3% chance of making the playoff as of today | Syracusefan.com

3% chance of making the playoff as of today

This is why I can’t wait for the 12 team expansion. Gives teams like us a chance to get in. And I don’t care if the percentage to win the whole thing would be zero %, being in is better than not.

Last edited:
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

That's fantastic and fun to think about. I go for daily runs and think of ridiculous hypotheticals to satiate my desire to laugh at myself.

I was thinking yesterday if Syracuse ran the table and lost in the ACC Championship (to say an unranked Miami) I wonder where that would place us? I would suspect we would be top 3-4 before the championship game and i'm also assuming Clemson lost to us and had 1 loss too.

I'm surprised that our "Win out" percentage is <1%, but our chance of making the playoff is 3%. I would assume that they are directly related.

I'm surprised that our "Win out" percentage is <1%, but our chance of making the playoff is 3%. I would assume that they are directly related.
If we lost one regular season game and won the ACC title, we would still be directly in the playoff mix.

Simple. Running the table ruins our opportunity to have a quality loss.

CFP would be mind blowing obviously but give me the Orange bowl and I’ll be over the moon. No matter what though, for me an ACC title would be the ultimate prize.

If we beat Clemson, our playoff chances become very real — increasing from 7% to 28%.

Heck you had me at 7%

Last edited:
If we beat Clemson, our playoff chances become very real — increasing from 7% to 27%.

yeah...if we pull it off and all favs win:
Ohio State - 66%
GA - 53%
Mich - 50%
Tenn - 38%
==========
Bama
Ole Miss - ALL 28%
SYRACUSE

Wild.

SEC is gonna be the issue not matter what we do. GA runs the table they are in.. Then Tenn needs to run the table as well to stay ahead of Ala. But if Tenn runs the table with a close GA win and Ala/Ga but go 11-1. Who goes ahead of them? or GA runs the table with a close Tenn win and Tenn 12-1 /Ala 11-1.

OSu/Mich Winner is in but that might leave one of them 11-1

then TCU runs the table or SU or Clemson or Ole Miss goes 12-1 with a close loss to Ga

But what If ole Miss wins out now.. Tenn/Ga go 11-1/12-1 and Ole Miss is 12-0 they get in.. Or Ala Wins out and goes 12-1 GA or Tenn 12-1 then Ole miss is 11-1.

gonna be the year for more than 4 teams?

Seasons like this are why I am never in favor of playing excessively easy schedules. Some posters advocate for a non-conference schedule of Colgate, Army, OCC, and Bryant and Stratton in order to maximize our chances of playing in the <insert December Bowl game that nobody will remember the results of 5 minutes after it ends>, but this year when we actually have a chance of making the playoff, our solid non-conference slate (Purdue and ND) will help us.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom