8/13/15 Practice # 5 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

8/13/15 Practice # 5

He's still practicing at QB as well. The staff also has to realize that if they can't win now, they might get not be around to see him develop as a QB. If he can get on the field this year as a WR and help the team win, so be it.

Chances are he isn't going to play this year at any position, he's going to redshirt. You need dynamic QB's to win at this level. Doesn't matter if he is a great WR if there is nobody to get him the ball. Wasn't there like 93 schools, or something ridiculous that came affter him once he was discovered? One of the offers was from Arizona, and Rich Rod, and the offer was for QB. If he was good enough to get offered at QB, and Arizona, I think he should at least get a FULL training camp to try and develop as a QB. Obviously it seems he needs to work on some things just by reading some practice reports. I don't see how it does him, or the team for that matters, any good if he isn't able to practice FULL time with the QB's. Getting 50% of the work as other QB's do would equate to not getting a fair shot. Kid has too much potential, and brings too much athleticism to the practice not to be groomed 110% at QB, which is really the only position that matters.

anomander said:
Chances are he isn't going to play this year at any position, he's going to redshirt. You need dynamic QB's to win at this level. Doesn't matter if he is a great WR if there is nobody to get him the ball. Wasn't there like 93 schools, or something ridiculous that came affter him once he was discovered? One of the offers was from Arizona, and Rich Rod, and the offer was for QB. If he was good enough to get offered at QB, and Arizona, I think he should at least get a FULL training camp to try and develop as a QB. Obviously it seems he needs to work on some things just by reading some practice reports. I don't see how it does him, or the team for that matters, any good if he isn't able to practice FULL time with the QB's. Getting 50% of the work as other QB's do would equate to not getting a fair shot. Kid has too much potential, and brings too much athleticism to the practice not to be groomed 110% at QB, which is really the only position that matters.

Unless he's such a good athlete AND Dungey is killing it - then you'd rather have him getting WR reps so he can catch passes from D for four years :)

Unless he's such a good athlete AND Dungey is killing it - then you'd rather have him getting WR reps so he can catch passes from D for four years :)

I don't think you learn anything after just 3 practices. Dungey, or Womack. All that I know is we need an equalizer at QB. We are in the same division as FSU and Clemson. We aren't going to have the athletes they have man for man, BUT if your QB is that elite athlete it helps equalize the talent discrepancy.

Hey I fully admit I have no idea how good he is at QB, and I have no idea how good Dungey is. All I know is if he isn't going to get the same amounts of reps, and the same amount of time to develop at QB, then he isn't getting a fair shot at QB. Despite what they were saying after his recruitment I was very skeptical he would get a legit shot to win the QB job. I think this move proves it.

If Womack is working at WR does this mean the staff has questions about the other guys. Ish, Estime, Cornelius, Avant, Custis, Enoicy should all be ahead of him. How many WR are needed? Especially since this is a kid that probably needs a bit more work at QB in terms of mechanics.

And for all the "Shafer's staff doesn't make excuses".

anomander said:
I don't think you learn anything after just 3 practices. Dungey, or Womack. All that I know is we need an equalizer at QB. We are in the same division as FSU and Clemson. We aren't going to have the athletes they have man for man, BUT if your QB is that elite athlete it helps equalize the talent discrepancy. Hey I fully admit I have no idea how good he is at QB, and I have no idea how good Dungey is. All I know is if he isn't going to get the same amounts of reps, and the same amount of time to develop at QB, then he isn't getting a fair shot at QB. Despite what they were saying after his recruitment I was very skeptical he would get a legit shot to win the QB job. I think this move proves it.

Could be. I went into it hoping one would be throwing to the other (both good athletes) and don't have a dog in the race.

We'll see.

Could be. I went into it hoping one would be throwing to the other (both good athletes) and don't have a dog in the race.

We'll see.

I don't either, I just wanted it to be a fair competition.

The rest is just a charade. They say a decision will be made 8/21. That's just lip service, we all know the move that will be made.

I mean I can understand if we're Ohio St and have Heisman QB's who are 3rd stringers, but we're Syracuse who hasn't had more then 1 year of above average QB play in 15 years.

Full_Rebar said:
If Womack is working at WR does this mean the staff has questions about the other guys. Ish, Estime, Cornelius, Avant, Custis, Enoicy should all be ahead of him. How many WR are needed? Especially since this is a kid that probably needs a bit more work at QB in terms of mechanics. And for all the "Shafer's staff doesn't make excuses". 631980829795860480

Eh - An excuse is rendered in the aftermath of a game, not a year later. I read that as opinion.

anomander said:
Maybe people need to be reminded of this http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1366719/kenterius-womack You don't see any WR there. All you see is dynamic QB play, that was good enough to get a scholarship offer to play Quarterback at Arizona.

He plays WR in some of those highlights, I thought. Was listed as QB/DB/WR.

We also don't know if he'd be moved at AZ too.

Not totally disagreeing 100% - just offering a counterpoint...

All that does is hurt his development. Put him at QB full time. Not half here, half there.

10 days isn't going to hurt his development and I think 3 days of practice time is enough time to at least know if he can make all the throws 'accurately' at this level. In 3 days they've at least assessed who can throw.

If he has the ability to help the team at wr then no point in developing him as 5th string qb.

If Womack is working at WR does this mean the staff has questions about the other guys. Ish, Estime, Cornelius, Avant, Custis, Enoicy should all be ahead of him. How many WR are needed? Especially since this is a kid that probably needs a bit more work at QB in terms of mechanics.

And for all the "Shafer's staff doesn't make excuses".

Well there's a good number of people who think we're short on wr numbers and need to bring in several more for this class.

That part I agree with because 2016 WR's will be needed to be ready to be big contributors in 2017 and 18. I don't have an issue with moving Womack next Fall after he's had a year at QB..like the K.Johnson/McNabb situation mentioned.

With the way practices are set up, he probably wasn't going to get much practice time at QB with the Starters and upperclassmen getting most of that time, perhaps he is getting the work in at QB when the Frosh are practicing? I don't believe this means the end of him at QB, at least not until 8/21 and the staff makes that decision.

Maybe Dungey will get some run at safety tomorrow ?

Whigham was absolutely the worst player on the team last season. IMO.

Hope he can turn it around.
Not to mention that he got, with a lot of help from her, Hanna Strong tossed off the woman's soccer team.

Not to mention that he got, with a lot of help from her, Hanna Strong tossed off the woman's soccer team.
He's a very good corner and has decent shot at playing in the NFL.

Pre frosh you mean?
What i mean is that the current roster QB,s and those that have committed to sign this year seem to be considered better options going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom