2028 Olympics | Syracusefan.com

2028 Olympics

Flag football? Are you shiiiitttinggg me?

I've got two pairs more - "synchronized swimming" and "synchronized diving".
Rhythmic gymnastics. I can't decide if I prefer ribbon, clubs, or ball.

(Any "sport" that requires a judge's decision to pick a winner is suspect, in my opinion.)

Rhythmic gymnastics. I can't decide if I prefer ribbon, clubs, or ball.

(Any "sport" that requires a judge's decision to pick a winner is suspect, in my opinion.)
Exactly. If it does not have an objective scoring system it is not a sport. It is probably a recreation. Gymnastics and figure skating are also toward the top of my list. How exactly do you differentiate between a 9.7 and a 9.6?

Exactly. If it does not have an objective scoring system it is not a sport. It is probably a recreation. Gymnastics and figure skating are also toward the top of my list. How exactly do you differentiate between a 9.7 and a 9.6?

I might agree with you, except for the fact I can go to the football board and find a thread about ACC officials making bad calls that cost Syracuse wins.

Human judgement is heavily involved in most sports, so having an “objective scoring system” is a pretty arbitrary criteria.

I might agree with you, except for the fact I can go to the football board and find a thread about ACC officials making bad calls that cost Syracuse wins.

Human judgement is heavily involved in most sports, so having Ann”objective scoring system” is a pretty arbitrary criteria.
While rule interpretation is a variable in any sport, at least with an objective scoring system you come a lot closer to having an idea of who's ahead and what the team/individual behind has to do to win.

Despite all the criticism, the Olympic sport that has the clearest picture of who will win the gold medal is Modern Pentathlon. You get competition points based on objective criteria: when you ride a horse that's not your own (finishing the course in X time gives you Y points with deductions for knocking off a rail), shoot a pistol, fence, and swim. The fifth event actually determines the winner. It's a 3 km cross-country run with the points leader going first with a head start based his points lead. The first runner across the finish line wins the gold medal.

While rule interpretation is a variable in any sport, at least with an objective scoring system you come a lot closer to having an idea of who's ahead and what the team/individual behind has to do to win.

Despite all the criticism, the Olympic sport that has the clearest picture of who will win the gold medal is Modern Pentathlon. You get competition points based on objective criteria: when you ride a horse that's not your own (finishing the course in X time gives you Y points with deductions for knocking off a rail), shoot a pistol, fence, and swim. The fifth event actually determines the winner. It's a 3 km cross-country run with the points leader going first with a head start based his points lead. The first runner across the finish line wins the gold medal.

You start out in the Olympic Village with $100, a box of condoms, and a thermos full of coffee, and whoever can visit the most countries wins.

There’s specific criteria judges use in gymnastics or boxing or figure skating, and they can be asked to defend their scoring. It’s not like two drunk guys randomly rating the chick at the end of the bar. If you can’t tell who won 90% of the time in those sports before the scores are posted, it’s likely a lack of knowledge of the sport on your part, not arbitrary scoring.

And there’s way too many games like the No pass interference Rams-Saints game, or the Giants losing to the 49ers on a bogus illegal man downfield call, or Tim Donaghy stories for me to take a rebuttal of any judging scandals seriously.

You start out in the Olympic Village with $100, a box of condoms, and a thermos full of coffee, and whoever can visit the most countries wins.

I lived in an apartment complex in Conyers, GA back in the late 90s. The complex was built to house Olympic athletes for the ‘96 Olympics, mainly for equestrian events I think. The manager was there for the Olympics as well, he said it was completely out of control once athlete’s events got finished. One story was that multiple times a day he’d have to go out and yell at the athletes that hooking up in public in the pool was not allowed.

So I think. based on that, athletes would feel the thermos of coffee was extra weight just slowing them down and they drop it to the ground instantly.

Should be interesting:

"The 2028 Games will feature men’s and women’s sixes — a fast-paced, high-scoring hybrid of box and field lacrosse with smaller rosters, shorter games and more relatable rules. World Lacrosse created the discipline with the Olympics in mind, but it has also served as a catalyst of the sport’s growth worldwide."

Should be interesting. You'd think the US & Canada would be big favorites for gold medals.

Should be interesting:

"The 2028 Games will feature men’s and women’s sixes — a fast-paced, high-scoring hybrid of box and field lacrosse with smaller rosters, shorter games and more relatable rules. World Lacrosse created the discipline with the Olympics in mind, but it has also served as a catalyst of the sport’s growth worldwide."

Should be interesting. You'd think the US & Canada would be big favorites for gold medals.
world lacrosse created the discipline of short-sided games? my cul-de-sac would disagree. casey powell probably would, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom