A couple of nuggets... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A couple of nuggets...

my wife was the one who ran in to him,but his name was hard to pin down.

all she remembers was something that sounded like delvan Mcguinty... along those lines.

twice she met him and twice she got his name,twice she forgot his name and even had to barrow his cell phone to make an important call,hers was dead

he is supposedly at occ where she works taking classes to get eligible for syracuse football. very well spoken kid who was very easy to converse with.he even said he was taken classes at s.u. also this spring.

needs some courses to get in... he seemed very genuine in his story according to her

Give your wife a Sharpie before she goes to work. Tell her if she meets this kid again, to have him write his name on her forehead.

my wife was the one who ran in to him,but his name was hard to pin down.

all she remembers was something that sounded like delvan Mcguinty... along those lines.

twice she met him and twice she got his name,twice she forgot his name and even had to barrow his cell phone to make an important call,hers was dead

he is supposedly at occ where she works taking classes to get eligible for syracuse football. very well spoken kid who was very easy to converse with.he even said he was taken classes at s.u. also this spring.

needs some courses to get in... he seemed very genuine in his story according to her

Did you say before it was a Nottingham kid or something to that effect?

Had the good fortune of spending some time the other day, along with fellow board member hoopsupstate, with THE highest of sources. Just a couple of tidbits from that conversation that I feel comfortable enough to share with you guys:

1. Look for a new addition to the current class before the start of Fall camp. A DL with great size.
  2. Possible transfer from a major program at LB.
  3. We are in VERY good shape with Wayne Williams.
  4. He is pleased with the state of recruiting. Said that when they can get a home visit, they have a "74 percent success rate."
  5. AB is "by far, the best athlete on offense" and will be on the field.
  6. Is very concerned with "outside influences" effecting the team. Mentioned "bloggers."
  7. Described some of the incoming Freshmen/JCs as "killers."

Great guy and great ambassador for the program. I really hope he is given every opportunity to get the program turned around.[/q

Maybe talking about negativity in realtion to some fans and their propensity to spill their negative viewpoints in print continually. Suspect this mindset could potentially pervade every area of their life and SU football happens to be a so called (self) interest and readily available outlet where the spout flows. And yes I am a fan with an objective mindset that loves how sports can effect a young persons life dynamically. Especially those who would not otherwise have this type of opportunity. Wow, look at Kevin Scott, that kid must be amazing. I trust at least.

Here's another article that mentions Funderburke and Syracuse. The going rumor seems to have him pegged for Virginia though. He'd be a tremendous pickup if he indeed decides to commit to playing football. This kid tore up high school and I believe dominant in the AA game. He was also a high school teammate of Jaston George.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ver-also-on-the-move-20120503,0,2087907.story

The impression I get is Funderburke's HS teammate, Bama QB Phillip Sims, is the one who is transferring to UVA.

- The "bloggers" comment is going to "set-off" multiple people on here, I guarantee that with 100% certainty. It may even warrant a separate thread that gets enough posts to be called legendary.

I won't go off, but the comment is indicative of someone out of touch. Blogs, message boards, the internet isn't going away and is only going to grow. SU needs to learn how to use it to their advantage like some other schools do and not make claims that the internet could be cause, or a contributor, for any failures.

The impression I get is Funderburke's HS teammate, Bama QB Phillip Sims, is the one who is transferring to UVA.

And because of that all the articles are speculating Funderburke follows him to UVA. That and it's UVA, his home state, where more than one article said he wanted to transfer closer to home.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING HERE...WERE DEALING WITH MY WIFE:noidea:...AIRHEADED BLOND

LOL.

thank you for this thread...it was well needed to help get out of the doldrums of may with no info...NOW NEED GAMETIMES!!!!

And because of that all the articles are speculating Funderburke follows him to UVA. That and it's UVA, his home state, where more than one article said he wanted to transfer closer to home.

Yeah. I started finding all of that speculation stuff after I posted.

And if I may get obnoxiously technical, Syracuse is 700 miles closer to Hampton Roads than Fayetteville, Arkansas. So he would be closer to home. Just saying.

He is concerned with 'bloggers'? Why? Can they pass rush?

What a paranoid meat head.

I won't go off, but the comment is indicative of someone out of touch. Blogs, message boards, the internet isn't going away and is only going to grow. SU needs to learn how to use it to their advantage like some other schools do and not make claims that the internet could be cause, or a contributor, for any failures.

Maybe that explains the lousy cell / smart phone reception in the Dome. ;)

Maybe that explains the lousy cell / smart phone reception in the Dome. ;)

LOL. You may be on to something. But then again, it sucks during basketball and JB doesn't let any of that stuff bother him.

Meh, his opinion is the same as 99% of all football coaches.

They are all paranoid freaks, it's to be expected.

Meh, his opinion is the same as 99% of all football coaches.

They are all paranoid freaks, it's to be expected.

So 99% of the coaches worry that bloggers/posters can impact their team (and since it was said that must mean in a negative way)? Do other coaches use the internet to their advantage (hint: the answer is yes)? Do these supposed 99% of coaches who blame the internet for failures realize that 99% of the people on the internet are real fans that go to games (or as many as they can), donate $$$$ to the program and go to bowl games? Maybe the worry should be those fans that show up as silver benches?

Im not liking this bloggers comment. It's one thing to not like them but to fear them is just absurd. Doug just needs to worry about coaching and recruiting and everything will workout ok on his end.

Im not liking this bloggers comment. It's one thing to not like them but to fear them is just absurd. Doug just needs to worry about coaching and recruiting and everything will workout ok on his end.

Maybe Doug is still pissed over the "Fizz vs Ishaq's parents" confrontation.

So 99% of the coaches worry that bloggers/posters can impact their team (and since it was said that must mean in a negative way)? Do other coaches use the internet to their advantage (hint: the answer is yes)? Do these supposed 99% of coaches who blame the internet for failures realize that 99% of the people on the internet are real fans that go to games (or as many as they can), donate $$$$ to the program and go to bowl games? Maybe the worry should be those fans that show up as silver benches?

In all seriousness, yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every single head coach fears the Internet. I read it all the time. Anytime a coach is asked about changes to the sport you inevitably hear about how much "tougher" it is now because of message boards, blogs, social media, etc.

Look, I think it's silly. And the ridiculous mentality of head coaches is one of the major things I absolutely hate about football. But I completely believe that most hate all things Internet with a white hot fiery passion.

Here's another article that mentions Funderburke and Syracuse. The going rumor seems to have him pegged for Virginia though. He'd be a tremendous pickup if he indeed decides to commit to playing football. This kid tore up high school and I believe dominant in the AA game. He was also a high school teammate of Jaston George.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ver-also-on-the-move-20120503,0,2087907.story

This would be tremendous if true.. I would rather they use him at WR as he will be a great playmaker but any high quality player like this would be a tremendous addition, I can not believe this is not the biggest thing coming out of the thread.

Not sure if this will provide clarity, as I do not know his definition of the term, but he specifically referred to "bloggers" several times.

Orangefizz and Troynunes they are far from loved on the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom