2024 Seating Changes | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

It should be that way. If you give more money you should be at a higher level.

The only complaint one can have is with FB vs non FB. If person A gives $1500 a year to FB and person B gives $500 a year to FB and $2000 in BBall, person B is at a higher level for FB seating. That shouldn't be. Person B should get full credit for the $500 and only priority points for the BBall.

The seating is sport specific but CAF is not sport specific.
The recourse is that for people concerned donate a bit more one time. At least there is an option.

But I also think money should be sport specific and the priority pts can be across sports.

Neither way is perfect.

They could have also tiered it some across say 5 yrs. That way a person gets a reward for money over some years and longevity over some set of years as well.

As I read it, Person B picks first because they are in a higher level. The priority points are just the tiebreaker between people in the same level.

As I read it, Person B picks first because they are in a higher level. The priority points are just the tiebreaker between people in the same level.

They'd be in the same level, they're both All Conference. That's the $1,000 level. The next level starts at $2,500.

Hypothetical, tell me if I have this right. Only asking because my group really wants certain seats, so we're just trying to ensure we can get them. Not asking because I have any issues with the process. Feel like I need to be clear on that :)

Person A's donations are $1,000, which is All Conference level.

Person B's donations are $2,000, which means All Conference level as well (next level is $2,500).

Person A has 50 priority points, Person B only has 10 priority points.

So in this scenario, Person B will have a higher donor rank overall, but Person A would actually select seats first?

Kind of but not really.

Donor Rank is determined by your priority points.

In that scenario that you gave, person A is likely going to select before person B because of the longevity points which has raised their donor rank.

Now if person A was in the level below them and person B was in the level above them, they would pick before person A no matter what their priority points are

Hope I made that not confusing

hah right -- i'm sorry that offends people but ummm, that's the way the world works. They should see what they do at other universities. God forbid we start winning and sell out the dome all the time. People are really going to complain then.
Yup

A few schools make you rebid for your seats every few years.

Kind of but not really.

Donor Rank is determined by your priority points.

In that scenario that you gave, person A is likely going to select before person B because of the longevity points which has raised their donor rank.

Now if person A was in the level below them and person B was in the level above them, they would pick before person A no matter what their priority points are

Hope I made that not confusing

Makes sense. In my head, I just thought donor rank and priority points were two separate things. And that donor rank was just literally a ranking of donated amount.

But you're saying donor rank is everything thrown into the equation.

Makes sense. In my head, I just thought donor rank and priority points were two separate things. And that donor rank was just literally a ranking of donated amount.

But you're saying donor rank is everything thrown into the equation.

Exactly. Donor rank is factoring in your priority points as well as what level you are on.

You can move up in a level and raise your donor rank by your longevity bonus that they gave you

They'd be in the same level, they're both All Conference. That's the $1,000 level. The next level starts at $2,500.

I read more into the question instead of actually reading it. Thank you.

Hypothetical, tell me if I have this right. Only asking because my group really wants certain seats, so we're just trying to ensure we can get them. Not asking because I have any issues with the process. Feel like I need to be clear on that :)

Person B's donations are $2,000, which means All Conference level as well (next level is $2,500).

So in this scenario, Person B will have a higher donor rank overall, but Person A would actually select seats first?

Also to go with this and a reminder to everyone when selecting seats…

SECTION NUMBERS AND SEAT NUMBERS WILL BE CHANGING.

So make sure you are viewing the virtual seating chart so you know what your section number is

Think you’re overthinking it

If person A is giving more money to FB more than likely they want better seats

If person B is giving less money to football, it’s likely that they have less desirable seats

Most season ticket holders aren’t donating over and above what the requirement is for their ticket.

I get what you’re saying, but I think based on the situation, most donations are only coming in for each sport due to what is required to purchase those seats

If Person1 has four B level FB tickets they are at a $1300 donations for seats. If they give another $200 they are at the $1500 level.

If Person2 has four B level BBall tickets and two C level FB tickets they are at $3000 in donations, or the $2500 level.

Person1 gives $900 more a year to FB, but they pick after Person2 for FB. When the time comes Person2 could see B level FB seats available and take them since they are only $350 more total.

I think the seat priority should go to the greater FB donor.

Yup

A few schools make you rebid for your seats every few years.
And they would be schools who have no difficulty in filling their stadiums, not Syracuse. Now I wish it were and hope we become that good, that people are begging to get tickets. Until that happens though perhaps Syracuse should be more considerate to those who have loyally attended through thick and thin.

Don’t you dare take my seats!
Nothing to worry about. I think I saw "your seats" loaded on a flatbed outside of the Dome Saturday night. Just follow them when the trailer pulls away.

Has anybody sat in the small 2-3 rows behind the new ADA seating? Is the field view blocked at all?

Has anybody sat in the small 2-3 rows behind the new ADA seating? Is the field view blocked at all?

I did at the Spring game. You cannot see between the numbers and the sideline, unless you stand up. But that is assuming those accompanying the ADA people are not also standing or moving around.

I also checked the row in front of the ADA seating. You will have people's feet above your head and you better hope no one spills a drink.

Your group really wants certain seats to give away almost all the time

Your group really wants certain seats to give away almost all the time

I know, but for that one game we attend, so convenient.

I’ve got designs on attending 3 games this year **. Thanksgiving weekend game helps.

** Unless we suck.

I did at the Spring game. You cannot see between the numbers and the sideline, unless you stand up. But that is assuming those accompanying the ADA people are not also standing or moving around.

I also checked the row in front of the ADA seating. You will have people's feet above your head and you better hope no one spills a drink.
Interesting. Both options aren't so ideal. Thanks for the info.

Let me know what he says, because I'm in the same boat.

I renewed too late to make the April 11 update.

There should be another update coming shortly (I think).

He just responded, doesn't have the specific date, expects it to be updated either end of this week or early next week.

He just responded, doesn't have the specific date, expects it to be updated either end of this week or early next week.

Early next week is basically May.

Early next week is basically May.

Yeah, he said there will be one update before May 1, and then another one (assuming the final one) after.

Guessing they want to get those calculations out by Friday if they can, go for one last push.