A reminder... Syracuse is still a football school. | Syracusefan.com

A reminder... Syracuse is still a football school.

SU2NASA

All American
The basketball program is great, but we have been, are, and always will be a football school.

And if you don't like it, this man would like to talk to you.

216px-JimBrownByPhilKonstantin.jpg

All you need to check is the student attendance for football games vs. basketball games.

/thread

I think of SU as a football school and you can use the attendance of the last ten years but we haven't been good in football the last ten years. I mean we have the legend of 44 that's what I grew up watching and the reason I became a SU fan was due to football.

If the basketball coach back then had treated him better, #44 himself might have confirmed that we are a basketball school.

Love football, but I'm also a Bills fan so already have filled my "loss quota".. BB And Lax baby! I'll jump back on if the wagon ever drives by again though.

Delete thread.

Is your confidence that low in the football team in the last 8 years that you feel we can't be both?

This is a stupid conversation...
We won the basketball and Lax championships in 02-03.

Florida won the football and basketball championships in the same year a few years back.

Dumb post. When the football team gets back to 7-0 and is two games away from a championhsip game do you want us basketball onlies to pray they crash and burn??

There was a time when SU had more football titles, than basketball titles. It was only a short while ago. Basketball only fans are bandwagoners, who will be all over 'Cuse football our next 9 or 10 win season.

This is stupid.

Basketball has had longer sustained success. We're clearly known for our basketball program more than our football program.

We're an ELITE basketball program and a former GREAT football program that's fallen on hard times in the last 10-15 years.

If we are a football school we are the only one that only takes one and two star recruits. Coaches must think that this whole star thing is over-rated and Bama is just lucky. Since we are not a basketball school it must be that the only reason we get 4 and 5 star basketball recruits is because they want to be associated with our football team's reputation. I get it. Duke is another football school and USC is a basketball School. Up is down, black is white.

This is stupid.

Basketball has had longer sustained success. We're clearly known for our basketball program more than our football program.

We're an ELITE basketball program and a former GREAT football program that's fallen on hard times in the last 10-15 years.

2 seasons ago 8 wins. 11 seasons ago 10 wins. ;)

There was a time when SU had more football titles, than basketball titles. It was only a short while ago. Basketball only fans are bandwagoners, who will be all over 'Cuse football our next 9 or 10 win season.
I should live so long.

This is stupid.

I agree. We are a basketball power not a school. Doesnt mean we dont have a proud football tradition that I am hopeful will turn the corner and get back to where we were in the late 80's to early 90's.

We have won the 5th most games in the history of college basketball and our coach will have the second most wins all time. Again we've become a basketball power.

To the casual or fanatical fan if you ask them the first thing that comes to their mind when you hear the words Carrier Dome and its the basketball team. Sad because its a football stadium.

The basketball program is great, but we have been, are, and always will be a football school.

It's both, and best in breed in another.

From 1987 to 2003 it was probably the best combined football/basketball private university in the country. Three final fours (one national championship) in basketball, and four major bowls (Sugar, 2 Fiestas, Orange), with wins over PSU, Texas, Florida, Miami, VT, OSU, LSU, Auburn, and Michigan.

During that same period, 7 lacrosse championships.

And this has been, is, and always will be a basketball board. Take your weak s#it over to the football board.

Yeah I am thankfull we still have a football program to.

Unfortuanetly they have like one winning season in the last 9 years. And just went to a much tougher conference.

As JAB will tell you: "Syracuse is a football school with a pretty good basketball program"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom