2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Unfortunately, I agree. Also from the limited clips I’ve seen, it seems like it’s the group that has drawn the ire of HCFB the most - however this might be because it’s the position he played and coached.

Hoping Grant emerges as a solid #1 and Barnes is a quick study - he certainly has the size and athleticism.
I think Clarence Lewis is the clear cut #1 corner who will be the most dependable. A lot of names after that who can be serviceable, but we need something better than that. I’m really hoping Grant is that guy, otherwise corner is a position you can play early and be successful, as we saw first hand with Duce when you’re not counted to cover the teams #1 WR assuming we are matching up. I would think Barnes could be that guy, but my concern is he may not be physically ready to compete at this level right now. I haven’t seen him recently so i’m not sure how much size he put on. He could be the next best option if Grant isn’t that man, but with those measurable’s, and prior success have me confident he will be opposite Lewis. You also have Bellamy, who we hope he continues to develop. He was serviceable last year, but again, if we want to have the season we’re hoping for, we’re going to need more than that.

Until we know the pass rush we wont really how the corners will do.

4 DL should be a better rush without throwing so many in attack mode.
Diggs will be a good rush end, but hope we blitz backers, or move a backer up to the front on passing downs to put pressure on the QB. Would guess the star or rover position can blitz also.

Diggs will be a good rush end, but hope we blitz backers, or move a backer up to the front on passing downs to put pressure on the QB. Would guess the star or rover position can blitz also.
I am an optimist and I tried to buy in to Dino, so this probably isn't saying much. But, I have a lot of faith in our coaching staff. From coming from the BIGGEST college programs and the NFL, these guys have seen and coached a ton of football. They have absorbed from some of the best football minds of the last 20 years. And, you can tell that they are students of the game, not just HCMFFB, but all of them. I think they can not only coach football, but inspire these young, talented players to be prepared and dominate on gameday.

I have a feeling Fran will have the cbs ready. He has already called out the issues. I see that getting fixed by the first game.

Where is the WR from Col St originally from Rochester? Haven't heard much on him. Would imagine he would be a starter

I have great confidence that McCord will do very well, so don’t interpret this as a knock on him. But in the last few years, we have seen QBs like Dungey, Shrader, and even DeVito to some extent, who were totally jacked. KM looks a little softer. Doesn’t have quite the muscle tone that those guys had. Of course, he’s a different type of QB.

I think the Oline is a really interesting development at this point. Given the propensity for missed time during the course of a long football season, having 3-4 guys you like and trust for the rotation at both tackle and guard would be such a improvement over the last many years. Sounds like Spoon is winning the LT role and Savion Washington the RT, and E. Cruz said in an interview that he’s practicing at both. Would give Wohlabaugh time to hopefully fully recover, and then challenge Josh Miller for the 4th spot? This alone would be a major upgrade to our situation last year.

Where is the WR from Col St originally from Rochester? Haven't heard much on him. Would imagine he would be a starter
He has starter and in my opinion NFL potential but i guess he is behind because of some injury

I think the Oline is a really interesting development at this point. Given the propensity for missed time during the course of a long football season, having 3-4 guys you like and trust for the rotation at both tackle and guard would be such a improvement over the last many years. Sounds like Spoon is winning the LT role and Savion Washington the RT, and E. Cruz said in an interview that he’s practicing at both. Would give Wohlabaugh time to hopefully fully recover, and then challenge Josh Miller for the 4th spot? This alone would be a major upgrade to our situation last year.
So E C will back up both tackle spots be nice to have Dave back by the Gt game

I have great confidence that McCord will do very well, so don’t interpret this as a knock on him. But in the last few years, we have seen QBs like Dungey, Shrader, and even DeVito to some extent, who were totally jacked. KM looks a little softer. Doesn’t have quite the muscle tone that those guys had. Of course, he’s a different type of QB.

I think the difference is (o-line aside) McCord seems to get the ball out quicker. Tommy was dealing with a trash line, sure, but was super indecisive and started seeing ghosts after a while.

He has starter and in my opinion NFL potential but i guess he is behind because of some injury
OK makes sense. Just seemed quiet but the injury makes sense why, he was sought after in the portal by some heavy hitters

I think the difference is (o-line aside) McCord seems to get the ball out quicker. Tommy was dealing with a trash line, sure, but was super indecisive and started seeing ghosts after a while.
Yes, I just meant that physically Kyle’s physique appears “softer” than guys like Dungey and Shrader. Dungey looked like a linebacker by the time he was done here.

I have great confidence that McCord will do very well, so don’t interpret this as a knock on him. But in the last few years, we have seen QBs like Dungey, Shrader, and even DeVito to some extent, who were totally jacked.
We've seen what happens to a throwing motion when a pasty sun-deprived kid gets jacked. Cooney anyone?

I am a bit concerned about the interior DL. Haven't heard anything about them in camp and they didn't light the world on fire in the spring. Anyone? Anything? They haven't even interviewed as far as I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom