of eligibility? Maybe I’m losing my mind)

Could be Fran making sure everyone stays motivated as the syracuse.com article left out Williams, but as you say time will tell.

Either I'm not paying close enough attention (not sure how it would be possible to pay more attention than I am) or there hasn't been much said about Vallari. Anyone know if he's expected to have much of a role this season? Has the level of talent increased so much that he's getting lost in the mix?

Either I'm not paying close enough attention (not sure how it would be possible to pay more attention than I am) or there hasn't been much said about Vallari. Anyone know if he's expected to have much of a role this season? Has the level of talent increased so much that he's getting lost in the mix?

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree as the focus out of camp is a number of people not named DV, but this unit is one of the best in the ACC because of what he can bring to an offense. He is a solid pass catching, YAC TE, and he will be utilized. OG is TE1 obviously, but a great option in DV if they want to run 2TE

Interesting tidbit that I continue to see in these practice videos, Fran has a com headset on, and seem like most position coaches have the same.

I wonder if this is to streamline communication channels between reps and positions.

And then i begin to ask myself, as someone who is still a bit concerned over Frans gameday capibilities, that wouldn'tit make sense to practice communication stratigies before the first game? I mean...with all the new coaches, and team players, wouldn't you want to be detailed enough to practice / trial communication plans well before the first game?

Again, could be something, could be nothing, but this is the first time I have ever seen coaches with that type of headgear running around practice.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree as the focus out of camp is a number of people not named DV, but this unit is one of the best in the ACC because of what he can bring to an offense. He is a solid pass catching, YAC TE, and he will be utilized. OG is TE1 obviously, but a great option in DV if they want to run 2TE
I guess it all depends on what sets the coaches want to run. If there’s a lot of 1 TE sets then I don’t see him getting in much over Gadsden .

I guess it all depends on what sets the coaches want to run. If there’s a lot of 1 TE sets then I don’t see him getting in much over Gadsden .
Yeah until Gadsden puts a finger in the dirt on at least half of his snaps I don't see any reason why he and Villari can't be on the field together.

In a way we all (at least the die hards) knew these things were mystifying issues. Those crazy last minute JUCO offers to kids from Cali, recruiting Hawaii, but ignoring our backyard where kids like this are more willing to stay close to home if they’re offered. Many of the Dino issues we were aware of are really coming to light with Fran in town and the comments not only by him, but the players. Wondering why they didn’t work out this hard before, got away from our programs culture, chemistry building with community service and living in the dorms. Probably worst of all a terrible evaluator and developer of talent. Thinking back its amazing we weren’t worse than we were. This sure feels like a breathe of fresh air and i’m feeling more and more confident that this will reflect on the field. I’m also willing to bet anyone an avatar pic that we don’t see nearly as many false start, or pre snap infractions that we did the last 8 years, and if we do Fran isn’t going to be ok with it. Looking back Dino probably should have been let go sooner, but maybe everything worked out perfect because i wouldn’t want anyone else leading the program right now than Fran Brown.

Interesting. Love hearing that Xavier Miles is doing well. Having good massive DT options in the center of the D is necessary. Sounds like Watson and Xavier will definitely be playing a fair share of snaps. Thought it was interesting when talking about Spoon at Tackle that he was able to drop the weight (30 lbs) to play there. Then followed that up with something like Cruz is "the man" there. Sounds to me that Cruz will be the likely starting LT. Also said that Miller wants to play there as well.
Miles was a late addition to the class I believe? Perhaps not true. Crazy that someone that big and strong was sitting there late

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom