A couple of nuggets... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A couple of nuggets...

coaches and internet geeks are both ****** up, both think they really matter in the grand scheme. again, these guys for the most part are meathead phys ed teachers, the smart ones don't worry about bloggers just as most internet posters don't get ther BVD's in a knot when the coach says he doesn't like internet forums, who gives a rats ******* ass about it eitherway. Geeze, a meathead has disrespected nameless, faceless posters on the internet, but I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!! As if Marrone just spit on your kids or something, serioulsy this is ****** up
I admit, there is no facts to back this up...but seems like kids are internet savvy and probably come to these sites. Many of the posts are very negative about SU football...especially forums like syracuse.com. That could possibly influence a potential recruit thinking the sentiments reflect the entire fanbase. Most kids are not really wise enough yet to know that the biggest losers and yes, haters make the most noise. Maybe Marrone does not like it. Can't say I blame him.

yuck, excuses...I cant wait to hear that the syracuse.com football forum has ruined the program. lol. hot seat level just bumped up a notch.
so did the internet forum hysteria meter - give me a friggin break

dude, we just had an extremely deflating 6 game losing streak to end the season that had moments of GROB. And we are hearing insider info that people in the program are blaming the internet. While rumor, innuendo and the like do exist online, for the most part the internet is a trailing indicator. Therefor if your product stinks, the conversation is negative. They need to worry about fixing that. Not by attacking their biggest fans.

so did the internet forum hysteria meter - give me a friggin break

Coaches don't like the internet because they're paranoid and they find themselves not being criticized at the water cooler or barstool, but in a public forum.

Net, this is a good thing for their profession as a whole since it increases transparency and should make coaches more accountable for their mistakes. The good ones will learn, the meatheads will have a hard time. The good ones will stick, the meatheads will fall by the way side.

- The "bloggers" comment is going to "set-off" multiple people on here, I guarantee that with 100% certainty. It may even warrant a separate thread that gets enough posts to be called legendary.
Well it looks like you nailed this one on the head hahaha this entire thread is about the internet.

coaches and internet geeks are both ****** up, both think they really matter in the grand scheme. again, these guys for the most part are meathead phys ed teachers, the smart ones don't worry about bloggers just as most internet posters don't get ther BVD's in a knot when the coach says he doesn't like internet forums, who gives a rats ******* ass about it eitherway. Geeze, a meathead has disrespected nameless, faceless posters on the internet, but I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!! As if Marrone just spit on your kids or something, serioulsy this is ****** up

Good job at reading the comment and then the responses. Who said anything about coaches not liking internet forums? You're right, nobody cares, big whoopee. But that wasn't the comment (or supposed comment I should say). You just went off for nothing on something that wasn't said.

dude, we just had an extremely deflating 6 game losing streak to end the season that had moments of GROB. And we are hearing insider info that people in the program are blaming the internet. While rumor, innuendo and the like do exist online, for the most part the internet is a trailing indicator. Therefor if your product stinks, the conversation is negative. They need to worry about fixing that. Not by attacking their biggest fans.

"Is very concerned with "outside influences" effecting the team. Mentioned "bloggers."

from this you get that people in the program are blaming the internet for the teams losing streak and that they are attacking their biggest fans? people on this board are nuts and will make up whatever angles they need to turn any post back into the same tired anti-staff rants.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the 5 game losing streak, but at some point every thread doesn't have to revert back to a bitch-fest about the staff or a search for proof that they're not getting the job done.

Well it looks like you nailed this one on the head hahaha this entire thread is about the internet.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Fact is that this board, others, and the aholes at Orangefizz impact the program negatively, in particular recruiting.

Some of the crap posted here and elsewhere makes the job harder.

Coaches don't like the internet because they're paranoid and they find themselves not being criticized at the water cooler or barstool, but in a public forum.

Net, this is a good thing for their profession as a whole since it increases transparency and should make coaches more accountable for their mistakes. The good ones will learn, the meatheads will have a hard time. The good ones will stick, the meatheads will fall by the way side.
I don't agree. I don't think Marrone himself is bothered at all about criticism of him to the extent that it does not affect a recruit's perception of the program. He's a big boy and has been around. He can handle it if someone says he is a "meathead"... probably laughs and the idiocy of that sort of comment. However, when it comes to the negative nancy comments possibly affecting a recruit's perception of the program...I am sure he's not a fan of those.

I think this thread is a prime example of why coaches get frustrated with message boards. A post with nine points (most were great info about the team) instantly goes negative and becomes a thread about "Marrone hates the Internet".

The OP said "Marrone was concerned about out side influences on the team. Mentioned bloggers". How do we start there and get to Marrone hates the Internet?

This is why I don't post any of the tidbits I get from my friends that are close to the team anymore. People get negative or angry so quickly. I only share them with a few people through direct messaging. It's really the only way to not cause a storm when you post info.

This is why I don't post any of the tidbits I get from my friends that are close to the team anymore. People get negative or angry so quickly. I only share them with a few people through direct messaging. It's really the only way to not cause a **** storm when you post info.

That sucks... Let's make people take a test, or have them vetted, and if they pass, they are eligible for the super secret, password protected, NSA approved board. The rest of the morons can pound salt. Unlike life, let's let the good guys win on this forum.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Fact is that this board, others, and the aholes at Orangefizz impact the program negatively, in particular recruiting.

Makes every job harder. There are mentally unhinged fans in every fanbase. And the one thing they all have in common, they all have internet access.

If I were Marrone, I'd be more worried (and I'm sure he is) about influences much closer to the players, in some cases their friends, in some cases their family members.

When Marrone provides information, people go nuts and criticize him for what he said or what people draw from it. When he doesn't provide information, people go nuts and criticize him. So, maybe he may as well stay quiet.

I don't agree. I don't think Marrone himself is bothered at all about criticism of him to the extent that it does not affect a recruit's perception of the program. He's a big boy and has been around. He can handle it if someone says he is a "meathead"... probably laughs and the idiocy of that sort of comment. However, when it comes to the negative nancy comments possibly affecting a recruit's perception of the program...I am sure he's not a fan of those.
Wasn't talking about Marrone. My commentary was on the football coaching profession as a whole.

Wasn't talking about Marrone. My commentary was on the football coaching profession as a whole.
No problem. Sorry...I did read you post and got that part...but should have made it more clear that the term is thrown out a lot around here in reference to SU's coach. I am sure those who do that are highly paid and have their Phd.'s and that gives them the right.

Clearly the post has been edited, but it mentioned more then bloggers before. Regardless, "the highest of sources" (staff) is worried about outside influence from bloggers. That's still blaming the internet.

And back to my original point. Excuses from the staff. That's a bad indicator.

"Is very concerned with "outside influences" effecting the team. Mentioned "bloggers."

from this you get that people in the program are blaming the internet for the teams losing streak and that they are attacking their biggest fans? people on this board are nuts and will make up whatever angles they need to turn any post back into the same tired anti-staff rants.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about the 5 game losing streak, but at some point every thread doesn't have to revert back to a bitch-fest about the staff or a search for proof that they're not getting the job done.

Clearly the post has been edited, but it mentioned more then bloggers before. Regardless, "the highest of sources" (staff) is worried about outside influence from bloggers. That's still blaming the internet.

Well since we cannot ask Marrone what he meant we all have to guess. IMO he didn't mean bloggers as much as people on the internet. I am sure he is worried about Facebook and Twitter more than this forum. People can be mean with their comments. If it is on this forum then it mainly falls on deaf ears. If however it is a direct message to a player that can influence them. So I can certainly understand him feeling that way. If however he has a problem with forums or blogs in general then he needs to .

I don't think it is "blaming" the internet and more than me putting a kid in a car seat is blaming a highway for anything. I hope I never get in an accident... but that does not stop me from putting my kid in the car seat. Marrone is concerned that jackasses who continually post negative things about the football program may hurt he perception of he program by recruits. By keeping things closer to the vest, he gives out less ammo for these losers.

Every BCS level D1 school has the same problem, hell Saban during August practice last year lashed out at the Bama Message boards in one of his press conferences. Marrone and others need to be able to overcome it and I think they can.

Every BCS level D1 school has the same problem, hell Saban during August practice last year lashed out at the Bama Message boards in one of his press conferences. Marrone and others need to be able to overcome it and I think they can.

All he did was identify it as a concern. That fact that people here get worked up about that fact is hilarious.

All he did was identify it as a concern. That fact that people here get worked up about that fact is hilarious.

I think one person got worked up about it, I think most of us just find it funny but in the end dont have much concern about it.

I'm just happy every time I see the word "meathead" on this forum. I doubt the term was invented here, but this is the only place I see it used with regularity to describe a jock or dumb coach. Maybe we can get it trademarked.

Thanks, Millhouse. :)

Marrone is concerned that jackasses who continually post negative things about the football program may hurt he perception of he program by recruits. By keeping things closer to the vest, he gives out less ammo for these losers.

But when every single program has negative posts and blogs about their respective teams, does it really matter?

Alabama won the national championship. But I guarantee that there were countless negative posts or blog 'articles' written by Bama fans and posted for the world to see throughout the course of the season.

There is a lot of sensitivity on this board, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom