2024 Seating Changes | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I'd be pretty surprised if SU doesn't read this board, even though there reportedly isn't a feedback option surely they are reading this now.

One way to get an answer about the SUNY ESF parking lot matter is to send an email to Chris Carlson (CCarlson@syracuse.com) explaining the fact that the Zone B parking lots are sold out but NYS is not allowing fans to park in their open lot.

It would be interesting to see why Joanie Mahoney has not taken steps to alleviate the parking issues around the dome when the federal government/Veterans Administration has done just the opposite by allowing fans to use their parking garage.

There’s absolutely solutions to the parking issues

It’s just going to force people to be creative/go against the “norms” at Syracuse

We're in the Harrison lot, have been there about 8 years now out of the 15 we've had seasons. Have many friends in that lot, I had no problem getting that parking ticket which is good for me.
My son was able to get spots in this lot also. We have been there for five or six years.

Its interesting that in this whole process almost no feedback is happening or being asked from SU on the process. If people are not calling in they dont know of issues buying tickets. They didnt do an after the purchase survey to see what can be tweaked. They have to go thru an even more compressed BBall process soon and hopefully have learned some things.

The reality is they only have about 5000 people doing this right now and thats not a huge number to get feedback from when you know most wont bother.

Even the issues with getting tickets into the cart would have gone away had they tested properly. They had to foresee the parking issue wouldn't they?
This!

When my husband spoke to a manager yesterday (our now ‘former’ ticket rep never even shared with us our seats were being displaced (STH - section 127) among other things)- the manager admitted they aren’t showing a map ahead of time, because they DON’T want people to call with questions…they don’t want phone calls….

I might be wrong but isn’t that your job? To navigate us die-hard fans through this less than ideal process? I hope with all my orange and blue bleeding heart that they at some point, will listen… we are not naive in that changes had to be made - but I think some of this process for many, has not gone well…

We finally got our tickets this morning but as we knew, parking where we tailgate, was full. I think our new seats (section 213) will be okay - very disappointed about the parking….

I think a big issue is that there was no notification to people that spots were being lost in these lots. They know there are large tailgates in some spots and you would always expect in this process the people who be picking passes a large time spot apart. Had they let people know before the process started of the issue some may have chosen to move to a less congested area perhaps?

We are like half way thru this process and lots are gone. Now you have tsailgate groups split into pieces all over.

I have been to the SyracrCurz a few times and I dont park there it just means a bit of a walk from the bus to the tailgate but then Im not hauling equipment or food and such either

Very few spots were lost. It looks like the biggest issue was everyone buying the max parking passes they could.

So an update…we were told by our ticket rep today that essentially because construction is going on in other places by campus where larger donors often park, those donors have taken the next closest..which were Raynor and West… who knows so disappointed as those we tailgate with already have their Ray Lot parking passes and we are SOL…. Fingers crossed we get decent seats tomorrow (Friday) at our time

That’s very few parking spots.

Showing a map and answering the phone are 2 different issues. You can do one without answering the phone if you want or force all calls to a number and transfer to a rep for certain issues

Parking they had to know pretty quickly something was going on and lots were full way earlier than normal

This!

When my husband spoke to a manager yesterday (our now ‘former’ ticket rep never even shared with us our seats were being displaced (STH - section 127) among other things)- the manager admitted they aren’t showing a map ahead of time, because they DON’T want people to call with questions…they don’t want phone calls….

I might be wrong but isn’t that your job? To navigate us die-hard fans through this less than ideal process? I hope with all my orange and blue bleeding heart that they at some point, will listen… we are not naive in that changes had to be made - but I think some of this process for many, has not gone well…

We finally got our tickets this morning but as we knew, parking where we tailgate, was full. I think our new seats (section 213) will be okay - very disappointed about the parking….
Did you park in one of the Area B lots?

This!

I assume they want to keep the phone lines open for people who have issues during their actual selection time, instead of tying up all the reps answering questions from people who aren't picking for another week.

I assume they want to keep the phone lines open for people who have issues during their actual selection time, instead of tying up all the reps answering questions from people who aren't picking for another week.
Do they have more than 1 person picking at a time yet? We have noted a bunch of issues on the board and still I don't know that even 5% have actually made a call, probably more like 1-2%.

Don't know if this has been discussed before, just wondering if the change from aluminum benches to seats changes the Dome acoustics in any way?

There’s absolutely solutions to the parking issues

It’s just going to force people to be creative/go against the “norms” at Syracuse
The parking thing just isn’t cool. They should have forced a first preference to previous holders of their spots on that. There is no reason they couldn’t have like in the past. But they probably limited to their crappy backend IT system.

We lost our 20+ year seats in 250 because of the group sales restrictions of those sections. Had no idea these weren't going to be available until days prior from this board. Disappointed is an understatement

We lost our 20+ year seats in 250 because of the group sales restrictions of those sections. Had no idea these weren't going to be available until days prior from this board. Disappointed is an understatement
An example of the school not reaching out about changes to let people know.

I mean they never sent one email to let people know to plan on issues with the endzone 100s swap and 300 sections merging and that people should have alternate plans if there expected seats were gone.

Geberic emails really didnt cover the issues in some sections that went away or got compressed.

I'd advise you to call you rep on Sec 250. You didn't lose it because of group sales, and it maybe an option for you for this season.

I'd advise you to call you rep on Sec 250. You didn't lose it because of group sales, and it maybe an option for you for this season.
I may be wrong on the reason, but the reason doesn't matter I guess. We didn't want to spend one more season there then be forced to move next year with limited options. Would rather take the pain this year and have a better selection

Don’t think the A level lots being unavailable is the entire answer. Those are small lots with less than 50 spaces. We had a season ticket holder with a donor rank in the mid 2000s closed out of West yesterday when in previous years fans with a rank more than 1000 spots lower have not had an issue.

This will create a serious challenge that could jeopardize our SyraCRUZ tailgate as we have several core chefs and equipment transporters who will not be able to get in the lot on game days.
Wish I had known this as I would have gotten a parking pass and then sold it to someone in the tailgate.

So, after catching up on recent pages I’m finding out that in addition to losing my former location to the students, it appears that I’m also getting kicked out of the West lot. Fantastic. 24 years as a STH mean Jack shlit.

So, after catching up on recent pages I’m finding out that in addition to losing my former location to the students, it appears that I’m also getting kicked out of the West lot. Fantastic. 24 years as a STH mean Jack shlit.
Yep, I hear you. Sucks. Many of us getting jacked, and some more than others. I got my great news last week. Plenty more will be saying the same in the coming days and weeks. As Upperdeck has been saying out loud all along, most ppl were just not honestly preparing for the displacement that was coming. I was, but still sucks. A 10 win season sure would help us all with our new seats and parking