2024 Seating Changes | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Student attednance has definitely been up teh last few years but when you look at what SU has blocked out for student tickets this year, it feels like overkill. The have blocked out at least 15 sections in full for student tickets. 119-127 and 325-330. There's also three 200 level sections blocked out but I am not sure that's for students or what is going on there. I suspect SU's gonna have to scramble after the first few games when multiple sections are essentially barren or empty. 119,127,325 and 330 especially seem like they may have issues filling.
They should build in some incentives to earn the right to sit in the 100s.

Like they track your attendance and allow you to enter first or label you 100 student section.

We need to encourage students to show up on time and stay longer
Hope that on game days, they take adjusting student cafeteria hours into serious consideration too so that students don’t have to leave games so they can eat within their scheduled hours.

Torrey Ball said 44K on Orangenation but I think he mispoke
If the lower level rows are going from 34 to 26, I don’t see how that is even close. And that isn’t even considering the lost entire rows from ADA.

If the lower level rows are going from 34 to 26, I don’t see how that is even close. And that isn’t even considering the lost entire rows from ADA.

I believe the new overall capacity is like 42.5

Probably still early but I’m curious how the 200 level is looking. Mainly the first few rows

Like they track your attendance and allow you to enter first or label you 100 student section.

We need to encourage students to show up on time and stay longer
The rewards program that was piloted with students in 2018 was excellent and students really bought in. Gave extra points for staying until the fourth quarter

The rewards program that was piloted with students in 2018 was excellent and students really bought in. Gave extra points for staying until the fourth quarter

But it is more fun to reinvent the wheel

Bureaucrats' performance reports thrive on them. LoL

I know from experience

Last edited:
They were what is now 102-108 (including the band) and 304-307.

So lower they were 2 sideline, 3 corner, 2 endzone and are going to 6 corner, 3 endzone.

Upper they were 4 corner and are going to 2 corner, 4 endzone.

That does seem a bit overkill for the students. SU giving them the full upper deck in the endzone seems reasonable but SU should have kept the corners for regular sales.

I think even that seems high. That would mean that we are losing just under 13.5% when based on the new number of seats per row it would seem to be a lot more. If I had to guess it would be around 41k.

if you look at the virtual the lower sections had 29 seats. Did they end up at 26?

That much closer to making tickets a demand item again.

Renewals were good as was addon tickets
New STH demand was high
Students took more seats
if we are closer to 42k than 44k thats another bump up in over all fullness.

Do we have an issue with someone posting Pics or is there not enough time to do it justice?

if you look at the virtual the lower sections had 29 seats. Did they end up at 26?

My row had 26 but it looks like that row is shorter. Counting other rows it looks like most are 28. But even at 29 that gets you under 42k.

Once you’re in to your selection, it’s open until you select your seats. Once you get into parking, you have a time limit. I just selected and it was easy. I could have gotten a little closer to the fifty, but we wanted to sit next to some friends. I’m pleased where we ended up.

Thank you for the information!

I think even that seems high. That would mean that we are losing just under 13.5% when based on the new number of seats per row it would seem to be a lot more. If I had to guess it would be around 41k.

I believe it is something like 41,900 from what I was told.

My row had 26 but it looks like that row is shorter. Counting other rows it looks like most are 28. But even at 29 that gets you under 42k.
It will be interesting to view the real seating vs the virtual seating engine but I never bothered to really count before to know lost seats in most sections.

Thanks for the update. Picking on Friday morning hoping my seats in 210/A are still available. Tough to lose them after 30 years.

Think you will be in decent shape for 210 for sure. Front row maybe a tossup but think you can get what you want or close to it.