28k on Monday? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

28k on Monday?

It’ll be more than 2. And it’s his last semester...take no chances. And it’s his bday tomorrow and has a few friends from other colleges ataying the weekend. So...plus he has to work 1/2 the day Monday and Tuesday. Lol. Busy boy.
Sounds like a good kid who has his priorities straight. Well done Dad.

I know I know, I had pretty good grades but also did a bunch of things while I should have been studying haha. (It was actually knowing someone at the company that got me in the door lol) Its not what you know but who you know! Good luck to your son

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a junior recognized on senior day.

it would be interesting if they asked what players intended to leave and make those guys part of the ceremony.

Also very informative. We have 11 recruited players on this team, (walk-ons can get scholarships), and 10 of them could theoretically be back. We've recruited 4 new guys and are looking for a fifth. You can't have 15 guys on scholarship and JB doesn't like much more than about 10, because the others guys will grouse about being stuck on the bench. I suspect JB expects to lose several guys who could come back and next year will be a very different team.

Lying on the resume not really a spectacular idea.

1551722200707.jpeg

Lying on the resume not really a spectacular idea.
Yeh I agree, I am almost 30 and have a ton of experience going for my specific position (I'm a fund accountant) but i leave my GPA off my resume altogether because a 2.8 isn't all that impressive. I've been asked by recruiters and even on an interview before what it was so I try to shy away from this.

On a side note if anyone needs or knows of any back office hedge fund/PE Fund job openings in Manhattan please let me know!!!

Unless you went to Harvard or another Ivy, leave GPA off the resume. My best friend is the Head of People for a BIG fortune 500 company and they laugh when people put gpas on resumes. Dont do it

Honestly, GPA doesn't matter as much as you might think. Practical experience, internships, what the degree is in and your interviewing/personal skills matter much more. Unless you're trying to get into a master's or post-grad program, GPA matters very little IMO.

Yeh I agree, I am almost 30 and have a ton of experience going for my specific position (I'm a fund accountant) but i leave my GPA off my resume altogether because a 2.8 isn't all that impressive. I've been asked by recruiters and even on an interview before what it was so I try to shy away from this.

On a side note if anyone needs or knows of any back office hedge fund/PE Fund job openings in Manhattan please let me know!!!

Once you have experience, gpa doesn’t mean anything. It’s mainly for assessing new grads.

Announced 29K for UVa. UK did a tremendous job cooking the books to try and steal another attendance title from Syracuse. Not going to happen. UK might never win another attendance crown now.

Thought it was a fairly legit 29k too

Thought it was a fairly legit 29k too
Dude. Compare it to every 24,000 they announced this year. Check out the photos.
When there are 29,000 in the building, they have full sections on the other side of the 50 yard line. Concourses are packed. Extra concessions are open. This was a goofy figure.

Not even close. Student section was poor, not much behind the baskets in the third tier on either side. I guessed 22-23k...which is still damn good, just not for Syracuse vs #2 in the country.

The crowd last night was not even 23,000. I laughed when they announced the attendance last night.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

There were a few games earlier this season where I thought the announced attendance was far lower than the number of people there.

No way there were 29k last night though.

Does last night seal the attendance crown for us?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OK, question for you (this should be easy to convince the non-believers): how many seats are in the largest (midfield) 300-level sections? It's about 800, if I remember correctly. Should be easy to count 100% empty sections, subtract from the Duke total, and recognize that they weren't within 8,000 of the announced figure.

It's wild that SU pushed this 29k lie last night, especially after their straight-faced "we count tickets scanned" minor fib for the past few years. I'm sure they didn't even sell 25,000 for UVa. As you know, even if people get into the building and want to move down to better seats where somebody no-showed, there will still be scattered people who stay in their purchased seats. That'd mean there would be at least some people east of midfield, some people to the right of the student overflow. But there weren't. And the top of 314 was totally empty as well.

That was really weird. As I said, more ridiculous than any stunt Gross ever pulled with attendance.

Too bad they didn't do one of those gigapixel photos for this game. We would have counted how many people were actually there. Each of us could have taken a section and posted the result and then the administrators could have have added it up or something.

OK, question for you (this should be easy to convince the non-believers): how many seats are in the largest (midfield) 300-level sections? It's about 800, if I remember correctly. Should be easy to count 100% empty sections, subtract from the Duke total, and recognize that they weren't within 8,000 of the announced figure.

It's wild that SU pushed this 29k lie last night, especially after their straight-faced "we count tickets scanned" minor fib for the past few years. I'm sure they didn't even sell 25,000 for UVa. As you know, even if people get into the building and want to move down to better seats where somebody no-showed, there will still be scattered people who stay in their purchased seats. That'd mean there would be at least some people east of midfield, some people to the right of the student overflow. But there weren't. And the top of 314 was totally empty as well.

That was really weird. As I said, more ridiculous than any stunt Gross ever pulled with attendance.

You're not too far off - I never want to be too detailed in my attendance ridiculing but 29k is laugh out loud funny. Remember this folks... season ticket holders are already counted in the number, no matter what. If there's 15k regular and 3k student season ticket holders + 7k single game tickets sold that's a 25k announced attendance, even when there's only 19-20 in the building.

They've been decent about reading the room to fib with these numbers too because sometimes the naked eye can tell "no what that's X,000 people" but this 29k is unbelievable lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom