A final thought on Marrone's tenure here...Attendance and $upport- | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A final thought on Marrone's tenure here...Attendance and $upport-

I don't know how many, but I can say Tennessee is one of them. They have no problem getting 100,000 to games even when it's perfect boating weather midway through the season.
Because they boat to the games there! blew my mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Because they boat to the games there! blew my mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yeah. I've grown to hate UT since I moved here, but I've gotta admit the vol navy is pretty cool. I think most of the people that boat there either watch the game on their boat or go back home in time to watch the game.

Syracuse is one of the ten least accessible places to attend a game? I don't think so.

In my very limited experience, Maryland, West Virginia, and Texas A&M all involve similar walks for someone who doesn't have access to big donor parking passes.

2009, 2010, 2011

9/18/2010 Maine W 38-14 Bad
9/25/2010 Colgate W 42-7 Bad
10/16/2010 Pittsburgh L 14-45 Bad
11/6/2010 Louisville L 20-28 Bad
11/20/2010 Connecticut L 6-23 Bad
11/27/2010 Boston College L 7-16 Bad

9/1/2011 Wake Forest W 36-29 Good
9/10/2011 Rhode Island W 21-14 Bad
10/1/2011 Rutgers L 16-19 Bad
10/21/2011 17 West Virginia W 49-23 Good
11/11/2011 South Fla. L 17-37 Bad

Plus
9/1/12 Northwestern L 42-41 Bad
10/5/12 Pittsburgh W 14-13 Good
10/19/12 Connecticut W 40-10 Good
11/10/12 Louisville W 46-26 Good

This is me, personally, at the Dome during the Marrone era. I'm not a "regular." You would consider me a die-hard I guess, and it was pretty tough to get motivated to spend the money I did after 2010 and 2011. His tenure, I personally witnessed 8 wins at home, 5 if you cut out the FCS teams. Measure that up to 7 losses, some of them unbearable (I NEVER LEAVE EARLY THOUGH).

It was tough for ME to get motivated to spend money and run up those long as stairs for kickoff. I can't imagine the average casual football fan in Syracuse doing the same. I felt like I saw more losses than wins, and that would be true if you didn't count FCS.

Maryland and WVU? Been to both 2x. They are not difficult at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Maryland and WVU? Been to both 2x. They are not difficult at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I remember traffic and access to Maryland being terrible, and that was for lacrosse.

Syracuse is one of the ten least accessible places to attend a game? I don't think so.

In my very limited experience, Maryland, West Virginia, and Texas A&M all involve similar walks for someone who doesn't have access to big donor parking passes.

West Virginia has a huge parking lot right next to the stadium and then a monorail that can be used if you need to park elsewhere. It was pretty easy as far as most games are concerned in my eyes.

Never been to A&M. Maryland did suck though when I traveled there for a game, terrible if I do say.

It's far easier at SU than it is at UVa and UNC. And for that matter, unless you pay a small fortune at FedEx, you might be in an official team lot, but the walk triples at least the stroll from M Street. Rutgers was pretty easy, been too long since I have been at UMD to comment.

I've been to both UVA and UNC. Both are more difficult than SU. Parking at UNC is non-existent.

You can do that, be prepared to get out your check book though.

I have a parking pass about a block and a half from the dome. Have had it for 15 years. I dont think
I even pay $100 for the year for it.

West Virginia has a huge parking lot right next to the stadium and then a monorail that can be used if you need to park elsewhere. It was pretty easy as far as most games are concerned in my eyes.

Never been to A&M. Maryland did suck though when I traveled there for a game, terrible if I do say.

Monorail's neat, but it doesn't offer much in the way of capacity and gets congested. It's also a bit of a walk from the auxiliary parking at the Coliseum to the nearest station. Those lots are about as far from Mountaineer Field as Manley is from the Dome (and, oddly enough, the monorail is a bit slower than Centro buses).

For what it's worth, I agree with you - found WVU "pretty easy." I feel the same way about the Dome. Many of these football venues are best enjoyed by people who are willing to walk 10-20 minutes.

A number of people who talk about the Dome seem to want a football experience a.) that can be driven to with little traffic congestion, b.) that does not require an uphill walk, c.) that does not require a longer walk than five minutes, and d.) that offers four hours of automobile storage for under $15 or $20. When you're talking about an event attended by tens of thousands of people in Syracuse, none of those things is reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom