A couple of nuggets... | Syracusefan.com

A couple of nuggets...

All American
Had the good fortune of spending some time the other day, along with fellow board member hoopsupstate, with THE highest of sources. Just a couple of tidbits from that conversation that I feel comfortable enough to share with you guys:

1. Look for a new addition to the current class before the start of Fall camp. A DL with great size.
  2. Possible transfer from a major program at LB.
  3. We are in VERY good shape with Wayne Williams.
  4. He is pleased with the state of recruiting. Said that when they can get a home visit, they have a "74 percent success rate."
  5. AB is "by far, the best athlete on offense" and will be on the field.
  6. Is very concerned with "outside influences" effecting the team. Mentioned "bloggers."
  7. Described some of the incoming Freshmen/JCs as "killers."

Great guy and great ambassador for the program. I really hope he is given every opportunity to get the program turned around.

Bloggers or message board posters? Two completely different things. Need clarity here, please.

1) So Garrick is coming?

7) I can't wait until the class of 2012 gets here.

Could number 2 be Ishaq?...

Be forewarned about providing insider information - in a few hours (or days) you will regret posting this when multiple jack@sses start challenging your information.
- If we don't get Wayne Williams you will be blamed for this because you specifically told us he was ours.
- If the home visit success rate drops below 70% people will be very angry with you
- The "bloggers" comment is going to "set-off" multiple people on here, I guarantee that with 100% certainty. It may even warrant a separate thread that gets enough posts to be called legendary.
- If the DL comes in under 325 he will be called a small LB, if he is under 300 there will be speculation that he will be moved to safety... or fullback... or another running back. If he is over 325 he will be too fat to ever play at SU, we fans should know about these things since Chandler Jones was drafted in the first round. We are very good at predicting these things.

GOOD LUCK! :D

- The "bloggers" comment is going to "set-off" multiple people on here, I guarantee that with 100% certainty. It may even warrant a separate thread that gets enough posts to be called legendary.

I only make needless arguments about journalism, not blogging. So don't worry about me.

Bloggers or message board posters? Two completely different things. Need clarity here, please.

Not sure if this will provide clarity, as I do not know his definition of the term, but he specifically referred to "bloggers" several times.

my wife was the one who ran in to him,but his name was hard to pin down.

all she remembers was something that sounded like delvan Mcguinty... along those lines.

twice she met him and twice she got his name,twice she forgot his name and even had to barrow his cell phone to make an important call,hers was dead

he is supposedly at occ where she works taking classes to get eligible for syracuse football. very well spoken kid who was very easy to converse with.he even said he was taken classes at s.u. also this spring.

needs some courses to get in... he seemed very genuine in his story according to her

My guess is the lb was the Graham kid from CT that played at Florida last year. We were close to landing him while in HS until UF offered. I believe he just announced he is transferring to UCONN to be closer to his family. If it is isn't him, I will be thrilled.

Thanks for the info.

I bet it is Johnson Hopefully he got his waiver from the NCAA. Adding him and our personnel at DE could be much Better then last year.

i believe USC has to boot a few players for next year as they will be over the 75 player limit and they do have a linebacker from jersey.

I think I found a possible transfer but it's not at LB but at WR. Remember Quinta Funderburk?

Had the good fortune of spending some time the other day, along with fellow board member hoopsupstate, with THE highest of sources. Just a couple of tidbits from that conversation that I feel comfortable enough to share with you guys:

1. Look for a new addition to the current class before the start of Fall camp. A DL with great size.
  2. Possible transfer from a major program at LB.
  3. We are in VERY good shape with Wayne Williams.
  4. He is pleased with the state of recruiting. Said that when they can get a home visit, they have a "74 percent success rate."
  5. AB is "by far, the best athlete on offense" and will be on the field.
  6. Is very concerned with "outside influences" effecting the team. Mentioned "bloggers."
  7. Described some of the incoming Freshmen/JCs as "killers."

Great guy and great ambassador for the program. I really hope he is given every opportunity to get the program turned around.

Great stuff, B!

Very excited to see the answers to #1 and 2.

And also intrigued by the Quinta Funderburk reference above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom