3-0 | Syracusefan.com

3-0

jdubs30

Living Legend
Great way to start our ACC career, but look at these defensive numbers through the first 3 games:

47 points allowed per game
55/140 from the field (39%)
16/55 from 3 (29%)
37 turnovers
17 blocks
+ 24 rebounds

We're just on another level defensively right now. You can tell the ACC will have trouble adjusting to the zone, they've never seen anything like it. We haven't allowed more than 65 pts since Baylor in Maui (67pts).

With a 2 game lead over Duke we're in a great spot. If we protect home court, split with Duke and split with Pitt, we'll be in a perfect spot. Pitt is good, but I think they'll slip up at some point and the only other ACC team without a loss is UVA. Maybe it's the ACC this year, maybe it's this team, but I can't see us losing a "trap" game in this conference, this team is all business.

We need to win a tough road game - Duke or Pitt will do - and then I'll start the coronation music.

After yesterday, Pitt looks significantly better than Duke. This is looking like a very rare down year for the ACC.

i hate the low scoring games.

kill me all you want, but this is exactly what we made fun of the b10 for 2 years ago.

i do love 16-0... but if you are going to glorify our games now - man (or woman) up and say you were wrong in making fun of the b10 because im pretty sure every single person on this forum hated this style when it wasnt us playing it.

kill me all you want, but this is exactly what we made fun of the b10 for 2 years ago.

i do love 16-0... but if you are going to glorify our games now - man (or woman) up and say you were wrong in making fun of the b10 because im pretty sure every single person on this forum hated this style when it wasnt us playing it.

I love winning much more than I love uptempo basketball. If this it what it takes to be an elite winner, than I'm all for it.

gotta force more turnovers, though. The rest, me likey.

Big10 is grind it out, pound the air out of the ball, type of basketball. We still want to run and score in transition. The Miami game was rough offensively, but I don't think we're aiming for 55-50 type games. I think this year moreso than years in the past we can win games in the 40s,50,60s,70s and 80s. If a team wants to try to run with us (like Cal and Indiana) we can do it; if a team wants to kill the shotclock and limit possessions, we can do that too.

Defense has been picking it up recently, but these games lately have been so slow as well. The game yesterday was the first ACC game to crack 60 possessions, hitting it on the number. The average defensive possession against us takes 19.9 seconds, which is 350th in the country (there are 351 teams. Arizona is 351st, so maybe this isn't a bad thing)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom