8-9 more schollies in this class | Syracusefan.com

8-9 more schollies in this class

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Interesting comment from the Matt Park / Shafer interview I just linked in other msg.

Should be interesting if some new names pop up.

64 players returning + 15 known commits = room for 6 more.

Means that we are having some defections.

Or a few early departures.

Interesting comment from the Matt Park / Shafer interview I just linked in other msg.

Should be interesting if some new names pop up.
Great, great interview. Makes me want to suit up.

Do

Some of the commits are January enrollees who count against last year's class.

Do some of the commits are January enrollees who count against last year's class.

By my count we used 24 scholarships last year. One lucky January enrollee can count towards last years class.

I thought we were full at the inn. Where are the balance of these scholarships coming from?

I thought we were full at the inn. Where are the balance of these scholarships coming from?

I believe in addition to Hack, Doug Marrone is taking 5-6 players with him as well. Word is he's also taking 3 more assistants, a grad assistant, 2 trainers, his visor, his head set, and a chain gang to be named later.

I believe in addition to Hack, Doug Marrone is taking 5-6 players with him as well. Word is he's also taking 3 more assistants, a grad assistant, 2 trainers, his visor, his head set, and a chain gang to be named later.

And one enormous binder.

Will Hicks?

Do

Some of the commits are January enrollees who count against last year's class.
This isn't a class #'s issue.. it's based on availability of scholies... can have a max 85.

it doesnt mean all the commits are still on board, if 1-2 leave thats your 8.

Have to believe that some commits are decommiting or up in the air thats why the number is at 8

you can only have 25 signed kids in a class per year.. but if any of those 25 leave that spot opens back up . Barret left and Ford is gone too right? so the 24 signed becomes 22 and we dont really know if Myles Davis is ever gonna play.

you can only have 25 signed kids in a class per year.. but if any of those 25 leave that spot opens back up . Barret left and Ford is gone too right? so the 24 signed becomes 22 and we dont really know if Myles Davis is ever gonna play.

Rumor is that Barrett is re-enrolling this week.

I'm not sure if you can re-issue a scholarship from a previous class if a player leaves ... especially if that player practiced with the team.

At this point it really doesn't matter since we don't have room for 25 newbies anyways without hitting the 85 cap.

I think there may be a couple bonehead decisions for a few guys with NFL dreams, but we have to remember some of these kids come from NOTHING and feel they need to try to feed their families.

I think there may be a couple bonehead decisions for a few guys with NFL dreams, but we have to remember some of these kids come from NOTHING and feel they need to try to feed their families.
Hope they get good advice from the staff.

1 more year in college = 10 times as much food.

hopefully if it's anyone it's Anderson, and not Bromley. That would be crushing. Lyn already said he's coming back, sounded like Smith was iffy, Pugh is gone, who was the 6th that asked for an NFL evaluation?

hopefully if it's anyone it's Anderson, and not Bromley. That would be crushing. Lyn already said he's coming back, sounded like Smith was iffy, Pugh is gone, who was the 6th that asked for an NFL evaluation?

Rome has already announced that he's coming back.

Also forgot to mention that Beaulieu's return is uncertain. Ameen-Moore should be back, but not so sure about Max.

They can feed their families after graduating with an SU degree. That is a certainty.

They can feed their families after graduating with an SU degree. That is a certainty.
While I'm not sure if your post contains some hyperbole, the value of simply a bachelors degree has been greatly diminished in the current labor market. The $40 to $50K salary a recent college graduate is lucky to get only after they are lucky enough to find a job hardly makes an impact to feed a struggling family.

Of course, the value of having a college degree vs. not having one (after not getting drafted) is high, just not high enough to make an impact on those surrounding you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom