7 wins in the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

7 wins in the ACC

Road record is a major separator from other teams. We have one of the best road records in the country, including THE single best road win.
I think you're right, the committee always talks about road wins, and we've really done well in that regard. Winning at NC State and at Clemson would really put a nice polish on our overall profile. But I'm greedy... I want the win at UNC, too!

Let's just win the next 5 and not worry about it. All winnable.

I don't often say this, but I feel like we have zero chance @ UNC, 2 days after the Duke madness.

We win THAT game, I'll assume we can do anything. ANY-thing.

BH65COW.png

Yeah, that's why all the shock year after year?
Because we’ve been on the bubble too much lately. But we all knew we were on the bubble.

Goal is to not be on the bubble. We know what it takes to not be on the bubble.

I think right now it's safer not to make any "lock" calls because of all of the variables, most noteably, the other teams who might be on the bubble if we end up there.

I think some bad teams are on the bubble and we won't be competing with them for a bid if we do lose more games than we'd like.

Pac 12 and Big East have 3 tournament teams combined UW, Marquette, Nova. We'd almost have to lose out to end up behind the other teams in those conferences. No A10 team will get an at large. We are the only one of the top 8 ACC teams not ranked and I think the league gets a 9th bid the tournament does need to take 68 teams they won't shrink the field because of a lack of good teams.

We are in good shape to get in. Getting a good seed is a different story and tbd.

Let's start talking the other direction, as the 5-8 lines on the matrix are not that much ahead of us.

Look at the 4 seed / 5 seed line before today

5 seeds
Villanova
Iowa St
LSU
Wisconsin

Let's win against BC and Florida St, then see how close we are getting to those teams.

OSU (14-7) is ranked where ? they get fewer votes than us.

4 acc road wins, we beat duke on the road and we’ve won against the bottom half of the conference. Is the jury still out on us being a truly really good team? Yes. But we’ve done exactly what we needed to so far in acc play which is not debateable. Your stance that we haven’t beat anyone outside of duke is true but obvious to any fan, pointless in that it’s not the discussion and annoying in that it’s soooooo played.

I get this, but none of the ACC’s upper crust played more than three games against fellow heavies yet. In other words, the whole ACC slate is back loaded. For all teams. Well done by the conference office if you ask me.
Which means that the bottom teams will end the season playing each other. One or two of them might stand out, but not in terms of Q1 wins. .

Let's start talking the other direction, as the 5-8 lines on the matrix are not that much ahead of us.

Look at the 4 seed / 5 seed line before today

5 seeds
Villanova
Iowa St
LSU
Wisconsin

Let's win against BC and Florida St, then see how close we are getting to those teams.

Ultimately I think this is where we are headed. Trending in the right direction.

Here is an interesting thing about our key OOC games. The NET is being much more favourable to us than the RPI.

UConn - Net 77, RPI 142 (Goal - Keep the NET below 100, to avoid bad loss)
Oregon - Net 57, RPI 70 (Goal -Get that NET up to 50 to get a Q1 loss instead of Q2)
Georgetown - Net 82, RPI 92 (Goal get that NET up to 75, to get a Q2 win)
Old Dominion - Net 87, RPI 99 (Goal - get the NET up to 75, to avoid bad loss)
Ohio St - Net 37, RPI 46 (Goal - keep the NET under 75, to keep as Q1 win)
Buffalo - Net 19, RPI 18 (Goal - Keep the NET below 30, so only a Q1 loss)

That UConn difference is amazing. It makes them look like an NIT Team rather then a dumpster fire.

As of now we would have 1 extra bad loss under the RPI. Old Dominion will also benefit more from the new system so it will easier tor them to maybe creep up to 75.

Last edited:
Look, I feel good(and not just from hitting the bottle and not being abused so far), but I just think the concept of talking lock right now is something that doesnt interest me for all that Ive seen in life...both here, and in real life.

SIX out of 9 remaining opponents are ranked. We've beaten how many opponents who are currently ranked? (and how many not missing 2 of their stars?). We lost to Georgia Tech at home...no Ben Lammers to blame this season either. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Jim Mora and "Playoffs?", but I'm choosing to chill for a bit.

I think the original question is valid and fun, but don't feel it's wise to dismiss/mock what Ive already said in the thread. I think my record over the years speaks for itself. There is still a lot of ball to be played, and not much right now would shock me.

That said, I hope that soon enough we will have more reason to be talking about seeds instead of making it in. The latter doesnt feel like the Cuse many of us remember, sadly. Be decent to each other, your points are valid, and we will know soon enough.

Look, I feel good(and not just from hitting the bottle and not being abused so far), but I just think the concept of talking lock right now is something that doesnt interest me for all that Ive seen in life...both here, and in real life.

SIX out of 9 remaining opponents are ranked. We've beaten how many opponents who are currently ranked? (and how many not missing 2 of their stars?). We lost to Georgia Tech at home...no Ben Lammers to blame this season either. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Jim Mora and "Playoffs?", but I'm choosing to chill for a bit.

I think the original question is valid and fun, but don't feel it's wise to dismiss/mock what Ive already said in the thread. I think my record over the years speaks for itself. There is still a lot of ball to be played, and not much right now would shock me.

That said, I hope that soon enough we will have more reason to be talking about seeds instead of making it in. The latter doesnt feel like the Cuse many of us remember, sadly.

The great thing is that no matter how often we all say "we",... is that we are not actually a part of the team. We can look ahead -- it doesn't matter.

Here is an interesting thing about our key OOC games. The NET is being much more favourable to us than the RPI.

UConn - Net 77, RPI 142 (Goal - Keep the NET below 100, to avoid bad loss)
Oregon - Net 57, RPI 70 (Goal -Get that NET up to 50 to get a Q1 loss instead of Q2)
Georgetown - Net 82, RPI 92 (Goal get that NET up to 75, to get a Q2 win)
Old Dominion - Net 87, RPI 99 (Goal - get the NET up to 75, to avoid bad loss)
Ohio St - Net 37, RPI 46 (Goal - keep the NET under 75, to keep as Q1 win)
Buffalo - Net 19, RPI 18 (Goal - Keep the NET below 30, so only a Q1 loss)

As of now we would have 1 extra bad loss under the RPI. Old Dominion will also benefit more from the new system so it will easier tor them to maybe creep up to 75.
Weird thing is, before today's games, we had a 40 RPI and 45 NET.
1549159526816.gif

The NCAA Net rankings (that replaced RPI) has us #45 going into today.
Contrast that with BPI #31 and KenPom #38.
So these new rankings the selection committee will use is not kind to us.

The great thing is that no matter how often we all say "we",... is that we are not actually a part of the team. We can look ahead -- it doesn't matter.

Agreed, but that's also part of the problem. No matter what brilliant essays we write, it's not going to stop things from happening. How many of us predicted Oshae to play as he has played most of the season? Not to mention, the original question was a number and not which, as others have also pointed out makes a difference.

The time to be tested is upon "us"(the team, as you point out). We will know soon enough, and this upcoming stretch should be very interesting. The back-heavy schedule that Bone keeps alluding to is an issue of reality.JB rarely lets me down, it's time to buckle up and (hopefully) enjoy this ride!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom