A possible reason | Syracusefan.com

A possible reason

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
I think CDRW was a very good, perhaps even, exceptional QB in high school. Recruiting services saw him that way. Four-star, ranked 16th QB in the country, 5th QB after the 2020 elite 11. Florida certainly viewed him that way. So what, as people here are asking, what the hell happened?

My guess is, as happens to a lot of kids as they move to higher competition, the game is suddenly too fast for him. He can't make quick enough reads, people are bearing down on him, he throws either too quickly or too late and poorly.

The game announcers noted it on one particular play I believe in the second half. A receiver was instantly open over the middle. If he hit him right away it was at least a fifteen to twenty yard gain. Instead he waited and lofted it to a spot that far down and two BC defenders were there to break it up.

He does well on a set running play and I think that's why they (Beck) built it into the game plan. Take the rush off, give him time.

The question is, will it ever slow down for him. I think in someways that was part of Devito's problem when he was here. Illinois, slowed it down for him with short quick outs and slants and allowed his true talents to finally bloom. It's a tough game to play under any circumstances, but almost impossible if your confidence is gone. And with everything else in the programs going sideways...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom