60's Songs | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

60's Songs

Best is Yet to Come - Frank Sinatra. He had some big hits in the 60's - Fly me to the Moon on and on. The Rat Pack had plenty of huge hits in the '60's. Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr etc.

Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime

The 60's were absolutely loaded. Then there are guys like Andy Williams, Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, Tony Bennett etc for your "classic" pop hit songs too. So many great musical genres in that era.

Best is Yet to Come - Frank Sinatra. He had some big hits in the 60's - Fly me to the Moon on and on. The Rat Pack had plenty of huge hits in the '60's. Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr etc.

---
I love Sinatra's singing. I've got a closet full of Sinatra albums...but...I think he did his best stuff in the mid to late 50's. Better material and his voice was absolutely perfect...his voice peaked in the 50's, but he was always great. The best.

---
I love Sinatra's singing. I've got a closet full of Sinatra albums...but...I think he did his best stuff in the mid to late 50's. Better material and his voice was absolutely perfect...his voice peaked in the 50's, but he was always great. The best.

Frank Sinatra and Syracuse and SU had a huge connection with Jimmy Van Heusen, a Syracuse native. He wrote many of Sinatra's songs in the 50's and was one of the great composers from the 40's through the early 60's, coincidentally the same timeframe of Sinatra's hey day. He was so close to Sinatra and Sinatra thought so much of his talent, that he's buried in the Sinatra family plot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom