2024 Yankees Season | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

ducks on the pond ...all we leave is ducks on the pond ...

ed52256f659c28ad4bc9a847dd51a9b0bfc4c21d.jpeg

Just don’t think the team has nearly enough on offense to make a deep run. Disappointing after the start. Maybe Verdugo remembers how to hit. Maybe Stanton and Rizzo come back and don’t get hurt again (and remember how to hit). Maybe Torres…. Maybe DJ….. nope.

Lineup is rough. Judge and Soto need to play 150+ games but they also have to be there in the playoffs otherwise no chance.

Would be nice if Volpe could get back to hitting like 0.270….

Just don’t think the team has nearly enough on offense to make a deep run. Disappointing after the start. Maybe Verdugo remembers how to hit. Maybe Stanton and Rizzo come back and don’t get hurt again (and remember how to hit). Maybe Torres…. Maybe DJ….. nope.

Lineup is rough. Judge and Soto need to play 150+ games but they also have to be there in the playoffs otherwise no chance.

Would be nice if Volpe could get back to hitting like 0.270….
Problem is job for life Cashman was counting on too many maybes for this year's roster.

While I'm glad Rodon got the double digit K's it's performances like this that make him even more frustrating on those days he gives the Yankees no chance to win because you know days like today are in there.

JUAN SOTO keeping free agent options open.

"Soto did claim that winning would be his top priority, but he is on a Hall of Fame trajectory and will likely receive one of the largest contracts in North American sports history. Soto claims that he isn't thinking about it, however. Instead, he's enjoying his time attempting to win with the Yankees."

link MSN

Last edited:
Even those that have defended Gleybor this year must have had enough by now.Just absolutely maddening watching him play baseball.

He's costing himself a lot of money in this walk year. Strikes out 1 in every 4 plate appearances (4.45 but I'm rounding). Last year was 1 in 7. OPS of .647 vs .800 last year.

I still hope he can heat up and find some of last year's form. The team really needs it. The Soto/Judge show can't do it all.

I don’t think the batting order matters much, but it is time to stop pretending someone will establish himself as a table setter. Just lead off with Soto and Judge. At least they will have a better chance of batting late in the game.

I don’t think the batting order matters much, but it is time to stop pretending someone will establish himself as a table setter. Just lead off with Soto and Judge. At least they will have a better chance of batting late in the game.

The Phillies have been successful with Kyle Schwarber batting leadoff for the past 3 seasons. Over 50% of his plate appearances in the past 3 years have been a K, BB or HR.

Last year he stole 0 bases in 160 games. Oddly has 4 this year and had 10 in 2022. But hardly a threat.

No sense forcing a prototype leadoff hitter if you don't have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom