2024 Yankees Season | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

Why do they DH Grisham and not give guys like Soto, judge days off from the field?

I feel bad for DJ LeMahieu. Bats like he has no confidence and is just guessing. I know he's been injured the last two years, but he's 36 and shows no signs he's coming back. Worse, his plate performance has declined every year since 2020. I fear he's nearing the end of his time in NY.

I feel bad for DJ LeMahieu. Bats like he has no confidence and is just guessing. I know he's been injured the last two years, but he's 36 and shows no signs he's coming back. Worse, his plate performance has declined every year since 2020. I fear he's nearing the end of his time in NY.

They still owe him the equivalent of 1.8 million chicken buckets if they waive him.

He would be fine in a utility role (and probably be able to provide solid defense at multiple positions and something offensively), but they're asking way too much from him now out of necessity. I don't see them eating his contract anytime soon.

DFA time

They still owe him the equivalent of 1.8 million chicken buckets if they waive him.
Maybe they can work out a Settlement like Kramer got for free coffee for the rest of his life. He gets a chicken bucket whenever he wants one. It would allow the Yankees to spread the payment over a long period of time. Could even tie it in to an annual DJ Lemahieu Day like the Mets have with Bobby Bonilla Day.

Last edited:
I will preemptively address the Gleyber leading-off outrage. If it's not Soto or Judge, it does not matter who is leading-off. Here are the on-base-percentages for everyone with at least 100 plate appearances:

Judge .439
Soto .432

Wells .325
Torres .307
Volpe. .307
Trevino .303
Stanton .302
Cabrera .293
Grisham .293
Rice .292
Verdugo .289
Rizzo .289
LeMahieu .275

Gosh, that's ugly!

I will preemptively address the Gleyber leading-off outrage. If it's not Soto or Judge, it does not matter who is leading-off. Here are the on-base-percentages for everyone with at least 100 plate appearances:

Judge .439
Soto .432

Wells .325
Torres .307
Volpe. .307
Trevino .303
Stanton .302
Cabrera .293
Grisham .293
Rice .292
Verdugo .289
Rizzo .289
LeMahieu .275

Gosh, that's ugly!
I'm just afraid he'll line a clean base hit to the outfield and forget to run to first base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom