ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

Thank god K’s the media face of this for the most part
Coach K coming into ACC coaches meeting drawing up a play on "options" for the tournament like..
Screen_Shot_2019_11_27_at_9.51.24_AM.jpeg

I agree with most of the replies here but honestly at this point I just want to watch our guys place this year. Idc what that looks like or how the Tournament shakes out as long as there's a season to play this year ill be happy.

I agree with most of the replies here but honestly at this point I just want to watch our guys place this year. Idc what that looks like or how the Tournament shakes out as long as there's a season to play this year ill be happy.
You are going to see bubbles for nonconference play. IMO
Then hopefully conference play.

I was reading we could see Syracuse playing 8-9 teams at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut in a bubble there.

This is dumb and I don’t agree with it. Makes a regular season where players are theoretically risking their health almost inconsequential and meaningless.

Also makes Conference Tournaments even more inconsequential than they already are.

As usual with major college sports today...the idea is probably all about the $$$.

This gives lower ranked schools and conferences a piece of the action. A little charity from the big boys.

Dan Wolken in USA Today summarizes it this way:

"...perhaps most important, it would incentivize many of the smaller schools who are facing a financial crunch to actually play the season. Under the current circumstances in Division I, where teams at the lower end desperately need non-conference games against major conference opponents to fund their programs, that’s no guarantee. There is some concern that dozens of schools could simply opt out of the season — and may have trouble returning."

Wonder who will be the final 86th seed.

It's all about recouping the money that was lost from 2020.

Every team already gets a chance into the tournament via their own conference tournament.
I've always kinda thought the same thing... every D1 team is sort of in the NCAA Tournament already (or at the very least, theoretically capable of winning the national title) if you think of the MEAC Tourney and the SWAC Tourney and all of the other crappy conference tournaments as qualifiers.

Which is way different than D1 FBS College Football - where something like 50% of the schools (probably more) have zero chance of winning the title, even if they win all of their games.

I'm fine with expanding things this year, given the circumstances. Just give me 25-30 SU Hoop games, please, I don't care what has to be done to make that happen... I'm dying over here.

I've always kinda thought the same thing... every D1 team is sort of in the NCAA Tournament already (or at the very least, theoretically capable of winning the national title) if you think of the MEAC Tourney and the SWAC Tourney and all of the other crappy conference tournaments as qualifiers.

Which is way different than D1 FBS College Football - where something like 50% of the schools (probably more) have zero chance of winning the title, even if they win all of their games.

I'm fine with expanding things this year, given the circumstances. Just give me 25-30 SU Hoop games, please, I don't care what has to be done to make that happen... I'm dying over here.
Yeah I can see a one year expansion of the tournament because all teams won’t play the same amount of games.

It’s just stupid to advocate for 340 teams in the tournament. It’s ludicrous.

This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

It would be like if you poured yourself a glass of your favorite beer, and then added a gallon of water to it.
This isn't even close to the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

There is potential, for 1 year only, that it could be like pouring ice cold coors lights (rocky mountains blue as alexandra daddario's eyes) on top of even more ice cold coors lights on the hottest, Adam Sandler/Chris Farley pool party type hot day.
SNLSchmitts1.jpg

This is the stupidest idea I have ever heard.

It would be like if you poured yourself a glass of your favorite beer, and then added a gallon of water to it.

It would be like pouring yourself a glass of beer, then pouring yourself 350 more glasses of beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom