2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

I don’t know why you immediately go he shouldn’t be blocking. He’s a TE that is going to cause issues! He needs to be able to block to do 2 things: 1) not give away everytime we are going to throw the ball 2) help his NFL prospects and show them he can be an everyday TE in the NFL.

Fran is doing what he told OG he’d do. He’s make sure he’s ready for the next level by making him an all around player.

I don’t get why you take this one clip and claim he shouldn’t be blocking.
In almost 50 plays over 10 minutes of highlights Soph O. Gadsen never played TE in a 3 point stance.
We need to maximize his talents and its not in a 3 point stance at the end of the line blocking at times. It's out wide in space.

OG should not be staying in to block. Not using his talent to its fullest.
He's really a WR, I still don't know why he was and is listed as a TE when his skills obviously are as a split end.
It’s training camp.

When it’s 3rd and 7 in a tie game against Miami with an undefeated season on the line, OG will be running a route.

It’s training camp.

When it’s 3rd and 7 in a tie game against Miami with an undefeated season on the line, OG will be running a route.
Out wide or from a 3 point stance. It matters

We have better players out wide now, so we can beat the defense at every level. Do you think a LB can cover OG?
Watch the highlights I posted and tell me that again.

In almost 50 plays over 10 minutes of highlights Soph O. Gadsen never played TE in a 3 point stance.
We need to maximize his talents and its not in a 3 point stance at the end of the line blocking at times. It's out wide in space.

Thanks coach!

Defense is gonna be tough as hell. My only worry is cornersbut Coach knows that and is why he is all over them. My thoughts on this year as I have said before is we play in acc championship and get into playoffs but lose cause we dont have the reallylock down guys that Georgia and other top guys have.

I really dont think he will block a ton. Once and a bluemoon maybe.

He's not making any money in the NFL as a blocking TE
Yeah, that’s what’s going on. It’s the part of his game that needs the most work, but he’s getting paid at the next level playing TE like Kelce and Kincaid, neither of them are looked at as primarily in line blocking TE’s. Everyone acknowledges that in a short yardage set Mang and/or Clement is/are coming in, but in a basic set he might to put his hand in the ground. He needs to not suck at blocking.

Out wide or from a 3 point stance. It matters
You are viewing this to ridgedly. Highly, highly likely they are putting him standing in the slot, 3fingers down, out of backfield some sets, running seams from off initial blocks, etc and yeah part of developing the player is working on his blocking some and will help sell the plays when he blocks for one second and then shoots up the field. Nixon will move him around to some degree. Inside the 10 OG may be split wide for jump balls from McCord.

OG should not be staying in to block. Not using his talent to its fullest.
He's really a WR, I still don't know why he was and is listed as a TE when his skills obviously are as a split end.
You're right of course.

But we're all just going to pretend he's a TE I guess.

OG needs to be able to make teams cover him with DBs and the bring the DBs in at times so we can run them over with some power sets.

or the teams bring in bigger LBs to handle the power run then he takes them out wide where they cant handle him.

I think Diggs dominates. Let’s be honest the SEC comp is a lot better than ACC and I bet he’s licking his chops with some of the teams Cuse plays and can make his draft stock rise mightily. I can’t wait to watch him
He killed that bama guy who i thought was a first round pick and played great in first year of NFL. Diggs is a stud. Watch.

I like the fact they’re playing on grass. Better for guys legs and more forgiving than turf.
I think they have usually practiced outside on grass whenever the weather has allowed it.

He's not making any money in the NFL as a blocking TE
He doesn't have to be a "blocking TE" but he will be a TE in the NFL and will be asked to block a little. Working on it and demonstrating it this year will help his pro prospects. Everyone knows he can catch the ball, and that's what his primary responsibility will be. Let's not over react to a quick preseason practice clip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom