2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Guys noted on the bike, not practicing over the past week or two

JRS - Fran explicitly said he would be back shortly
David W - On a rep count, so could be scheduled
Marcus Washington DB
Hornsby WR
Moeolo OL
Don’t know the detail of JRS injury (If there is one), but if we expect him to compete he needs to start practicing asap. I knew there was someone missing on my offensive assessment. This kid as the 3rd receiving option would be a problem. Then we can have the Pena/Meeks/Hatcher/Villari/Gill types as depth options as the 4th receiver who should be able to combine for 5 catches each game. Lot of offensive weapons, but he would be key. Let’s hope for an update he starts playing soon.

Don’t know the detail of JRS injury (If there is one), but if we expect him to compete he needs to start practicing asap. I knew there was someone missing on my offensive assessment. This kid as the 3rd receiving option would be a problem. Then we can have the Pena/Meeks/Hatcher/Villari/Gill types as depth options as the 4th receiver who should be able to combine for 5 catches each game. Lot of offensive weapons, but he would be key. Let’s hope for an update he starts playing soon.
According to Axe, JRS practiced yesterday.

He practiced yesterday so he’s going to be behind

Don’t sleep on Pena

Pena is going to shine this season. JRS is a big strong fast kid that is tough to handle I hope that as the season progresses, he becomes part of the mix because he certainly has the physical tools.
Wondering if we see OG take a few more snaps outside instead of in the slot until JRS is more up to speed.

Wondering if we see OG take a few more snaps outside instead of in the slot until JRS is more up to speed.
you'll see OG in both. Meeks is a good slot option, as is Pena, too. There appear to be a lot more packages in Nixon's offense in terms of how he swaps in and out different sets.

OG is such a mismatch when he lines up at the end -- even if he ends up in a traditional slot route, you can't underestimate of the matchup he creates.

you'll see OG in both. Meeks is a good slot option, as is Pena, too. There appear to be a lot more packages in Nixon's offense in terms of how he swaps in and out different sets.

OG is such a mismatch when he lines up at the end -- even if he ends up in a traditional slot route, you can't underestimate of the matchup he creates.
When was the last time we had this type of talent outside? '16 when we had Amba/Erv/Brisley/Ishmael?

Pena seems to be catching a TD pass every time I see a clip.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw some football player pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Thank you Simone

Did Mullen forget Cal as a new ACC member?

They went 6-7 last year and beat Arizona St, Washington St, Stanford and UCLA., Idaho and North Texas.

Lost to Texas Tech in a bowl game.

I wonder if the dude actually applied a schedule to his selection list
Clem plays FSU and NC st and Lou So they need to run the table outside of FSU

FSU plays clem/miami which is much easier if they get past the Clemson game

If this isn’t proof that these guys just make a list based off last year standings or whoever they remember is in the conference to post for content then I don’t know what is. The obvious, forgetting Cal, who should actually be pretty good. Next obvious, placing Pitt ahead of us. would love to hear that reasoning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom