2024 Seating Changes | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

You think its high or low?

With the NEW PSL stuff coming for the new stadium you think they are trying to create more demand by fudging it some?

They announced a waiting list that was like 6000 as well at one point?
If they have a waiting list they should have a minimum of 45k STH. You don't sell out your stadium with only 15k STH. Would be borderline impossible.

was the phone cord long enough to stretch back to the lazy boy? back in the day, it was a strong move to put the 20 footer on the phone. Could walk around the entire house.
What and pay that $4 trip charge from Ma Bell?

If they have a waiting list they should have a minimum of 45k STH. You don't sell out your stadium with only 15k STH. Would be borderline impossible.
I guess it will be interesting to see how many seats are sold towards the end of our process if the 5K number is fairly close. I wonder if people can log back in once they are done or its a one shot deal. if we are at 20K + students and such we should be over 50% full just with an eyeball view and the bottom should be as full as ever with all the seats they removed.

Torrey Ball, Deputy Athletics Director at Syracuse University joined Brian Higgins on #The315 to discuss the new renovations being made to the JMA Dome. Involving new seat backs, the assigning of seats, and more. Torrey also goes over how the process has been playing out, and his excitement throughout...

Selection process will continue until the end of June for Football.

They may tweak things a little bit for Basketball when it starts in July.

You will have the opportunity to upgrade or downgrade when you select.

Construction crews are replacing approx one section of seats a day.

so roughly 25 more days to pick. Upperdeck was like 7-8 sections done the last pics so they are probably half done if thats what the have been focused on?

Selection process will continue until the end of June for Football.

They may tweak things a little bit for Basketball when it starts in July.

You will have the opportunity to upgrade or downgrade when you select.

Construction crews are replacing approx one section of seats a day.
“Basketball ticket selection will be complex.”

Translation: sh!tshow.

What some term “poor management” others consider being responsive almost to a fault. The AD could have said “We have a priority system in place and that’s what we will use” and left it at that. Instead they tweaked the system SEVEN times by my count with no alternative other than to manually adjust largely due to the restrictions of their ticketing provider. When you open a process up to manual intervention you should expect timing challenges, some degree of human error and, perhaps, less than optimal outside visibility.

Individuals have the right to be critical, whether justified or not, but that criticism should be balanced with an attempt to understand the objectives and magnitude of a project.
Yea first time through is expected to be more than a bit choppy. That said they could have moved the student section next year

Last edited:
doing it next year might have made some of this worse. the people who had good donor levels would have had to make the decision to choose the seats they have or make the jump a yr early I guess. But it would have been confusing for some.

Yea first time through is expected to be more than a bit choppy. That said they could have moved the student section next year
They also could have just left it where it was

They move a huge chunk of student seats to the cheapest seats they sell and move a bunch of seats to value seats. 103 went from student to $400 right?

And miss out on the profits of those seats on the 100 level from the goal line to about the 30 yard line????

Yeah right
And to be fair, doing that + the premium seats (and increases to boxes) help to subsidize the reduction in overall capacity. Most people won't see a change despite the upgrades. Can't eliminate seats and not expect a revenue hit unless you make up for it somewhere.

+ the barnes area eventually too. It was the right move. I think it'll also look cool on TV as you rarely see them now.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this as every time I see a home football game on TV, the student section seems to be the only section they show.

And to be fair, doing that + the premium seats (and increases to boxes) help to subsidize the reduction in overall capacity. Most people won't see a change despite the upgrades. Can't eliminate seats and not expect a revenue hit unless you make up for it somewhere.
Plus the $20MM a year that now will go to paying athletes!

One thing about streaming sports, they will know exact level of game watching instead of guessing. If they have to pay the non revenue sports that will drive some numbers.

I agree. Maybe they could have done a bit more to help the consolidation of those endzone tickets but the timing was right and was probably something long over due.

I know there are some who have been concerned with views being obstructed by the new railings that have been installed in the third deck facing the tunnel entrances, These are the four foot high rales with vertical slats that are directly in the sightline of aisle seats when looking to the opposite end zone. I have been told that these are temporary and the issue was recognized immediately upon installation. They will be replaced by "glass" barriers by fall.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO0wpHp1kEEfhEe6LpYsC8FAgp_57PR8z6o4uL_
rqil.jpg

I know there are some who have been concerned with views being obstructed by the new railings that have been installed in the third deck facing the tunnel entrances, These are the four foot high rales with vertical slats that are directly in the sightline of aisle seats when looking to the opposite end zone. I have been told that these are temporary and the issue was recognized immediately upon installation. They will be replaced by "glass" barriers by fall.
Google Photos
View attachment 241407

I sat 4 rows behind there and have never noticed a railing. So this one is higher? Will the clear one be high too? At what row is it not in view? Thanks.