A chance to become a legend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A chance to become a legend

That indicates they will move Battle to the 3 and play Thorpe at SG with Frank at PG. So Thorpe is the back up plan if we miss on JT.

No, Battle wouldn't be moving but let's worry about that after we find out definitively what happens today. Jordoo is right, though.

That doesn't make any sense - they fill different needs. And Thorpe is only for 1 year so what is the downside?

It's about the number of scholarships available.

Do we have enough scholarships to add tucker, marek and thorpe?

Nope. That was the downside to spending a scholarship on Hughes. Regardless of how good he may be down the road he can't help us next year and takes a slot from someone who potentially could help next year.

If we are fortunate enough to land Tucker and then go with Marek, the guard situation is going to rely heavily on the redemption of FH. We will be extremely thin there. I hope JB has good reason to believe that Frank will turn the corner.

1. Frank Howard - Jr.
2. Howard Washington - Fr.
3. Tyus Battle - So.
4. Matthew Moyer - RFr
5. Pascal Chuckwu - RSo/Jr
6. Taurean Thompson - So.
7. Oshae Brisset - Fr.
8. Bourama Sidibe - Fr.
9. Elijah Hughes - So. when he begins play but can't play next season

Still Available for next season

Last edited:
Does the staff view Marek as a point forward type?

All I've heard from several people is they love him, think he's highly skilled and view him as a 3/4. Haven't heard point/ forward and maybe you were making a lack of point guards comment, but that what is the word is. His visit was eye-opening.

Last edited:
If we are fortunate enough to land Tucker, the guard situation is going to rely heavily on the redemption of FH. We will be extremely thin there. I hope JB has good reason to believe that Frank will turn the corner.
This almost makes me wish we don't land JT so we can grab Thorpe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom