60's Songs | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

60's Songs

So, on to the 60s.

To me, the 60s were the best decade for music. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Supremes, Petula Clark, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, and on and on and on --- just a tremendous amount of musical talent, the depth of quality songs and the variety can't be beat by any other decade in my mind. At least 3 songs from the 60s are in my top ten songs of all-time.

I lost my internet access at home for a little while, I'm at a library and I don't know how many I'll be able to post. I've also had to get 2 new credit cards due to fraudulent charges on my old ones --- hard to get new net access quickly without them.

I don't think any of these have been posted, apologies if any have. I'll go opposite of what I normally do, I'll go with the best on top.
Glad to have you back brother, and sorry about the problems you had. You need a hired goon to rough some of these crumb bums up? I got your back.

Mobile now, but still, I've slowed down a lot with the music threads. You're doing a great job though and I appreciate it.

I will be slowing down this month also, but this thread looks to be in good hands.

Outstanding stuff. :cool:

So, on to the 60s.

To me, the 60s were the best decade for music. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Supremes, Petula Clark, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, and on and on and on --- just a tremendous amount of musical talent, the depth of quality songs and the variety can't be beat by any other decade in my mind. At least 3 songs from the 60s are in my top ten songs of all-time.

I lost my internet access at home for a little while, I'm at a library and I don't know how many I'll be able to post. I've also had to get 2 new credit cards due to fraudulent charges on my old ones --- hard to get new net access quickly without them.

I don't think any of these have been posted, apologies if any have. I'll go opposite of what I normally do, I'll go with the best on top.

Man, there are just so many great songs and artists from this decade (the radio hits and the more under the radar stuff, the "stars" and the lesser known acts) that I wouldn't know how to narrow down my favorite songs. :cool:

Glad to have you back brother, and sorry about the problems you had. You need a hired goon to rough some of these crumb bums up? I got your back.

Thanks tee. I'm trying to figure out which way to go as far as getting new internet access, I'm leaning towards EarthLink, too bad they don't accept PayPal. I'll get there eventually.

Man, there are just so many great songs and artists from this decade (the radio hits and the more under the radar stuff, the "stars" and the lesser known acts) that I wouldn't know how to narrow down my favorite songs. :cool:

There certainly are a lot of great 60s songs and everyone has posted some of my favorites including you of course. Whenever I think about my all-time favorites, "Pretty Ballerina" and "California Dreamin'" always make the cut so that's why I mentioned them. Of course, it's not an exact science and my tastes do change but those 2 stand out to this little boy. At the moment I'd probably put "After All" by Delirium (Jael) and "Lights" by Ellie Goulding in my top 5 too, so it's not like I'm stuck in my youth. ;)

The Chad Mitchell Trio did some brilliant political satire, which is why they didn't always get a lot of airtime on the radio :) ...

[song: The John Birch Society]

"No, you can't chop your papa up in Massachusetts,
Massachusetts is a far cry from New York ... " :)

[song: Lizzie Borden]

Studio sound engineers could make average singers sound good. If anyone ever had any doubts about this singer's pipes this should put that thought to rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom