2024 Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

so we got stevens and english think be smart if gait went after a fogo of course one who’s proven to add depth then think should go for eli fisher(wagner dmid) chase yager(harvard dmid) and maby the rutgers kid who was lsm but played dmid. That would sure up almost everything we need to improve. Nvm on yager just saw he’s going to uva now.

Also not sure if he would come or even have chance. But jake bonomi middie from mich would def help out at midfield. I feel with so much young talent we have plus what’s coming in should go to heavy on offensive guys. Also feel we have a lot of young talented poles to not search hard there unless it’s someone who really can’t pass up on if can get them. But dmid and fogo is def what we need more then anything. Know or rumor got a d3 kid that’s dmid n suppose to be good. Be nice if can grab 2 maby 3 other solid dmids to go with rice n rosa.

Also not sure if he would come or even have chance. But jake bonomi middie from mich would def help out at midfield. I feel with so much young talent we have plus what’s coming in should go to heavy on offensive guys. Also feel we have a lot of young talented poles to not search hard there unless it’s someone who really can’t pass up on if can get them. But dmid and fogo is def what we need more then anything. Know or rumor got a d3 kid that’s dmid n suppose to be good. Be nice if can grab 2 maby 3 other solid dmids to go with rice n rosa.

I think SU can afford to be a little selective on the offensive front. With English and Stevens you only have one more open spot. The depth chart as of now is as follows.

Attack: Spallina, Hiltz
First Midfield: Thomson, Leo
Second Midfield: Rhoa, Birtwistle
Transfers: English, Stevens

So only one more spot. It’s pretty easy to see English slotted to the first midfield and Stevens to the second. There are some intriguing names in the portal right now, McLaine from Brown and Boyden from Tufts. Seems like both those guys could slot very easily into the open right handed attack position and be very productive. They both most likely will be highly sought after.

That said schools like Duke, UVA, Notre Dame, UNC, Maryland, Hopkins all seem to be in good shape when it comes to right handed attackmen. They either have returning starters or have highly rated recruits waiting or coming in. They of course could be convinced to play midfield but if SU can dangle a starting attack spot, that could be a bit of leverage. I really do think SU should push their chips in for this season.

“According to a source close to the situation, Mulé has already heard from programs in the ACC, Big Ten and Big East, including four teams in this year's NCAA Tournament.”

Brother played at Duke but like article said, Cam decommitted from Blue Devils his senior year of high school.

I think SU can afford to be a little selective on the offensive front. With English and Stevens you only have one more open spot. The depth chart as of now is as follows.

Attack: Spallina, Hiltz
First Midfield: Thomson, Leo
Second Midfield: Rhoa, Birtwistle
Transfers: English, Stevens

So only one more spot. It’s pretty easy to see English slotted to the first midfield and Stevens to the second. There are some intriguing names in the portal right now, McLaine from Brown and Boyden from Tufts. Seems like both those guys could slot very easily into the open right handed attack position and be very productive. They both most likely will be highly sought after.

That said schools like Duke, UVA, Notre Dame, UNC, Maryland, Hopkins all seem to be in good shape when it comes to right handed attackmen. They either have returning starters or have highly rated recruits waiting or coming in. They of course could be convinced to play midfield but if SU can dangle a starting attack spot, that could be a bit of leverage. I really do think SU should push their chips in for this season.
But might not incoming freshman Trey Deere take the open slot at attack? If so, no top 9 offensive slots left.

“According to a source close to the situation, Mulé has already heard from programs in the ACC, Big Ten and Big East, including four teams in this year's NCAA Tournament.”

Brother played at Duke but like article said, Cam decommitted from Blue Devils his senior year of high school.

I wasn't keen on adding a portal attackmen but boy this is one that I think SU has to pursue if there is mutual interest.

But might not incoming freshman Trey Deere take the open slot at attack? If so, no top 9 offensive slots left.
Deere is a lefty and Hiltz has the left wing spot firmly locked down. And spallina has the spot at X locked down. Think he only sees the field as a freshman if he is coming out of the box as a middie or on man up.

Interesting for sure … UNC seems to lose a lot of grad school kids so maybe it’s nothing.

Interesting for sure … UNC seems to lose a lot of grad school kids so maybe it’s nothing.

Will be a big pick up for somebody. This screams Gtown or UVA

Deere is a lefty and Hiltz has the left wing spot firmly locked down. And spallina has the spot at X locked down. Think he only sees the field as a freshman if he is coming out of the box as a middie or on man up.
Got it. Thanks. But might not Gary Gait get creative and find a way to use him more?

I like to see birt at attack next year with hiltz n spallina. Birt is lil taller then both of them and really plays in middle when does get on anyway. His first year he did more dodging n shooting then did this year so think he can a little. But think he be my choice. I just hope cohen stays and gets more time. I really see something special in that kid. Matt wright would be awesome pick up for us for the wing. Grant i don’t see that happening.

Mean as i stated bonomi of mich i think is guy we should go after to help out midfield. Specially with english and stevens. I would drop birt down as know some said fin but think he just struggled with guys at times specially a pole. But if got someone like bonomi i go first line with leo stevens fin and second line english roha cohen/cordes with kempney and maby incoming guys mixing it up on 3rd. But as i said i like our offense specially with princeton guys. I can see grabbing someone who is just so good can’t pass up. But portal wise now really feel dmid and fogo are the main needs have to go for. Fisher and rutgers kid be my tops as of now depending who else jumps in. But really feel need grab least min 2 solid dmids but 3 would be best.

I think with Stevens and English we are good on offense. Hopefully Cohen stays and he can maybe get a spot on 2nd midfield line. I like the idea of moving Birtwhistle back to attack too. English, Finn and Leo on 1st line, Stevens Rhoa and Cohen 2nd line. If Deere outplays Cohen then he's gets it. I also want Eli Fisher and Reynolds's from Rutgers to play DMid.

I think with Stevens and English we are good on offense. Hopefully Cohen stays and he can maybe get a spot on 2nd midfield line. I like the idea of moving Birtwhistle back to attack too. English, Finn and Leo on 1st line, Stevens Rhoa and Cohen 2nd line. If Deere outplays Cohen then he's gets it. I also want Eli Fisher and Reynolds's from Rutgers to play DMid.

I get the sense from reading other boards (ie FanLax) that Reynolds wants to play LSM. Still would need to find more SSDMs if he came in.

Got it. Thanks. But might not Gary Gait get creative and find a way to use him more?

I could see Deere playing the crease if Gait wanted to get creative. Duke figured it out with Williams and O’Neil both being lefties though it seemed to take some time. Deere is a five star and that certainly shouldn’t be dismissed, but if SU has a chance to make sure all top nine offensive spots are established, proven players, I think they should take it. Just my opinion.

Lehigh player Chris Mule who is in the portal upon further review was a Team 91 LI player That would be a nice pick up Think we have a chance here
He decommited from Duke back in HS because he was not going to be admitted. Assuming his grades are good at Lehigh, I can see Duke back in the picture.

rumors of a possible staff shakeup in chapel hill
3998AD7C-C1F6-4435-8E35-58B093BB6E9D.jpeg

Looks like you nailed another one

starting to sound like breschi is going to survive but an assistant or two wont be so lucky

starting to sound like breschi is going to survive but an assistant or two wont be so lucky

I figured they would go that route. Seems like a mistake, they would be better off blowing it up.

I figured they would go that route. Seems like a mistake, they would be better off blowing it up.
Yeah I like Breschi but they have underperformed given the talent they've had.