Women's Lacrosse - 2025 Recruiting | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2025 Recruiting

Might want to watch Joes press conference after he lost to SU before you comment on this. Dad wouldn’t have to hold a gun to her head the kids will do whatever he says and vice versa

I saw the press conference.

He said he was pissed about using a tent at halftime, although SU offered him the use of the Ensley Center and he turned it down.

He was really pissed that Stony Brook wasn't a seeded team and hosting 1st and 2nd round games on Long Island. There's no way that SB should have been up against SU in a 2nd round matchup, but the NCAA favors geography over fairness.

Good thing Clemson doesn't have a mens team. Likely reaction to her father's upset in how his team was treated in the NCAA Tournament at Cuse? Maybe there was more to the story about this and the rumors about Joey. Hmmmm. Quite an embarrassment.
I don't think enough credit is being given to Clemson. When they decide to participate in a sport, they are serious about competing.

Their young softball program made the NCAA tournament in their second or third season and their women's lax has recruited very well in their third year as a program.

Idk maybe it’s just me but seeing her ig post and not seeing any of the cuse girls/recruits not congratulate her is strange I feel. Girls are first usually really really congratulatory to each other.
Am I wrong ? Or is it just to early for them to start saying congrats?

Syracuse destroyed them on their so called fancy stadium that holds maybe a 1000 people. SU girls played for 2-3x that consistently with all their games on TV
This. In the end turf is turf, grass is grass, and a locker is a locker.

Giving up superior coaching, teammates, lacrosse culture, fan support, etc., to jump at new bells in whistles is short sighted.

Kids will be kids, but when you have the pick of the litter and you go for the flimsy shiny thing over the well-built solid thing, I have to question the thought process.

BC, UMD, Northwestern, Syracuse, UNC, all have great facilities, established staffs, established cultures, winning programs, etc.

I think it’s dumb I’m posting this here but it really applies to any college sport.

Last edited:
Why would Cuse girls congratulate her she is now an opponent. Reminds me a lot of the Wurzburger situation after she switched to UNC she was supposed to be the second coming of Christ as well somehow Syracuse survived without her. Next year is going to be difficult SU is young all over the field and now has atleast 1 less high end recruit maybe 2 less to help bolster the team in 2026

I saw the press conference.

He said he was pissed about using a tent at halftime, although SU offered him the use of the Ensley Center and he turned it down.

He was really pissed that Stony Brook wasn't a seeded team and hosting 1st and 2nd round games on Long Island. There's no way that SB should have been up against SU in a 2nd round matchup, but the NCAA favors geography over fairness.
He should have been astatic to play Syracuse he had already beat them. His team fails to schedule enough quality opponents to merit them getting a higher seed. Whose fault would that be?my guess is he just cost his team yet another quality opponent. He is also staunchly opposed to face guarding If I’m coach Watkjns I’m not allowing. Alexa to touch a ball

Not an avid follower and I know the brother is good but has he lived up to the hype? Sometimes these rankings are skewed as time goes by.

He should have been astatic to play Syracuse he had already beat them. His team fails to schedule enough quality opponents to merit them getting a higher seed. Whose fault would that be?my guess is he just cost his team yet another quality opponent. He is also staunchly opposed to face guarding If I’m coach Watkjns I’m not allowing. Alexa to touch a ball
He’s notorious for being difficult. I was surprised he was letting his daughter play for Kayla to begin with. Not surprised by this at all. He’s still annoyed he didn’t get the gig over her too.

As I stated on men’s board have a close connection to family There’s another part to this that hasn’t surfaced Alexa leaving has nothing to do with Stony Brook vs Cuse

As I stated on men’s board have a close connection to family There’s another part to this that hasn’t surfaced Alexa leaving has nothing to do with Stony Brook vs Cuse
Are you Rick Beardsley?

It all goes back to Dad I just wish she had never committed at all. SU would have had recruited someone else now they will probably lose 2 .

It all goes back to Dad I just wish she had never committed at all. SU would have had recruited someone else now they will probably lose 2 .
It’s my understanding dad wanted them all together for obvious reasons so you are misinformed I know this for a fact. There are other things apparently spoken about on fanlax internally at Cuse that I believe had impact

Because she was supposedly upset when Markey told her she was leaving? Or this other rumor that no one wants to say but apparently is public knowledge in many circles just not mine LOL

I get both sides of the situation Markey wants to go elsewhere now that all her friends have graduated but I can see where Kayla might not be happy about giving her scholarship money to sit on the sidelines for a year and half and party with her friends then jumps
To Florida when she’s healthy but I’m missing something more I do think Joe Spallina has an axe to grind Kayla it’s very obvious. Maybe he is justified in someway I don’t know about

Perhaps she thinks she has a better chance winning a National Championship at Clemson?
and/or ultimately being the historical face of the program without having to compete with all the great players that have been part of the long history of the Syr WLAX program, including her coach.

Possible don’t believe it to be the case but it is the reason and Myles and Lyle gave for going to Albany

I trust rumors from Fanlax about as much as I trust stock tips from the guy who cleans toilets at the bus station.
Agreed and either way she’s not coming nor is Eisfield per the internet anyway. Wouldn’t be as bad if they’re 2 best offensive recruits from last year weren’t recovering from ACL’s

Agreed and either way she’s not coming nor is Eisfield per the internet anyway. Wouldn’t be as bad if they’re 2 best offensive recruits from last year weren’t recovering from ACL’s
Recovery from an ACL is always a question. The player who is on her third ACL tear? How likely is that she will ever play?

Recovery from an ACL is always a question. The player who is on her third ACL tear? How likely is that she will ever play?
Very legitimate question incredibly sad she is an amazing talent that the world may never see but that diagnosis is way above my pay grade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom