7 wins in the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

7 wins in the ACC

Agreed, but that's also part of the problem. No matter what brilliant essays we write, it's not going to stop things from happening. How many of us predicted Oshae to play as he has played most of the season? Not to mention, the original question was a number and not which, as others have also pointed out makes a difference.

The time to be tested is upon "us"(the team, as you point out). We will know soon enough.

I know this topic (and making trend assessments) fairly well, and have been doing it for several years and always this early. I don't need you to tell me at what time of the year I should start looking at it. Thanks.

Weird thing is, before today's games, we had a 40 RPI and 45 NET. View attachment 152149

One of the things the committee has not clarified is that whether it will use the NET as a measure to seed teams.

Under the old method, they said they ignore the individual RPI for seeding, but used the RPI to look at quality wins. But since they like the NET more, perhaps they will use it for seeding more then usual.

other than duke we've been bottom (carp) feeders in the league.
Have you looked at the ACC standings?

The top 6 teams have 1 or 2 losses. Leaving 9 other squads. Among that group is one team at .500. The other 8 are all under .500. So, it's really hard not to have played a lot of "carp". Pretty much all of the top 6 have that in common.

I really feel some people on here are underestimating the so called
Bottom feeders of this league. The bottom feeders would be mid to top three or four in any other league you see in the country.

In the last 4 seasons, the most road games that we have won the entire season was 4. To have 5 road wins already is really a great accomplishment and should bode well for us if we are in the bubble discussion. I mean, two years ago we didn't get our first road win of the season until February 1st.

One of the things the committee has not clarified is that whether it will use the NET as a measure to seed teams.

Under the old method, they said they ignore the individual RPI for seeding, but used the RPI to look at quality wins. But since they like the NET more, perhaps they will use it for seeding more then usual.
If we only have to look to you for seeding this year, that would be awesome.

I think you're right, the committee always talks about road wins, and we've really done well in that regard. Winning at NC State and at Clemson would really put a nice polish on our overall profile. But I'm greedy... I want the win at UNC, too!
I'm with you. The committee changes members every year, though, and sometimes it's like a box of chocolates.

I know this topic (and making trend assessments) fairly well, and have been doing it for several years and always this early. I don't need you to tell me at what time of the year I should start looking at it. Thanks.

I didn't. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Ive liked some of your stuff in the past, and suppose maybe I was just more focused on the 6 out of 9 being against ranked teams, when we've beaten 1 currently ranked team all season, than whatever the magic number of ACC wins will be.

Youve got me curious now. What is it?

Last edited:
There’s some evidence that we’re on the cusp of getting in.

And as my friend from Va Tech keeps reminding me, there’s also some evidence that we flat out suck.

I hope this will be resolved in the more positive direction.

Yeah that duke win at Cameron is gonna be so big in March and go far on selection Sunday cause i don't think duke will lose too many more games. Just hope one of those losses comes on February 23rd

I like doing everything in life with room to spare. If I have a meeting at Noon, I plan to be there at 11:40. If I want my team to play in the NCAA tourney, I want them to be in with like a 3 seed buffer at least. I'm not a risk taker.
Us risk takers like a buffer too.

We call it “Margin of Safety”

Last edited:
I like doing everything in life with room to spare. If I have a meeting at Noon, I plan to be there at 11:40. If I want my team to play in the NCAA tourney, I want them to be in with like a 3 seed buffer at least. I'm not a risk taker.

I'm not sure how you ever got on that plane in your recent trip abroad, let alone to such a city as incident/terrorist free as London. ;):)

I'm not sure how you ever got on that plane in your recent trip abroad, let alone to such a city as incident/terrorist free as London. ;):)

I'm confident that my wife would rescue me Liam Neeson-style if anyone tried to kidnap me overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom