8/13/15 Practice # 5 | Syracusefan.com

8/13/15 Practice # 5

CuseLegacy

sked1.png

Practice starts at 4:35 and the first 20 minutes are open to the media. Interviews with coordinators and players to follow practice.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 43s43 seconds ago Syracuse, NY
The big news from today's open portion of practice: freshman Kenterius Womack was doing drills with the wide receivers.

Junior Kendall Moore was back working with the tight ends. He spent the past 8 months trying to add weight and play center.

And the third big note: DT John Raymon was wearing a brace on his right elbow. He's listed as week to week with an upper-body injury.

chris carlson ‏@ccarlsononSU 1m1 minute ago Syracuse, NY
Couple #Syracuse players working out with new position groups today. Kenterius Womack (listed as QB) with WRs and Kendall Moore (OL) with TE

John Raymon (elbow in brace), Denzel Ward (ankle in brace), Tyler Provo still out.

Jesse Dougherty ‏@dougherty_jesse 18s19 seconds ago
New Syracuse AD Mark Coyle heading toward training camp as the media exits. First time I've seen him, but we also aren't there all day.

John Raymon has a brace on his right elbow. Shafer said yesterday he is "week-to-week" with an upper-body injury.

In the punt return game: Safety Antwan Cordy was back taking punts today. Rest of the group was the same it's been last few days.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 15m15 minutes ago
Junior Kendall Moore was back working with the tight ends. He spent the past 8 months trying to add weight and play center. I would guess he just couldn't put on the weight to hold up in the middle.

Last edited:
The move to WR for Womack this early in camp could potentially mean they want to get him on the field this year. Just speculation, but I don't see why you'd switch him to WR and get him working with that position group THIS early in his career unless you wanted to get him fully prepared to play ASAP.

Where would Womack fit on the WR depth chart if he were to make the switch (and not redshirt)?

I tossed this out as a possibility last week to Bailey - Womack for express back, potentially?

John Kinder went to wide receiver too, how'd that work out?

John Kinder wasn't a freak athlete... and wasn't moved to WR immediately. You're learning the same playbook at WR as you would at QB so won't hinder his learning curve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom