2024 Seating Changes | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I just hope these parking passes and seats get used. I know the process had to go down and that some people were always going to be unhappy, but it will be very aggravating to be displaced (I know it isn’t the correct term) and look across the dome at empty seats where we used to sit. But at least SU got their cash grab.
Pinpoint correct. Would be an awful thing if seats and parking got jacked from so many diehards bc of the process. Really hope if ppl who got ahead in line bc of the system, damn well better plan on sticking with it like all of us have for literally decades.

Thanks. I believe he was referring specifically about the West parking areas when the Rep told my friend he'd be able to get them. As others have mentioned maybe they have cut down on the number available. And my friend is getting the refund.
Wow. Glad I was able to get my parking pass when I did. Can’t believe it is sold out after previous assurances that there would be plenty available.
The whole thing stinks

So an update…we were told by our ticket rep today that essentially because construction is going on in other places by campus where larger donors often park, those donors have taken the next closest..which were Raynor and West… who knows so disappointed as those we tailgate with already have their Ray Lot parking passes and we are SOL…. Fingers crossed we get decent seats tomorrow (Friday) at our time

People will be more mad about not getting their parking than they will be about not getting their seats.

This is a MASSIVE issue for the university as there are A LOT of people that normally get West lot passes or Raynor passes that will no longer be getting them.

Not good at all

People will be more mad about not getting their parking than they will be about not getting their seats.

This is a MASSIVE issue for the university as there are A LOT of people that normally get West lot passes or Raynor passes that will no longer be getting them.

Not good at all
If I had to choose between my old seats or a pass to one of the lots on University I’d choose the parking pass. I didn’t think there’d be a chance that I’d lose both. I’ll be extremely disappointed if I have to move to Manley or Skytop.

So an update…we were told by our ticket rep today that essentially because construction is going on in other places by campus where larger donors often park, those donors have taken the next closest..which were Raynor and West… who knows so disappointed as those we tailgate with already have their Ray Lot parking passes and we are SOL…. Fingers crossed we get decent seats tomorrow (Friday) at our time
So maybe this is a one year situation?

If I had to choose between my old seats or a pass to one of the lots on University I’d choose the parking pass. I didn’t think there’d be a chance that I’d lose both. I’ll be extremely disappointed if I have to move to Manley or Skytop.
Manley North (now COML) is awesome. We got displaced from the Marshall lot 20 or more some odd years ago when Cantor razed it in construction. Been with the NMAN family ever since. Best. Displacement. Ever. Most years tailgating there has been the best part of going to games when we have been mediocre to bad most the time. Anyone who gets displaced from West, come join the NMAN fam. You won't leave hungry or dissapointed.

Manley North (now COML) is awesome. We got displaced from the Marshall lot 20 or more some odd years ago when Cantor razed it in construction. Been with the NMAN family ever since. Best. Displacement. Ever. Most years tailgating there has been the best part of going to games when we have been mediocre to bad most the time. Anyone who gets displaced from West, come join the NMAN fam. You won't leave hungry or dissapointed.
I definitely will be if nothings available for Area C when my day comes. I’ve always loved being on University for tailgating. Short 10 minute walk up the hill and easy walk down after. Varsity is close by if I don’t feel like grilling or bringing the grill that particular week. It’s the only place I’ve tailgated for the past 10 years so I’m hesitant to change.

Don’t think the A level lots being unavailable is the entire answer. Those are small lots with less than 50 spaces. We had a season ticket holder with a donor rank in the mid 2000s closed out of West yesterday when in previous years fans with a rank more than 1000 spots lower have not had an issue.

This will create a serious challenge that could jeopardize our SyraCRUZ tailgate as we have several core chefs and equipment transporters who will not be able to get in the lot on game days.

Don’t think the A level lots being unavailable is the entire answer. Those are small lots with less than 50 spaces. We had a season ticket holder with a donor rank in the mid 2000s closed out of West yesterday when in previous years fans with a rank more than 1000 spots lower have not had an issue.

This will create a serious challenge that could jeopardize our SyraCRUZ tailgate as we have several core chefs and equipment transporters who will not be able to get in the lot on game days.
And it’s going to trickle down to people like me. Certainly didn’t have this on my bingo card

COML is awful. People should stay away. And there is only 2 potties.

You don't let out the secret. What is wrong with you?

Not good at all
It's high time for 'Cuse council (or Fine Mess reps) to meet with the cat running the "auxiliary services" department, isn't it? The 2-lot West parking idea was a CF from the start and continues to cause anxiety for the long-term tail gaters who need access to the Henry Street (Fine) lot. It makes little sense to carry coolers, chairs (kids), etc., from one lot to another. I'd like to know who this guy is and why he hasn't been asked to explain why "West" should remain the only dual-lot concept in the entire U parking system? We have the connections to drill into this ... let's use them.

Last edited:
We're in the Harrison lot, have been there about 8 years now out of the 15 we've had seasons. Have many friends in that lot, I had no problem getting that parking ticket which is good for me.

I think a big issue is that there was no notification to people that spots were being lost in these lots. They know there are large tailgates in some spots and you would always expect in this process the people who be picking passes a large time spot apart. Had they let people know before the process started of the issue some may have chosen to move to a less congested area perhaps?

We are like half way thru this process and lots are gone. Now you have tsailgate groups split into pieces all over.

I have been to the SyracrCurz a few times and I dont park there it just means a bit of a walk from the bus to the tailgate but then Im not hauling equipment or food and such either

I think a big issue is that there was no notification to people that spots were being lost in these lots. They know there are large tailgates in some spots and you would always expect in this process the people who be picking passes a large time spot apart. Had they let people know before the process started of the issue some may have chosen to move to a less congested area perhaps?

We are like half way thru this process and lots are gone. Now you have tsailgate groups split into pieces all over.

I have been to the SyracrCurz a few times and I dont park there it just means a bit of a walk from the bus to the tailgate but then Im not hauling equipment or food and such either

Exactly, had we been even given a small warning adjustments could have been made.

We at the SyraCRUZ tailgate have never ever had this issue.

I’m confident that the university will do something to rectify this.

What’s really frustrating is the big empty lot next to west parking. I know it belongs to The Schocl of Forestry, but it just sits empty. Why is it not being used?
I believe the issue with that lot is it’s not owned by SU and they have been unable would need to get approval and/or enter into a with agreement SUNY.

I believe there was some hope an agreement could be reached to allow fans to park their on game days when former Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney was named President of SUNY-ESF but nothing has changed in the last four years.

Its interesting that in this whole process almost no feedback is happening or being asked from SU on the process. If people are not calling in they dont know of issues buying tickets. They didnt do an after the purchase survey to see what can be tweaked. They have to go thru an even more compressed BBall process soon and hopefully have learned some things.

The reality is they only have about 5000 people doing this right now and thats not a huge number to get feedback from when you know most wont bother.

Even the issues with getting tickets into the cart would have gone away had they tested properly. They had to foresee the parking issue wouldn't they?