2024 Seating Changes | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Thanks for the update. I am a bit surprised and dubious that all of West parking is sold out. That would mean the Standart lot is already full which to me is highly unlikely. Now maybe SU had to hold back spots or they lost spots or something but I find it hard to believe that is sold out if there isn't something else at work here.
Jeremy, he was suprised also, especially after having been told by his rep earlier this week that he wouldn't have a problem this morning. He called and spoke to his rep while he was online in the system and the rep confirmed the parking spots there were all gone.

Someone I know (not me) got tickets this morning. Previously had seats in the lower bowl in the east endzone which is for students now. Was able to get 2 seats in the 100 level around the 10 yard line on the home side. He's somewhat satisfied. He used to have 4 seats. He'd previously been told that if he only bought 2 he'd get a refund for the deposit for the other 2. Now they're telling him the refund is up to management's discretion. Also, all spots in both the Raynor and West parking are gone. His rep confirmed that. (His rep told him 2 days ago he wouldn't have a problem getting parking there when it was his time this morning. He couldn't.) He also said that he saw there were seats in the 200s still available.
Pretty much everything they have said has been a lie

Jeremy, he was suprised also, especially after having been told by his rep earlier this week that he wouldn't have a problem this morning. He called and spoke to his rep while he was online in the system and the rep confirmed the parking spots there were all gone.

The west areas usually have to be re-loaded as not all spots can be put up at once. I know west lot parking especially teh fine/henry lot has become very popular over the last 5+ years even before Covid it was starting to sell out before the season but if what the rep is saying is accurate not only is Fine/Henry sold out so is Standart. Standart is a larger lot and usually lasts a fairly long while. I find it hard to believe that's sold out already.

Managed to salvage aisles in 200s, up 4 rows from the front. Lucky folks who snapped my row A and B wont endure my need for drink and undersized bladder after all. First 2 rows and parts of 3 and 4 are gone in west endzone 200s. Displaced east enders moved over I think

Managed to salvage aisles in 200s, up 4 rows from the front. Lucky folks who snapped my row A and B wont endure my need for drink and undersized bladder after all. First 2 rows and parts of 3 and 4 are gone in west endzone 200s. Displaced east enders moved over I think

The front few rows are some of the only spots that are still in the price point of the people displaced by the other endzone

Hopefully it gets rowdy in the 200s!!!

Let’s go!!!!

The west areas usually have to be re-loaded as not all spots can be put up at once. I know west lot parking especially teh fine/henry lot has become very popular over the last 5+ years even before Covid it was starting to sell out before the season but if what the rep is saying is accurate not only is Fine/Henry sold out so is Standart. Standart is a larger lot and usually lasts a fairly long while. I find it hard to believe that's sold out already.
They may have reduced the number of passes they issue for West parking. I usually park in Standart, and there are a lot more student vehicles parked there on game days than there used to be. There have been a couple games where people with passes were being turned away near game time because the lot was full. If we actually get good again, that may be a larger problem than it used to be.

With all the students in Lawrinson and Centennial using that lot, the university either has to start enforcing game day parking restrictions for highly attended games, or issue fewer passes. They may have made the second choice.

Section 209 / Row A still had 3 seats together as of 11:00 AM per a friend who selected his seats this morning.

Section 209 / Row A still had 3 seats together as of 11:00 AM per a friend who selected his seats this morning.
I saw a single Row A seat last week...those are probably hard to move

Hopefully the first five rows in the 200's are actually gone and they aren't experiencing technical difficulties still. I had a friend move his entire group over to a corner 200 level section that was fully open but was showing on the site as being completely full. He only found out because he spoke to his ticket rep on the phone and he found the glitch.

This thread sounds like people looking for lifeboats after the Titanic went down. I guess the Fran Brown Era has produced an avalanche of season ticket sales. I suspect that if this had been done a year ago, everyone would pretty much have what they wanted - if they wanted it

This thread sounds like people looking for lifeboats after the Titanic went down. I guess the Fran Brown Era has produced an avalanche of season ticket sales. I suspect that if this had been done a year ago, everyone would pretty much have what they wanted - if they wanted it
Between reseating and conference shuffling, school knew it had to move on from Dino. It’s not a coincidence.

They may have reduced the number of passes they issue for West parking. I usually park in Standart, and there are a lot more student vehicles parked there on game days than there used to be. There have been a couple games where people with passes were being turned away near game time because the lot was full. If we actually get good again, that may be a larger problem than it used to be.

With all the students in Lawrinson and Centennial using that lot, the university either has to start enforcing game day parking restrictions for highly attended games, or issue fewer passes. They may have made the second choice.
Have to imagine this is the case or they’re limiting how many they sell because of future plans in that area. If you’re going to do it, now is the time.

Someone I know (not me) got tickets this morning. Previously had seats in the lower bowl in the east endzone which is for students now. Was able to get 2 seats in the 100 level around the 10 yard line on the home side. He's somewhat satisfied. He used to have 4 seats. He'd previously been told that if he only bought 2 he'd get a refund for the deposit for the other 2. Now they're telling him the refund is up to management's discretion. Also, all spots in both the Raynor and West parking are gone. His rep confirmed that. (His rep told him 2 days ago he wouldn't have a problem getting parking there when it was his time this morning. He couldn't.) He also said that he saw there were seats in the 200s still available.
Refunds are always up to management's discretion. It'll probably be approved but a rep will never have that level of autonomy.

The parking thing seems odd. As a rep myself, I'd never talk in guarantees about specific locations unless I was holding them. It seems like he was speaking about parking in general rather than specific lots based on what you've posted?

Refunds are always up to management's discretion. It'll probably be approved but a rep will never have that level of autonomy.

The parking thing seems odd. As a rep myself, I'd never talk in guarantees about specific locations unless I was holding them. It seems like he was speaking about parking in general rather than specific lots based on what you've posted?
Thanks. I believe he was referring specifically about the West parking areas when the Rep told my friend he'd be able to get them. As others have mentioned maybe they have cut down on the number available. And my friend is getting the refund.

Could it be a huge surge in people buying parking who never did before?

It could be a different issue again next year as the parking is tied to your donor level and not to just renewing your seats.. We might have people who jumped way up to pick seats why grabbed parking who then next year revert back to normal donor levels. Or it could be how many people bumped up seats and were able to grab more than 1 permit who never could before.

Its too bad parking is not renewed like seats in some aspects.

I just hope these parking passes and seats get used. I know the process had to go down and that some people were always going to be unhappy, but it will be very aggravating to be displaced (I know it isn’t the correct term) and look across the dome at empty seats where we used to sit. But at least SU got their cash grab.

YOu could be right because West lot parking lasted pretty much the entire parking process last year and I can't imagine that many new passes moved this year. Hoping we get some clarification from SU because something is certainly up with the entire west parking area and Raynor sold out already.