2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Florida State overrated again. Georgia Tech beats them on Saturday. You heard it here.
It really blows my mind how folks think DJU is great and have ignored his clemson era. he put up better stats at OSU but it wasn't that much better compared to his last year at clemson. He improved in his ability to avoid sacks and that's about it But he didn't all of a sudden become a substantially better quarterback. I expect the same warts that showed up at Clemson in big games will be the same at FSU. Look at what he did against Oregon and Washington to end the year.

Of all QBs last year, DJU ranked 43rd in total QB rating, four spots ahead of Garrett Shrader. Meanwhile Kyle McCord was 13th.

In big games...DJU -

QBR of 65.2 vs Oregon -- 19-35, 220 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack. 13 rushing yards on 7 carries.

Against washington, he was 15-31 for 164 with two INTs. 6 carries for 63 yards. QBR of 73.3

His best game against a ranked team was against Utah -- he went 14-25 for 204, one TD, one INT, and 6 for 18 on the ground.

Overall vs ranked teams he had a 53.9 percent completion rating, with 4 TDs and 4 INTs.

And if you look at his splits, he's a bad fourth quarter QB -- it's by far his worst period.

I get he's very talented and perhaps he finally puts it all together...but that's certainly not a sure thing.

Florida State overrated again. Georgia Tech beats them on Saturday. You heard it here.
Ironically, that would be both the best outcome and the worst outcome for the conference. Just the same, I hope Free Shoes U. goes down hard.

As every day goes by, I honestly 100% believe that the main reason why Syracuse has not had success since the Robinson era is not because the coaches cannot recruit and not because the coaches can't coach.

The real reason Syracuse has faltered is almost exclusively due to the fact that the starting QB suffers a serious injury at some point during the season. When you combine that with the bone-headed in-game decision making of Dino's first 4 years and the really unfair officiating calls during critical game junctures, you get the situation Syracuse finds itself in.

This is exactly why Syracuse is getting overlooked once again in the preseason. If McCord stays healthy, I think this is going to be a really great season. If not, all bets are off the table

As every day goes by, I honestly 100% believe that the main reason why Syracuse has not had success since the Robinson era is not because the coaches cannot recruit and not because the coaches can't coach.

The real reason Syracuse has faltered is almost exclusively due to the fact that the starting QB suffers a serious injury at some point during the season. When you combine that with the bone-headed in-game decision making of Dino's first 4 years and the really unfair officiating calls during critical game junctures, you get the situation Syracuse finds itself in.

This is exactly why Syracuse is getting overlooked once again in the preseason. If McCord stays healthy, I think this is going to be a really great season. If not, all bets are off the table
Babers had the worst luck of any coach of any SU teams I can ever remember. Mostly centered on QB and OL injuries. Of course, inability to effectively recruit depth, particularly at OL was the main culprit. QBs running for their lives tend to get hurt.

Community support will follow wins. That's just the way it will always be. CNY has a pro sports mentality. It'll never be like it is in the "State U" hot beds.
Don’t disagree and believe this is how it always is. Syracuse doesn’t have a big enough school to generate PSU amounts of alumni…combined with lack of results…and ultimately I think the dome is a negative for noon - 3pm games since you aren’t outside enjoying the last days of summer or the beautiful crisp fall.

But yes totally agree. If we can consistently win 8 games a year, the community will come out for the bigger games!

Just hoping for a great start next Saturday to jump start this crowd into submission for GT.

Don’t disagree and believe this is how it always is. Syracuse doesn’t have a big enough school to generate PSU amounts of alumni…combined with lack of results…and ultimately I think the dome is a negative for noon - 3pm games since you aren’t outside enjoying the last days of summer or the beautiful crisp fall.

But yes totally agree. If we can consistently win 8 games a year, the community will come out for the bigger games!

Just hoping for a great start next Saturday to jump start this crowd into submission for GT.
I hear you and hate talking about ancient history, but the casual fan simply peeled off when SU started playing poorly in the early 'aughts.

As you say - if Brown can prove the team can win they'll be drawing close to capacity nearly every game. Hell, you don't even have to go back too far to see this. Coming off the 10-3 season in 2018, SU sold out against Clemson in its first home game.

Even though they got smacked by Maryland and Clemson, they still drew more than 42,000 a game at home up until the last game of the season when they were out of bowl contention.

If an SU coach can ever have back-to-back good seasons, they'll be selling out 44,000 nearly every game.

I hear you and hate talking about ancient history, but the casual fan simply peeled off when SU started playing poorly in the early 'aughts.

As you say - if Brown can prove the team can win they'll be drawing close to capacity nearly every game. Hell, you don't even have to go back too far to see this. Coming off the 10-3 season in 2018, SU sold out against Clemson in its first home game.

Even though they got smacked by Maryland and Clemson, they still drew more than 42,000 a game at home up until the last game of the season when they were out of bowl contention.

If an SU coach can ever have back-to-back good seasons, they'll be selling out 44,000 nearly every game.
Thanks for hijacking the thread

Guys, the Dome capacity is now 42k

Have they ever announced the exact seating capacity?
I was going to say the same thing

Also need to remember total seats do not equal total capacity

If we have 42-43k seats I would imagine they are still coded up to 49k still as long as there are places for the additional people in boxes/suites or other areas so we could see 44-45k announced attendance even with 42-43k seats

Have they ever announced the exact seating capacity?

Only thing I could find was an estimate of between 42k and 43k from articles.

They used to have it right down to the number.

Only thing I could find was an estimate of between 42k and 43k from articles.

They used to have it right down to the number.
for some reason i thought 42.7k but i may have made it up because it's what i guessed in the awards thread.

Reactions: 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom