Abrupt change in recruiting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Abrupt change in recruiting...

No they don’t.
Yes they have lol their 2019 class they have 4 players ranked in the top 76 including the 14th and 15th ranked players. They don't have a great 2020 class. 2021 so far we have Benny they have a kid ranked 27th.

Yes they have lol their 2019 class they have 4 players ranked in the top 76 including the 14th and 15th ranked players. They don't have a great 2020 class. 2021 so far we have Benny they have a kid ranked 27th.
Benny is a 5 star top 25 player. I don’t believe they have any of those.

That's your belief and it very well could be the case but until it happens it's speculation.

Novas 2018 class they had 3 guys in the top 52. We had Jalen Carey.
They have recruited better than us. But, they live in the top 30-80. And their guys learn their system and play at the level of top 25 players as upper class men. They rarely get top 25 players. That is their model.

That's your belief and it very well could be the case but until it happens it's speculation.
It’s not my opinion. It is the opinion of the only recruiting service to see him during the pandemic. In fact, I do believe if the expert that saw him had his way, Benny would be ranked in the top 15. That part is my opinion, but top 25 is a fact.

It’s not my opinion. It is the opinion of the only recruiting service to see him during the pandemic. In fact, I do believe if the expert that saw him had his way, Benny would be ranked in the top 15. That part is my opinion, but top 25 is a fact.
Ok let's say he's a top 25 recruit its one recruit. Novas recruiting has been much better than ours.

Ok let's say he's a top 25 recruit its one recruit. Novas recruiting has been much better than ours.
I addressed that previously. I like our guys. I think we will be just fine. And, we add Benny to the mix next year. And, I have faith that we will put a good class together for 2022. It won’t be the ridiculous class that we all dreamed of, but it will be a class that continues the ascent back to our standard.

I addressed that previously. I like our guys. I think we will be just fine. And, we add Benny to the mix next year. And, I have faith that we will put a good class together for 2022. It won’t be the ridiculous class that we all dreamed of, but it will be a class that continues the ascent back to our standard.
Maybe we will be fine but it's time to start thinking bigger than just fine we should be able to land a ridiculous class every now and then.

And that is a player at each position.
I'm not ready to go there on woody. If Griff has a big year he might be thinking NBA. People were also high on Carey and Goodine.

They have recruited better than us. But, they live in the top 30-80. And their guys learn their system and play at the level of top 25 players as upper class men. They rarely get top 25 players. That is their model.
They had two top 15 kids last year.

Probation isn’t why our recruiting cratered.
It clearly didn’t help but losing Hopkins has hurt more.

Hopkins was our best recruiter.
Probation didn’t help but we still could bring in talent if the talent wanted to come.
That is on the coaches recruiting.

We have some nice players coming in and need them to hit.
Jalen Carey was a 4 star.
Brycen Goodine was a 4 Star.

They both didn’t pop here.
The same people defending recruiting would blame those kids rather than the coaches who brought them in.

So I'm not usually one to post rumors, but this seems like a great spot to do it.

This was years ago when Hop still thought he was taking over the program. I heard from someone (this guy doesn make stuff up) that Hop told a few guys that when he takes over gmac needs to produce or he is out. I trust this someone very much, so I was really surprised when I heard it because it didn't seem to make sense with the relationship they have.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone else ever heard this rumor.

They had two top 15 kids last year.
True, they had an uptick in the class of 2019. But there success has been built on the type players i described.

True, they had an uptick in the class of 2019. But there success has been built on the type players i described.
That's fair but they have been getting a lot of those type of kids and we haven't.

That's fair but they have been getting a lot of those type of kids and we haven't.
Just because you want elite players to come here doesn’t mean they’ll come here... they make their own decisions for their future, not you. You‘re even worse on the football forum, kids go where they want to...if a Coach “misses” on a kid, you immediately blame our program. Freedom in America bro, is not new.

Huh? They have 5 5 star guys and 2 other Top 50s in the last 5 classes. That's exactly what we used to do and why they are in the top 10-15 like we used to be every year.

Huh? They have 5 5 star guys and 2 other Top 50s in the last 5 classes. That's exactly what we used to do and why they are in the top 10-15 like we used to be every year.
Yeah, I wasn’t thinking of the class of 2019. They have two 5 star guys.

Just because you want elite players to come here doesn’t mean they’ll come here... they make their own decisions for their future, not you. You‘re even worse on the football forum, kids go where they want to...if a Coach “misses” on a kid, you immediately blame our program. Freedom in America bro, is not new.
This is Syracuse not Wake Forrest or Rutgers. We are a big time program. Go to any other big time programs it's the same thing. I expect to miss on guys we have missed on way too many lately.

I love these threads, they appear every few months or so, and each time the person posting it frames it like it’s some new, authentic epiphany while leaving out relevant/significant circumstances altogether... hey I’m here for ‘em, every last one of ‘em!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom