2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Yeah it was later edited and said this is the second

Will be interesting to see who it is
Yeah it was later edited and said this is the second

Will be interesting to see who it is
If there is another injury we will probably hear about today in Fran’s press conference. Unlike Dino he is not worried of keeping every detail secret.

Had my die hard OSU friend tell me today that Kyle would have been 3rd string for them this year.

I wanted strangle him through the phone.

Can’t wait for him to prove the doubters wrong

I’m not saying this bc we got McCord, I cannot believe that they think Will Howard is some sort of god at QB. Kid is good but is up and down.

And it’s not like Air Noland (who I’m guessing they are saying is QB2) was as hyped as like Nico at Tenn.

They are stacked with talent. They should win most games by default from the kick.

But they aren’t starting Carson Beck or a young up and comer like Nico.

I’m not saying this bc we got McCord, I cannot believe that they think Will Howard is some sort of god at QB. Kid is good but is up and down.

And it’s not like Air Noland (who I’m guessing they are saying is QB2) was as hyped as like Nico at Tenn.

They are stacked with talent. They should win most games by default from the kick.

But they aren’t starting Carson Beck or a young up and comer like Nico.
Will Howard is not as good as Kyle. Also Kyle like most other players is going to take a big step forward in his second year starting. Ohio State made a knee jerk reaction and thank God they did

If there is another injury we will probably hear about today in Fran’s press conference. Unlike Dino he is not worried of keeping every detail secret.
I'm curious who it is now too. None of the injured / non-contact guys stood out to me. Don't want to speculate until we see. Ingraham was using a scooter but we already knew about that one. Just hope it's not another DL.

It sounds like they have a ton of confidence in him.

I'm hoping we have about 50-50 play calling, with McCord throwing 35 times a game.

Running the ball effectively is great, and important to winning. But it's so much fun when you have a good quarterback with good receivers and he's just slinging it.
Actual depth on both sides of the bsll will eliminate the need to limit play calling based on fear or stopping the clock... this is massive and something we have sorely lacked

Will Howard is not as good as Kyle. Also Kyle like most other players is going to take a big step forward in his second year starting. Ohio State made a knee jerk reaction and thank God they did
Well in fairness, I don’t believe they ever said KM wasn’t going to start. They just never said he was.

I expect multiple running backs to play. Nixon in an interview said he plays multiple running backs. Gone are the days of running one running back into the ground or claiming others are not ready yet because they have to block better.
Lot of folks sleeping on Jaden Hart as well... we've got 4 rb's that are 3 down backs

Well in fairness, I don’t believe they ever said KM wasn’t going to start. They just never said he was.
Yeah but if they said we are going to bring in someone to compete with you for the starting job what does that tell him. They would be telling whomever they are bringing in we are not handing the job to you but we really want a player like you, with your skillset, to win the job. They have to say something to that effect to get a really good QB to come in or else they would not transfer in. They are essentially giving the edge to the new blood. Sure they would have loved to have Kyle stay around as insurance but why would Kyle stay for that situation. He is a damn good QB who is in his last year of college and wants/needs to start. OSU should have no sour grapes about McCord leaving.

I don’t know what the QB room at OSU looked like. But I have to think any school would bring competition.

I'm curious who it is now too. None of the injured / non-contact guys stood out to me. Don't want to speculate until we see. Ingraham was using a scooter but we already knew about that one. Just hope it's not another DL.
who else was held out

For sure. Kyle is our Iceman to Will Howard's Maverick at Ohio State.

Had my die hard OSU friend tell me today that Kyle would have been 3rd string for them this year.

I wanted strangle him through the phone.

Can’t wait for him to prove the doubters wrong

They're insufferable. Especially when they don't beat Michigan.

Now with Harbaugh and 17 seniors gone, they'll assume all is right with the world.

Yes - James is FAAAAAST.

That said, he’s a true Frosh.

Pretty sure Coach Nixon’s kid will be RB3.
(Assuming LeQuint & Willis are 1 & 2)

So James would be RB4.

I could see him on ST’s, and getting some late run in blowouts.
But otherwise I’d be kinda shocked if he gets more run than that.
We are going to have to show him some love or he will end up in the portal sooner or later.

I don’t know what the QB room at OSU looked like. But I have to think any school would bring competition.
There is a difference between bringing in dudes that are redshirt freshman or sophs with good potential that maybe have not started yet or say bringing in a dude with a year and a half of starting experience and good productivity at a P5 school like they did. I know that happened after McCord had left, but I'm guessing the plan was for OSU to bring in that level of guy regardless.

Wouldn't it be great if we got a playoff game against OSU.

Last edited:
Just my two cents but i think its Johnson as number two which leads me to believe that Carlos will most likely transfer.

Transfer when? He's kinda stuck here for this year, right? And a lot can happen. He may end up playing.

And Johnson getting a 7th year and coming back isn't something that's guaranteed.

Transfer when? He's kinda stuck here for this year, right? And a lot can happen. He may end up playing.

And Johnson getting a 7th year and coming back isn't something that's guaranteed.
He also has a newborn since last year and may not be in a position where he wants to transfer. Just speculating -- sometimes folks value other things once they have their degree.

Just my two cents but i think its Johnson as number two which leads me to believe that Carlos will most likely transfer.

it sure sounds like Johnson is 2 and Williams pushing for 3. Not sure what options are out there for Carlos, maybe he backs himself to battle for the starting spot next year OR he just rides it out and gets a free quality education.

So all we know is a second player is now out for the year and they were good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom