2025 Transfer Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

A poster over at FanLax seems to have gotten their hands on the full list of transfer portal entrants. I didn't notice any new notable names, but someone with a more discerning eye might catch something I didn't. No Syracuse players listed. Will Hardy, who was a freshman at Jacksonville and is from Tully and the Syracuse-Hardy line, is in the portal.

And, for what it is worth, there are a lot of rumors swirling on the site that Owen Duffy from UNC might enter the portal. It might just be a game of telephone gone wrong, but there is a lot of smoke. Would certainly draw a lot of attention. One poster (with very few posts) said word in the Hopkins world is Duffy might be Homewood bound. No one backed that up, but felt worth sharing.

Will Hardy was at UAlbany this season.

Along with Aimone, Xanders has tweeted that Jack VanValkenberg, goalie from Albany and Matt Caputo, attackman from Ohio State are in the portal.

Along with Aimone, Xanders has tweeted that Jack VanValkenberg, goalie from Albany and Matt Caputo, attackman from Ohio State are in the portal.

The same Jack Van from FM right?

Anyone hearing anything on Marquez White? Also, Rocco Moreno, the backup fogo on Towson, is apparently in the portal. He's an Albany area kid that played for Orange Crush. I dont think Syracuse will be involved. I suspect Albany will though with Endres being out of eligibility.

Anyone hearing anything on Marquez White? Also, Rocco Moreno, the backup fogo on Towson, is apparently in the portal. He's an Albany area kid that played for Orange Crush. I dont think Syracuse will be involved. I suspect Albany will though with Endres being out of eligibility.

Believe White is foregoing his final season of eligibility.

I think I saw somewhere that White was looking at med schools and that he wasn't using his extra year of eligibility. I could be wrong, already lots of misinformation out there it seems!

dont get your hopes up on hackler

but hey at least you're not rutgers...

Ugh, that's a huge bummer. Syracuse desperately needs help at SSDM. That was a link that made a lot of sense. A bit mystified as to what is going on at that position for the Orange. It is extremely thin. Not a lot of options out there in terms of the portal as of now.

Anyone know how much of impact Petro had on transfers last year? The Orange did a great job bringing in 5th years last year, but that was before Petro left for UNC. So far SU has only brought in one player (Grace from RIT). I am probably over-reacting here, but getting a little concerned with the lack of guys coming in.

Ugh, that's a huge bummer. Syracuse desperately needs help at SSDM. That was a link that made a lot of sense. A bit mystified as to what is going on at that position for the Orange. It is extremely thin. Not a lot of options out there in terms of the portal as of now.

Anyone know how much of impact Petro had on transfers last year? The Orange did a great job bringing in 5th years last year, but that was before Petro left for UNC. So far SU has only brought in one player (Grace from RIT). I am probably over-reacting here, but getting a little concerned with the lack of guys coming in.

The quality of player in the transfer portal is going to be way down for the foreseeable future. Really, that is probably not the best way to even categorize it. Rather than free agency with a bunch of really good players looking for new opportunities, its going to be the later blooming grad student, players looking to "move up," and players looking for a fresh start. Guys like Stevens, English, Wright, and Mule, who were essentially sure things, will be unicorns as transfers.

Hackler to Hopkins. Huge need for Hopkins, but Syracuse had the same need. Now the Jays have turned it back into a strength with both Yale guys. Syracuse still twiddling thumbs. Really frustrating.

All you can do is try with these guys. We will get ours too. I am not worried, and along with Rice I think Levine will still be worthy of a spot in the top 4 ssdms next year. Hop is replacing their entire top 4 at ssdm so still will be looking less quality at that spot next season despite the Hackler add. Curious if they actually use him in a two way role. Has not been their MO so far. We put English and Stevens in that spot this past season so I thought that would maybe help attract Hackler. Oh well.

Hackler to Hopkins. Huge need for Hopkins, but Syracuse had the same need. Now the Jays have turned it back into a strength with both Yale guys. Syracuse still twiddling thumbs. Really frustrating.

Hackler is a big get, mainly because of his versatility. Monfort we will see. Keep in mind this is Yale's defense we are talking about.

The quality of player in the transfer portal is going to be way down for the foreseeable future. Really, that is probably not the best way to even categorize it. Rather than free agency with a bunch of really good players looking for new opportunities, its going to be the later blooming grad student, players looking to "move up," and players looking for a fresh start. Guys like Stevens, English, Wright, and Mule, who were essentially sure things, will be unicorns as transfers.

True, but with this being the last year of the Ivy League transfer rules, it feels like a missed opportunity. Perhaps Stevens and English coming from Princeton got my hopes up (beforehand I wouldn't have expected Ivy League kids to look at Syracuse). Again, SSDM is a screaming need, and there were players in the portal that might have helped there. I am not sure what plan B is now.

I'm frustrated. I hate to be a Debby Downer, but since Saturday's loss, it feels like only bad vibes around this program right now, with Hackler choosing Hopkins, with no recent transfers incoming, and with rumors swirling of a big name player wanting to leave. Things can certainly turn around (the rumored player stays, another big transfer commits), but with all the team should return next year, it feels like things should be more positive. Again, probably overreacting.

True, but with this being the last year of the Ivy League transfer rules, it feels like a missed opportunity. Perhaps Stevens and English coming from Princeton got my hopes up (beforehand I wouldn't have expected Ivy League kids to look at Syracuse). Again, SSDM is a screaming need, and there were players in the portal that might have helped there. I am not sure what plan B is now.

I'm frustrated. I hate to be a Debby Downer, but since Saturday's loss, it feels like only bad vibes around this program right now, with Hackler choosing Hopkins, with no recent transfers incoming, and with rumors swirling of a big name player wanting to leave. Things can certainly turn around (the rumored player stays, another big transfer commits), but with all the team should return next year, it feels like things should be more positive. Again, probably overreacting.
if it's any consolation, cuse was not even 2nd place for hackler lol

the rumor was that he and monfort were something of a package deal, so once monfort picked hop, they also became the heavy favorite for hackler. not unlike stevens and english last year. you win some you lose some...

Good pickup for Hop, they need ssdm probably as bad as we do. Cuse will have to do something, not sure we csn go into next year without at least one addition. I know Kempney was just getting his first taste of ssdm. Maybe he takes to it.

I hear you and feel your pain. I've been worried all season about possible significant transfers out and if it happened whether it would be because of a negative vote of confidence of the coaching staff (esp HC and OC). Agree a concern about any big player transferring out but my concern isn't just one but if it is more than one. So far no hint of that. So far. And I read into the original post on the one that the word huge wasn't in all caps. (maybe I'm reaching.) So far I'm choosing not to be negative, at least until I am given actual reason to be. (I will admit though that I'm checking this and the roster threads much too often.) Let's stay positive as long as we can.

Might have to move someone with a pole who has the footwork to play SSDM like they did with Clary last yr. Unfortunately he got hurt but he would have been solid all yr if he didn't go down. As an O middie I really wish they would take a shot with Johnny Hacket the Bryant transfer. That kid is so skilled and athletic he would slide right in and be a huge dodging presence this team needs. It's a jump up in comp to the ACC but Logan McGovern did well coming from Bryant and this kid is bigger faster stronger and more athletic then McGovern. If anyone has a chance to check out a few Bryant games this past yr take a look at him. U will see what I'm saying. Fits in with great stick skills then speed and athleticism to dodge. I also believe he has 2 yrs of eligibility left too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom