2024 Preseason Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Thread

All the good reports are fiction and the bad ones are 100% true! No matter what the reports are the Michigan fogo is arguably the best returning fogo in the nation. He outplayed the best fogos we will see this year in Wierman and Naso. It is a good challenge for Kohn and Mullen before the season starts.

Not sure anyone said that but with conflicting reports I think it's best to get as much as info as is available.

This team will be a work in progress between a completely new DC and a large influx of players from the portal on field chemistry is going to be something that unfortunately maybe lacking at times

Definitely will be some up and down moments for the defense. New faces, young and new scheme

Not sure anyone said that but with conflicting reports I think it's best to get as much as info as is available.
I’m just joking. Funny that we have basically two reports that face offs went well and two that they went poorly.

I’m just joking. Funny that we have basically two reports that face offs went well and two that they went poorly.

Gotcha, sorry for mixup. On faceoffs both could be true. Kohn may have struggled early and Mullen may have righted the ship a bit and then SU may have had a lot of success incr Michigan went to their #2 and 3 Fogos

Gotcha, sorry for mixup. On faceoffs both could be true. Kohn may have struggled early and Mullen may have righted the ship a bit and then SU may have had a lot of success incr Michigan went to their #2 and 3 Fogos
That would explain a lot. It is a tough draw for your first serious face off battle, but a challenge this time of year is a good thing. No Tommy Burke for UVM this year for what it’s worth

That would explain a lot. It is a tough draw for your first serious face off battle, but a challenge this time of year is a good thing. No Tommy Burke for UVM this year for what it’s worth

Yup he's at OSU now. No idea how good the replacement is but can't imagine he's anywhere near Burkes level.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying. Are you aware if Mullen was the one who had success or if SU did ultimately get to 60% or so overall? Maybe against the backups?
i dont know how faceoffs went overall i was just told kohn struggled. it was his first d1 action against a good fogo so thats not a surprise

https://twitter.com/terencefoy/status/1751671242266931516?s=46&t=QhAqAA_66MZX8ukCD1Y_ZQ

This feels like the fog of war with all these different reports lol.

Sorry, for some reason the tweet wasn’t coming through. Sounds like what we have heard is all correct, just that maybe some people have different definitions for when starters were pulled maybe?

At the very least glad we are all still a little overboard for a scrimmage on this site. Can’t say we aren’t passionate!

Sorry, for some reason the tweet wasn’t coming through. Sounds like what we have heard is all correct, just that maybe some people have different definitions for when starters were pulled maybe?

At the very least glad we are all still a little overboard for a scrimmage on this site. Can’t say we aren’t passionate!

1000%, don't know any other team trying to scope out and analyze scrimmage results, lol. Thanks and props to everyone who posted what they heard!

My only concern bout it all if true is kol being third d guy. I felt he was one of the issues for us last year. He was fine against the lower teams played but better teams struggled hard. Possible he worked his butt off and got better to earn spot and not just cause he’s captain or they didn’t wanna go too young on d to start. If that’s case good for kol for working hard to better himself and earn it.

Any word on who may of gotten hurt?

while i await further info, my one question about terry foy's info is, who was covering boehm? if it was figueiras and boehm scored 5 goals, then figureias probably did not have a good game as suggested...but if someone else covered boehm then i suppose i would wonder why fig did not get that assignment. "boehm scored 5" + "fig played well" raised an eyebrow for me...

while i await further info, my one question about terry foy's info is, who was covering boehm? if it was figueiras and boehm scored 5 goals, then figureias probably did not have a good game as suggested...but if someone else covered boehm then i suppose i would wonder why fig did not get that assignment. "boehm scored 5" + "fig played well" raised an eyebrow for me...

I had the same thought as well. I suppose that you can have a pretty good game as a defender and still have your mark score a good amount of goals. Five seems excessive but if SU did give up a bunch of EMO and fast break opportunities due to failed clears, I could see Bohem still scoring a bunch while Figurias held him in check in settled situations.

I was told Figueiras was on him and played well. He had 3G when starters were in. One on a switch. He beat FOGO and no slide and the other 2 were man up.

Never scored on Figueiras.

Our biggest issue was clearing the ball.

I was told Figueiras was on him and played well. He had 3G when starters were in. One on a switch. He beat FOGO and no slide and the other 2 were man up.

Never scored on Figueiras.

Our biggest issue was clearing the ball.

Thanks DMV, good to hear

My only concern bout it all if true is kol being third d guy. I felt he was one of the issues for us last year. He was fine against the lower teams played but better teams struggled hard. Possible he worked his butt off and got better to earn spot and not just cause he’s captain or they didn’t wanna go too young on d to start. If that’s case good for kol for working hard to better himself and earn it.

Any word on who may of gotten hurt?
Kol struggled in Petro's scheme, which many have commented/suggested could be overly complicated at times. New coach, new system which may work better for him. Guess we'll see as the season goes on.

Little disappointing that clearing was an issue and that's something that Odierna is good at.

Injury news sucks, as always.

This week can't go by fast enough.

Thanks DMV, good to hear
Much too little real info to judge this team. But in my role as Debbie Downer, I suggest that performances in scrimmages correlate with season performance. Just an impression developed over the fifty years I have rooted for SU. Maybe Petro wasn't all that bad. But it is the offense that worries me. Kol has never impressed me. If he is the third close d, look out. 6 goals from the offense. Yikes. Why the optimism? In advance, I apologize for the skepticism.

We're in here talking about a scrimmage. I mean, listen, we're talking about a scrimmage. Not a game! Not a game! Not a game! We're talking about a scrimmage. We're talking about a scrimmage., man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about a scrimmage.

We're in here talking about a scrimmage. I mean, listen, we're talking about a scrimmage. Not a game! Not a game! Not a game! We're talking about a scrimmage. We're talking about a scrimmage., man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about a scrimmage.
in other news, nd struggled with utah, uva struggled with navy, umd "lost" to gtown, and umich was in the quarters in '23 while 'cuse finished around 20. real games starting up, we'll see what '24 is all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom