2024 Seating Changes | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Just an update for those picking in the next few days..I picked this afternoon, nothing really left in lower bowl from the 25 yd lines in to the 50 on su bench side. I got bumped from su bench side 8 rows up on the 37 to 8 rows up on the 28, there will be a lot more ripples as the days go on as Upperdeck has been rightfully warning..a good amount on visitor side on 40ish lower bowl, those will likely go fast now.

Plenty in 300s home and visitor from 35s in to 50s on both sides, but those too will start to move. Tons available in corners. Everyone be prepared for movement to increase in distance away from prior locations in the next week, it will grow exponentially in that time.

Good luck to everyone, I got gut wrenched hard today, plenty of others will unfortunately be getting the same. Wishing everyone left to pick the best gang, hang in there.

Even if we had not lost any seats many people were going to have to move a bit as people jumped to seats they could never get into that were held for 20-30 yrs. Removing seats just made it even worse.

Was row B taken and that’s what pushed you to row C/D or wanting to stay on the aisle? Row D is as far back in the 200s I want to go.

Row A/B were taken on the aisle

Yeah I originally was C/D/E

But didn’t want to go past D

Just an update for those picking in the next few days..I picked this afternoon, nothing really left in lower bowl from the 25 yd lines in to the 50 on su bench side. I got bumped from su bench side 8 rows up on the 37 to 8 rows up on the 28, there will be a lot more ripples as the days go on as Upperdeck has been rightfully warning..a good amount on visitor side on 40ish lower bowl, those will likely go fast now.

Plenty in 300s home and visitor from 35s in to 50s on both sides, but those too will start to move. Tons available in corners. Everyone be prepared for movement to increase in distance away from prior locations in the next week, it will grow exponentially in that time.

Good luck to everyone, I got gut wrenched hard today, plenty of others will unfortunately be getting the same. Wishing everyone left to pick the best gang, hang in there.

Yup it’s only going to get worse in the coming days….

Think we will start seeing a lot more unhappy people….

Even if we had not lost any seats many people were going to have to move a bit as people jumped to seats they could never get into that were held for 20-30 yrs. Removing seats just made it even worse.
Yep. Exact case in point, as I told one of my good su friends today, I spent almost 10k on my season tix on just the last 5 yrs alone. And bc I refused to participate in the su money grab to move up levels (I think I have spent enough myself), anyone who had seats even in $99 dollar seats last year, that one time donated barely a quarer of what I have over the last several years since oct 1, could jack me. Sucks.

Yep. Exact case in point, as I told one of my good su friends today, I spent almost 10k on my season tix on just the last 5 yrs alone. And bc I refused to participate in the su money grab to move up levels (I think I have spent enough myself), anyone who had seats even in $99 dollar seats last year, that one time donated barely a quarer of what I have over the last several years since oct 1, could jack me. Sucks.
That would suck but I'm not sure there are many of those people. If you were a 99 ticket holder with four seats...for just one year, you didnt have many points. To actually move up a number of levels, that same person has to donate probably $1,500 to $5k to really make a difference. Do we think there are that many low end ticket holders doing that AND then paying the new ticket prices.

I do encourage folks to sit on the visitor side -- been there a number of years and it's a lot of fun. We need more SU fans who will stay there and won't sell their seats. Too many infiltrators.

That would suck but I'm not sure there are many of those people. If you were a 99 ticket holder with four seats...for just one year, you didnt have many points. To actually move up a number of levels, that same person has to donate probably $1,500 to $5k to really make a difference. Do we think there are that many low end ticket holders doing that AND then paying the new ticket prices.

I do encourage folks to sit on the visitor side -- been there a number of years and it's a lot of fun. We need more SU fans who will stay there and won't sell their seats. Too many infiltrators.

I think the issue is, there is a lot of season ticket holders who worked there way to some really really good seats by upgrading over the years.

While they may not have been the biggest donors, they were reliable through thick and thin and showed up and bought tickets through everything.

Some people had season tickets in “low priority” areas because they became season ticket holders recently. Some of these people took advantage of this situation and donated some very good coin. These people likely went in the first couple weeks and have bumped some long time fans from prime spots.

It’s TBD if these people will keep their tickets after this season. If they don’t, it will be a shame. They were the bread and butter for a very long time for the university, even in the darker times.

Will these new people that have taken others seats be as reliable and stick through everything? That’s also TBD.

With that being said, with all the changes that they were making with moving the student section, losing seats etc, I’m not sure there was any other way to do other than the way that they did it. It certainly wasn’t an easy place for Syracuse University to be in…

I think the issue is, there is a lot of season ticket holders who worked there way to some really really good seats by upgrading over the years.

While they may not have been the biggest donors, they were reliable through thick and thin and showed up and bought tickets through everything.

Some people had season tickets in “low priority” areas because they became season ticket holders recently. Some of these people took advantage of this situation and donated some very good coin. These people likely went in the first couple weeks and have bumped some long time fans from prime spots.

It’s TBD if these people will keep their tickets after this season. If they don’t, it will be a shame. They were the bread and butter for a very long time for the university, even in the darker times.

Will these new people that have taken others seats be as reliable and stick through everything? That’s also TBD.

With that being said, with all the changes that they were making with moving the student section, losing seats etc, I’m not sure there was any other way to do other than the way that they did it. It certainly wasn’t an easy place for Syracuse University to be in…
Well said JR. Only better way, in my case, woukd be for SU to say donor rank goes on what you have given over the last 3-8 yrs, not in a 7 month whwt have you given me lately grab. That would def encompass us diehards who buy seasons ev yr and trudge up there and yell and holler when we have been medicre to bad all the way.

Having said that, this would not help our brethren in the end zone getting utterley jacked for the new student section. Our friends there are screwed from day 1. And I am pissed for them as much as for me, believe me.

But the $99 dollar person probably had to donate $1000 above ticket prices to get ahead of you by 2 levels as your STH pts would still be ahead of them in any single level.

Where you really get hurt is that people who do 2 sports moved ahead of many long time FB only STHs

Well said JR. Only better way, in my case, woukd be for SU to say donor rank goes on what you have given over the last 3-8 yrs, not in a 7 month whwt have you given me lately grab. That would def encompass us diehards who buy seasons ev yr and trudge up there and yell and holler when we have been medicre to bad all the way.

Having said that, this would not help our brethren in the end zone getting utterley jacked for the new student section. Our friends there are screwed from day 1. And I am pissed for them as much as for me, believe me.

Being moved from the endzone from the 100 level with very little comparable seats in that price zone was the biggest crime done during this reseating.

Having the students take 2 of the 4 corners, the visiting section in the other corner and then having the tunnel in the other corner was absolutely killer.

The problem is further magnified by the club 44 seats that were put in to that end zone

That whole situation just wasn’t great and is what forced me to the 200s and could ultimately what drives myself and my group (10 tickets) to drop Syracuse seasons.

Being moved from the endzone from the 100 level with very little comparable seats in that price zone was the biggest crime done during this reseating.

Having the students take 2 of the 4 corners, the visiting section in the other corner and then having the tunnel in the other corner was absolutely killer.

The problem is further magnified by the club 44 seats that were put in to that end zone

That whole situation just wasn’t great and is what forced me to the 200s and could ultimately what drives myself and my group (10 tickets) to drop Syracuse seasons.
I’m surprised they gave two corners to the students. I could see that back firing if they’re not consistently in their seats. I’d rather have it constantly full, even if a smaller section, then sporadic. But I also know that a lot of students attend Syracuse for the college athletics and making it easier to attend - especially when we rarely sell out - is a positive thing.

I’m surprised they gave two corners to the students. I could see that back firing if they’re not consistently in their seats. I’d rather have it constantly full, even if a smaller section, then sporadic. But I also know that a lot of students attend Syracuse for the college athletics and making it easier to attend - especially when we rarely sell out - is a positive thing.

Definitely and it’s something that can be adjusted.

If they end up not filling, I could see them opening up section 126/127 and 119/120 for ‘25

I know I would JUMP all over those seats

They must have some idea of how many students were really going before to feel the need for so many sections now.

Its not clear how hard they were controlling the mass of kids into the old sections because while they may not have been over flowing into all the space they had before they also could have been squeezing in more than can sit in real seats?

Its give and take I guess. They had room in the old system for all the over flow they wanted with the kids even if they only used the space every few years. Maybe they allocated the same thing now for the max number they thought would come and we see empty spaces for 75% of the games.

At least the new blue seating will make it look better than the empty grey did.

They must have some idea of how many students were really going before to feel the need for so many sections now.

Its not clear how hard they were controlling the mass of kids into the old sections because while they may not have been over flowing into all the space they had before they also could have been squeezing in more than can sit in real seats?

Its give and take I guess. They had room in the old system for all the over flow they wanted with the kids even if they only used the space every few years. Maybe they allocated the same thing now for the max number they thought would come and we see empty spaces for 75% of the games.

At least the new blue seating will make it look better than the empty grey did.
Student seats were rarely full . I think what they set aside for them is overkill

My wife and I will be making our return as season ticket holders (she doesn't know yet so be cool) and we don't want any of your guys silly row A, aisle, 50 yard line seats. We'll be up in heaven (311) but you'll hear me wherever you decided to park your rear end for 2024

Per John Rothstein on The X:

Source: The Big 12 has voted to introduce Hollywood floor seats for the home team during the 2024-25 college basketball season.

That's seats between the scorers table and the team bench.

I wonder if the ACC will follow?

Maybe I'm lucky. I've sat in 332, 316, 311, 323, 119, and finally 112/113. Seasons at all of them. I have not had a season where I was like 'These seats suck'. I've accepted fully that I will be somewhere else next year. I keep repeating these things over and over in my head. I believe I'm at a point where whatever happens, happens. I'm just excited to start the next chapter in SU football with Coach Brown and the new Dome.

Per John Rothstein on The X:

Source: The Big 12 has voted to introduce Hollywood floor seats for the home team during the 2024-25 college basketball season.

That's seats between the scorers table and the team bench.

I wonder if the ACC will follow?
Personally I hate that they have those seats. I think the coaches and players shouldn't have to worry about some random Joe Blow sitting next to them during a game, although I would imagine they have pretty strict decorum protocol.

Maybe I'm lucky. I've sat in 332, 316, 311, 323, 119, and finally 112/113. Seasons at all of them. I have not had a season where I was like 'These seats suck'. I've accepted fully that I will be somewhere else next year. I keep repeating these things over and over in my head. I believe I'm at a point where whatever happens, happens. I'm just excited to start the next chapter in SU football with Coach Brown and the new Dome.
This is the reality. There are very few bad seats in the Dome for football given the design of the stadium. Some would argue being too close to the field is actually worse, which is a function of having such small sidelines and the crowd being right on top of it. When you go to other stadiums and see how far away you really are, you get a true appreciation for the Dome as a football venue.

It’s very unique and quite positive. Now let’s win some games and this place will consistently sell out 42k.

I keep telling myself at least I’m in the dome even if my back is against the wall at the very top.